Pay $70 Billion for a dying franchise brehs

BurstWicks

All Star
Daps
you're delusional if u thought MW was played out. Stop trying to rewrite history
no I am not, and im not trying to re-write history, i payed the 60 bucks, played the first level, thought it was whack and never touched it again nor ever bought another CoD game again..

And my exact thought process as im playing was... so, on the whole, what exactly is this game doing that CS, RTCW, Crysis, and countless other military shooters up to that point havent already done? yeah, this shyt is played out :unimpressed:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Activision gonna bring back Pitfall :banderas:

Pitfall-Tout_A.jpg
While you bullshytting, Pitfall could be the Uncharted clone those last couple of Tomb Raider games were somehow trying to be. :lupe:

No joke this is my pick. Only, Pitfall Harriet, granddaughter of Pitfall Harry to bring the story forward. You get to play as Harry in flashbacks as she retraces his steps. ( Harry Junior was in 1994 Pitfall. )

I'd also make her indigenous South American to tie it all together.

:wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
COD is a franchise that basically become it's own "Sport" in the gaming sector. It's not going anywhere, its well known popular and familiar. It's madden status, there will always be a crowd for it, it can miss 5 times and hit once and that's all it needs.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
COD is a franchise that basically become it's own "Sport" in the gaming sector. It's not going anywhere, its well known popular and familiar. It's madden status, there will always be a crowd for it, it can miss 5 times and hit once and that's all it needs.

Madden having the exclusive NFL license has saved it's ass tho. And I say that as a Madden stan since 1990.

That mentality of you can't be touched has shot many companies and franchises in the foot thinking it's gonna be gucci forever.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Call of Duty is one of the greats but it's peak has passed.

Still got nice sales numbers this year, but this ain't the late 2000's anymore and they've narrowed their fanbase further.

The big question will be how their next release does.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
All they gotta do is go back to basics, maybe make the graphics a little nicer again. It works for them every time.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Madden having the exclusive NFL license has saved it's ass tho. And I say that as a Madden stan since 1990.

That mentality of you can't be touched has shot many companies and franchises in the foot thinking it's gonna be gucci forever.
I don't think they're at that stage, but they better fix how they treat their consumers. I feel burned not being able to carry over stuff I've earned in games before MW2. I feel their only enemy is themselves because each COD release is still an event and most people cop it day one. I think they just need to find ways to keep people engaged after the first 3 months. I think it's been 6 months and they still haven't released any new content for non warzone modes.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I just mean at least for the next 10 years COD is probably going to be the de facto FPS. I hate COD, but people love and play them all even the bad ones religiously.
Eventually something will come along, but even with that something it's gonna take some time to shake everyone or even most off the COD tree.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
gawd damn, i remember getting the first modern warfare back in 2007 and thought the shyt was played out even then, can't believe ppl really have been re-buying the same damn game every year for almost 20 years now :mjlol:
Warzone changed the game
I enjoy warzone 2 and resurgence but warzone 1 from like season 3 of Verdansk all the way until rebirth resurgence dropped was some of the most popular games around even with the hacker problems, insane movement, and all that

I think warzone mobile coming in May with the original map might pick up steam