People actually liked the Joker depiction in Suicide Squad?!?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was terrible and FORCED as hell. It's like watching someone pretending to be over the top crazy so they can get the insanity defense in court.

Plus you had Joker chilling in a public club having social conversations and shyt. :what: The mob dude in TDK said it best "friends ...have you met this guy??"

Dudes really feeling this new age, hipster version of the Joker?
Joker is a crime boss so he would have to interact with people.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He gave fuks tho, SS's joker was for a feminist led world, he was basically p*ssywooped.Other joker's would have abused Harley or treated her like brad Pitt did juliette lewis in kalifornia. Instead it was more like something out of true romance
He did hit her WB deleted those scenes because of complaints that would've came. They can't play out that abusive side of their relationship in 2016:yeshrug: Not to mention Heath got an entire movie as the central antagonist Leto didn't. :yeshrug::manny::hubie:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
He did hit her WB deleted those scenes because of complaints that would've came. They can't play out that abusive side of their relationship in 2016:yeshrug:
I really hope that's not true.

There's plenty of movies about people doing deplorable things, it doesn't mean they are condoned. I mean this is ridiculous.

There would he absolutely zero wrong with portraying Joker, a villain, as being an abusive partner. That's kind of the point.

My bigger guess is that Harley would come off less like a cool character that people liked if she were a true psycho who kept going back to her over the top abusive boyfriend. Remember they want "anti hero" Harley.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah he just felt out of place. I agree he's a character that is open to new interpretation, but all the random ink, being shredded like a model with all the muscle definition, the grill, and hanging around the club scene all felt like a bad fit for the joker. This is a character supposed to be a loner, more on the gritty side, maybe a little smaller than most villains, and I think the hairstyle of the joker is a part that really almost embodies the character as well. Even with it being green, it can't be all slicked back like he's part of the Corleone family. That just seems like a poor fit. Jack's joker, ledger's joker, and the cartoon one all were a bit more disheveled and unhinged in that regard. I think it creates a more unstable and volatile image for the character
:mindblown:

You don't understand joker AT ALL. and you're contradicting yourself

Look at jack Nicholson joker.

latest

how-jared-leto-became-the-12th-man-to-play-the-joker.jpg

Yeah such huge difference in hair :skip: only real difference is leto hairline isn't flabby and sick

Look at him. he's clean cut. hair brushed back. he looks cleaner than letos joker for fukks sakes.

He also had a fukking gang that he hung out with in Burton film.

Again,you people have made up a version of Joker in your head and you sound like you've literally made an idea of what joker is supposed to be in your head that is factually wrong. He's not "supposed" to be anything especially not a loner. That's just a one version of him of which there is many including one with tattoos in comics.

rs-and-The-Jokers-Gang-1988.jpg

The fact you bring up the other 2 film versions let's me know off top you're full of shyt anyway.

Films and comics aren't beholden to stiff rules that you made up or anybody made up. It's a fluid medium with a shyt ton of variations and changes to characters.

Last edited:

hcain999

Rookie
Daps
The movie was avg/trash,thus it lowers the overall perception of the characters who did not stand out at all.
Trash by association.:manny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I really hope that's not true.

There's plenty of movies about people doing deplorable things, it doesn't mean they are condoned. I mean this is ridiculous.

There would he absolutely zero wrong with portraying Joker, a villain, as being an abusive partner. That's kind of the point.

My bigger guess is that Harley would come off less like a cool character that people liked if she were a true psycho who kept going back to her over the top abusive boyfriend. Remember they want "anti hero" Harley.
I saw the leaked clip Joker slapped her when she pointed the gun at him they deleted it people will come after them now. Hence why this Joker is much tamer:yeshrug:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
when i first saw it i thought he was ok but after watching the extended one i sorta agree it was a lil too over the top....the part where he puts his hand over his mouth to show the grinning tat while he laughed was cringe worthy to me :huhldup: and having him be a ginormous simp was ridiculous. Why on earth would the joker of all ppl be sitting in a room sulking looking like he lost his puppy just waiting for details on harley. That whole scene was dumb af

That was probably my biggest complaint next to his limited screen time they really had the Joker trying to be a cuck to Common in the beginning of the movie asking him to fukk Harley:mjlol:

Honestly, though I would give him another shot in the Ben Affleck Batman film he's a good actor and the take on the joker has potential but ultimately he was wasted I could see Affleck using the Joker in a more traditional way and not used to introduce the villains of the DCEU.

Last edited:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Yeah he was terrible. Only people defending this shyt are people that are Leto fans. It's like people who keep trying to hype gordon levitt. They just aren't good actors. Jesus that laugh was super bad. Just corny all around. I could by this version of the joker if it wasn't justin bieber in whiteface.:mjlol:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Yeah he was terrible. Only people defending this shyt are people that are Leto fans. It's like people who keep trying to hype gordon levitt. They just aren't good actors. Jesus that laugh was super bad. Just corny all around. I could by this version of the joker if it wasn't justin bieber in whiteface.:mjlol:

That laugh was just like Jim Carrey's Riddler, he would have been better in Schumacher's Batman...

Birds of Prey Joker was even better....

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Needed more screen time and if the cartoon movie was ported.
ss would have worked past will smith, boomerang meets terminator, croc, waller and quinn.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He gave fuks tho, SS's joker was for a feminist led world, he was basically p*ssywooped.Other joker's would have abused Harley or treated her like brad Pitt did juliette lewis in kalifornia. Instead it was more like something out of true romance

Acurrate true romance comparison, and dc has doNE to much with no chronological order to what makes them tick.

Art Barr