PBS Frontline: League Of Denial - The NFL's Concussion Crisis

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually ppl are playing football earlier and earlier it seem. It's just as many little league football teams as little league basketball league.
Football is growing. In baltimore it's a lot of courts with no hoops or rims. They don't even fix them.

But the information is just coming out now more and more and its getting worse and worse of course you dont see it this second but in 10-15 years footballs gonna go the way of boxing where people will still do it it but not nearly to the same extent and the product willl get watered down and lose popularity and be away from the mainstream

A huge olineman recruit from georgia tweeted he doesnt know if he wants to play football anymroe after watching that documentary beleive me this will have an effect eventually at the lower levels then trickle down to the nfl.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That Drogba collision. I forgot about that. :damn:

Italy oddly enough has been at the forefront of heart monitoring and head injuries. Players who played there have also been the most vocal about doping too.
they started to notice a lot of old Serie A players were getting ALS.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the information is just coming out now more and more and its getting worse and worse of course you dont see it this second but in 10-15 years footballs gonna go the way of boxing where people will still do it it but not nearly to the same extent and the product willl get watered down and lose popularity and be away from the mainstream

A huge olineman recruit from georgia tweeted he doesnt know if he wants to play football anymroe after watching that documentary beleive me this will have an effect eventually at the lower levels then trickle down to the nfl.
Football will never lose popularity to the extent you're proposing. Money is the biggest reason. Ppl will risk their life and health for that payday. If that oline men you referring to had a guarantee that he would get a 5year 100% guaranteed contract you thnk he still be cautious. Ain't nobody choosing everyday life at Burger King over the lifestyle of a sports athletes. Stop it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Football will never lose popularity to the extent you're proposing. Money is the biggest reason. Ppl will risk their life and health for that payday. If that oline men you referring to had a guarantee that he would get a 5year 100% guaranteed contract you thnk he still be cautious. Ain't nobody choosing everyday life at Burger King over the lifestyle of a sports athletes. Stop it.

If you told somebody boxing would lose its popularity 30 years ago people would laugh at you,to say NEVER is stupid

Of course theyre gonna have enough players to field teams but he best of the best athlete will choose to go to another sport and the product willl suffer greatly,if a great athlete can become a star in another sport thats much safer thats where hes gonna go

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
We'll see, football takes the biggest toll on you before you even get to the pros, you have to play hard in high school and college (the only major sport where there arent minor leagues you can get paid in right out of high school) all for zero guarantee to go into a league with the worst contracts and smallest pay of the big three. Like I said, it will begin to filter out those who know they can have a productive career/life without the pipe dream of pro-football stardom

Last edited:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The product is already suffering,the rules geared towards the offense, the basic extniction of kickoffs already,there gonna add more playoff teams and take away the importance of the regular season the sport to me is already suffering because of these scumbags at the top the less players playing will just be the icing on the cake

The idea that people cant fathom football losing its popularity is foolish

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
to echo what @Walt said earlier, I have a real tough time watching players get tackled now. hits bother me too, and the game itself is a bore unless I am watching red zone.

and I told you all last year after that Packers/Seahawks controversy, the NFL jumped the shark that night. ITs going to level and fall off now, and Goodell and co know this.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The product is already suffering,the rules geared towards the offense, the basic extniction of kickoffs already,there gonna add more playoff teams and take away the importance of the regular season the sport to me is already suffering because of these scumbags at the top the less players playing will just be the icing on the cake

The idea that people cant fathom football losing its popularity is foolish
high scoring = more viewers :comeon:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
With the changing of this country's demographics, the rise in popularity of soccer, and the dwindling pool of talent for Football, the sport will be Hockey in no time. Baseball will stand the test of time. :blessed:

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I signed as a free agent coming out of college, but didn't make the final cut on some real Hard Knocks type shyt. I then fluttered through the CFL and UFL but nothing ever blossomed from it. Looking back on it.... I'm somewhat grateful I didn't play much football after college. I know nikkas now in their late 20s early 30s already having trouble getting out of bed and forgettng shyt. Their money is used up and they have nothing to show for destroying their bodies. My one homie is only 31, but the doctors said he has the heart of a 50 year old with the toll football has taken on his body.

