Pelosi expected to pass House leadership to Hakeem Jeffries today at noon

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Thank you for the clear response.
The reasons I'm fine with Pelosi are for things that Jeffries hasn't had the opportunity to do, assuming he even has the ability. So you don't believe his hostilities towards NYC progressives will have broader implications for how he manages house dems? Obviously I'm thinking of the progressive caucus, which he will need to secure his position.
I think the progressive house leader will run and lose and then back him over the alternatives. Hakeem knows how to make nice and he won’t be Pelosi’s attack dog in the new role. Brooklyn nikkas know how to adapt.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
The Sabotage Clan already trying to be a pain in the ass for Jeffries and he hasn’t even got the job yet. It’s gonna be 10 times the sabotaging cuz Jeffries black. Like even now they want him to give Katie Porter an important role “just cause”.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The Sabotage Clan already trying to be a pain in the ass for Jeffries and he hasn’t even got the job yet. It’s gonna be 10 times the sabotaging cuz Jeffries black. Like even now they want him to give Katie Porter an important role “just cause”.
This dude pulls up every now and then with a hot take proven wrong and then disappears. So you can all breathe easy and expect the opposite. It’s like you don’t understand political bargaining.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Some folks are going to be a pain in the ass no matter what, but I think dem leadership is clearly happy with the state of the party based on the 2022 midterms. There's no civil war to be had like in 2016, 2018, and early in the 2020 cycle.

Pelosi and Clyburn are taking a step back and presenting the Dems with a younger face.

A jeffries and Clark has to be seen as a forward step over Pelosi and Clyburn if you're center left.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Progressives have no juice or power. Why should Dems listen to they bs?
I mentioned it in the other thread and was criticized for trolling, but if Dems were steam rolled last week the discussion of leadership wouldnt be one of hand picked succession and one over the soul of the democratic party going forward.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Cool. Another centrist who goes out of their way to attack the progressives in the party. Doubt he’ll do worse than Pelosi though so let’s see how it goes. Gay black Twitter is extremely excited so I’m happy for some of y’all.
Higher Learning libs had a brief moment of clarity when they realized Democrats lost the house because of NY centrist but now they're back to their regularly scheduled programming of blaming everything on progressives :manny:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Higher Learning libs had a brief moment of clarity when they realized Democrats lost the house because of NY centrist but now they're back to their regularly scheduled programming of blaming everything on progressives :manny:
Centrists? I thought it was one guy who did the nominations and HL criticized him at the time and supported him being removed from office.

Unrelated, do you support gerrymandering if it’s done to help dems?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Centrists? I thought it was one guy who did the nominations and HL criticized him at the time and supported him being removed from office.

Unrelated, do you support gerrymandering if it’s done to help dems?
Cuomo is a centrist my guy. He literally backed a group of conservative democrats called the "independent democrats" (who were basically republicans) to prevent center-left and progressive Democrats from controlling the state. He then went and appointed Republican court judges. To top it all off, the state Democratic Party chair spends more time attacking progressive in primaries than Republican in general elections. They didn't spend enough in a lot of winnable races. I think that those seats will be won back in a presidential year though. But Cuomo fukked over these next two years for Biden.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Some folks are going to be a pain in the ass no matter what, but I think dem leadership is clearly happy with the state of the party based on the 2022 midterms. There's no civil war to be had like in 2016, 2018, and early in the 2020 cycle.

Pelosi and Clyburn are taking a step back and presenting the Dems with a younger face.

A jeffries and Clark has to be seen as a forward step over Pelosi and Clyburn if you're center left.
I personally thought AOC would take the crown.