Pelosi expected to pass House leadership to Hakeem Jeffries today at noon

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Welp, I was wrong. For some reason, I thought she agreed to step down in 2024. I remember reading the article about that agreement, its hard to believe that was back in 2018, feels like it was last year. Covid really fukked the timeline up :patrice:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Welp, I was wrong. For some reason, I thought she agreed to step down in 2024. I remember reading the article about that agreement, its hard to believe that was back in 2018, feels like it was last year. Covid really fukked the timeline up :patrice:
After her husband was brutally attacked in their home, She said that would have some influence on her decision making.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I think that anyone who thinks that Jeffries will be terrible probably just has issues with how territorial he has been regarding certain Congress seats in NY and towards progressives even though he’s mostly left of center himself. He’s often taken an attack dog role that seems tougher on the left than on Republicans but that’s an overall critique and beef that we are dealing with up here in NY. Otherwise, if you thought Pelosi was fine then you should have no issue with Jeffries.

Thank you for the clear response.
The reasons I'm fine with Pelosi are for things that Jeffries hasn't had the opportunity to do, assuming he even has the ability. So you don't believe his hostilities towards NYC progressives will have broader implications for how he manages house dems? Obviously I'm thinking of the progressive caucus, which he will need to secure his position.