I recall at least 4 concussions in my career. 2 of them happened my senior year of college; one against some scrub non-conference team that nearly beat us. I was in on the game-winning drive and I don't even remember that shyt. The other was against Wisconsin when our QB led me into a helmet-to-helmet hit with their safety. My body went numb for a second :dead:, but I hopped up and jogged to the sideline. You'd never know anything happened. When they called my name to go back in I was like :whoa:.... I new I was fukked up.

I switched to rugby a couple of years ago and have enjoyed traveling and making a little money off that. I've never had a head-to-head collision (although they occassionally happen) and haven't had to worry about my mental health. With no helmets, people aint stupid enough to go head up (I play on the Wing so I'm not subjected to consistent big hits anyways). You gotta have that warrior-mentality to play rugby, but I personally think it's safer than football. Few people know that the NFL is actually trying to help jumpstart a pro rugby league in US that will be played in the Spring. They wanna put it on NFL Network and make loot off it; Goodell always looking for new "revenue streams".

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I signed as a free agent coming out of college, but didn't make the final cut on some real Hard Knocks type shyt. I then fluttered through the CFL and UFL but nothing ever blossomed from it. Looking back on it.... I'm somewhat grateful I didn't play much football after college. I know nikkas now in their late 20s early 30s already having trouble getting out of bed and forgettng shyt. Their money is used up and they have nothing to show for destroying their bodies. My one homie is only 31, but the doctors said he has the heart of a 50 year old with the toll football has taken on his body.

I recall at least 4 concussions in my career. 2 of them happened my senior year of college; one against some scrub non-conference team that nearly beat us. I was in on the game-winning drive and I don't even remember that shyt. The other was against Wisconsin when our QB led me into a helmet-to-helmet hit with their safety. My body went numb for a second :dead:, but I hopped up and jogged to the sideline. You'd never know anything happened. When they called my name to go back in I was like :whoa:.... I new I was fukked up.

I switched to rugby a couple of years ago and have enjoyed traveling and making a little money off that. I've never had a head-to-head collision (although they occassionally happen) and haven't had to worry about my mental health. With no helmets, people aint stupid enough to go head up (I play on the Wing so I'm not subjected to consistent big hits anyways). You gotta have that warrior-mentality to play rugby, but I personally think it's safer than football. Few people know that the NFL is actually trying to help jumpstart a pro rugby league in US that will be played in the Spring. They wanna put it on NFL Network and make loot off it; Goodell always looking for new "revenue streams".
Exactly...

Get rid of the helmets breh

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Yeah the helmets are the major issue, they amplify the concussive force of blows, especially helmet to helmet. And of course, you're much more likely to turn your body into a missile while your head is protected. But, considering how much money Riddell makes off the NFL, there's zero chance they will allow that revenue stream to dry up, so I can't see them getting rid of helmets.

With all this news coming out, I can't understand any parent that allows their son to get into football.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yeah the helmets are the major issue, they amplify the concussive force of blows, especially helmet to helmet. And of course, you're much more likely to turn your body into a missile while your head is protected. But, considering how much money Riddell makes off the NFL, there's zero chance they will allow that revenue stream to dry up, so I can't see them getting rid of helmets.

With all this news coming out, I can't understand any parent that allows their son to get into football.
And honestly....it opens the door to these hits. I can't lie....I was good because I knew how to use my helmet as a weapon. Especially on taller dudes....being 5'9...I would salivate knowing I could get underneath a taller players helmet....catching on the side of their head...their earhole.....under their chin with the crown of my helmet.

I didn't give a fukk....it was a great feeling. I miss still miss that shyt. :to:

It's demonic my friend....

If I didn't have a helmet, no way I could have done some of the shyt I got away with.

There needs to be an honest discussion about using that shyt like a weapon.

SuckFohh

Pro
Daps
This should be stickied.
:pacspit: at every single individual that played a role in this coverup lasting so long.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

Its not only helmet to helmet. Dont forget spinal cord concussions too(CTEM). When you hear player A suffered a neck injury...