Pawg records herself being fired and she isn't going down without a fight

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If it can happen in one Amazon factory, it can happen in 2. If it can happen in one Starbucks it can happen in 2. People have the tools to meet in secret. You may not even realize how many of your coworkers are in secret chats.
Sure but in white collar corporate???? Not happening.

I ended up working not as a unionized employee but with Unionized employees and as you said it was a world of difference. I couldn't make nikkas do nothing but everyone worked together to get shyt done, If you were lazy you were oustracized.

Much better working evinronment, Mainly Men though women less likely to risk losing a job trying to unionize

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I don’t think I agree with that, especially if you are moving on simply for a better opportunity and not because of wrong doing by your current job. In my field there are a TON of former coworkers I came up with who are in senior leadership positions including myself. We remember folks who just left us high and dry with no warning. I would never hire any of those people and if I saw their name come up for any positions in my field of influence I would recommend they not be hired.

That exact scenario played out with me late last year. I was walking into a building and saw a guy who used to work for one of my operations. At the old spot breh ended up leaving us, no notice, just no call no showed one day and quit. He saw me in the lobby and chatted like everything was all good. Soon as I went in I went to HR and said “do not hire”. :manny:
People seem to forget where all this workplace etiquette originated from. There was a time when you could start at a company and work from the mail room to CEO if you were good enough. Companies promised yearly raises and a pension. New hires never made what employees with seniority made. So companies valued employee retention, and thus exiting properly made sense. No more pensions, seniority means squat, and quitting is the best way to get a raise today. Its not uncommon for a future employer to want someone to start immediately. Its odd that you hold long term grudges against employees that dip and no-show, but don't keep that same energy with the employer. Whether the dude no-showed or was fired, you and your teams workload was going to increase just the same. Why would one scenario upset you more than the other? Your employer can increase your job title's responsibilities without compensation even with the same number of people on your team. Break them chains, breh.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Like that HR person said in that video, nothing they would have said would have made her feel better about the situation.

You can be the perfect and reliable employee and still get tossed to the bushes because of business needs. It literally just happened to one of my close co-workers.

She didn't ask them to say something to make her feel better, she asked for the reason she was fired. HR lady was dodging the question.

The reality is that the company either messed up managing their headcount/$$ and had to do layoffs, or they have bad managers who tell underperforming reps they're doing well. And they don't want to admit fault.

It's at will, so yes you can be perfect and still be fired. Does not prevent them from giving you an honest explanation. She probably wasn't a good employee and I wouldn't do this... but this isn't a good look for Cloudfare either.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Sure but in white collar corporate???? Not happening.

I ended up working not as a unionized employee but with Unionized employees and as you said it was a world of difference. I couldn't make nikkas do nothing but everyone worked together to get shyt done, If you were lazy you were oustracized.

Much better working evinronment, Mainly Men though women less likely to risk losing a job trying to unionize
I think these kinds of videos will radicalized white collar workers. The American revolution wasn't started by working class people. By today's standards, the founding fathers would be tech and energy millionaires. The magna Carta wasn't written by farmers. Average people couldn't read let alone write.

The middle and upper middle class look at people working in union jobs that are "beneath" them but realizing that while they and their work friends are being fired, the Amazon worker in the unionized factory is still making money.

Women ESPECIALLY should be pushing hard because their jobs would be eliminated first. Women are more likely to use sick days, go to the doctors, refuse unsafe work and use their PTO. They'd be the ones who would be first to go because maternity leave and medical leave are expenses that these businesses would cut before you could even finish a sentence.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She didn't ask them to say something to make her feel better, she asked for the reason she was fired. HR lady was dodging the question.

The reality is that the company either messed up managing their headcount/$$ and had to do layoffs, or they have bad managers who tell underperforming reps they're doing well. And they don't want to admit fault.

It's at will, so yes you can be perfect and still be fired. Does not prevent them from giving you an honest explanation. She probably wasn't a good employee and I wouldn't do this... but this isn't a good look for Cloudfare either.
They aren't obligated to give her an explanation for why she's being let go. That's how "at will employment" works. It would be nice and transparent if they did, but they aren't under an obligation to do so. That's the entire point of a lot of our comments.

You can either accept it for what it is and move forward or continue to dwell on it even while knowing you'll never get that answer.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think these kinds of videos will radicalized white collar workers. The American revolution wasn't started by working class people. By today's standards, the founding fathers would be tech and energy millionaires. The magna Carta wasn't written by farmers. Average people couldn't read let alone write.

The middle and upper middle class look at people working in union jobs that are "beneath" them but realizing that while they and their work friends are being fired, the Amazon worker in the unionized factory is still making money.

Women ESPECIALLY should be pushing hard because their jobs would be eliminated first. Women are more likely to use sick days, go to the doctors, refuse unsafe work and use their PTO. They'd be the ones who would be first to go because maternity leave and medical leave are expenses that these businesses would cut before you could even finish a sentence.
Well AI is coming and the Great Quit happened so we shall see.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
They aren't obligated to give her an explanation for why she's being let go. That's how "at will employment" works. It would be nice and transparent if they did, but they aren't under an obligation to do so. That's the entire point of a lot of our comments.

You can either accept it for what it is and move forward or continue to dwell on it even while knowing you'll never get that answer.
I didn't say they were obligated to, I said they should. I don't know why you keep writing the definition of at will employment over and over.

The CEO already copped pleas over this and admitted " The mistake was not being more kind and humane as we did."

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

It wouldn't have changed anything and depending on how spicey they said it they may have gotten a lawsuit.

Unless you can prove why you fired someone it's best that they accept it, frankly they could've found a reason to let her go and tell every Hiring manager the reason when they ask.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think I agree with that, especially if you are moving on simply for a better opportunity and not because of wrong doing by your current job. In my field there are a TON of former coworkers I came up with who are in senior leadership positions including myself. We remember folks who just left us high and dry with no warning. I would never hire any of those people and if I saw their name come up for any positions in my field of influence I would recommend they not be hired.

That exact scenario played out with me late last year. I was walking into a building and saw a guy who used to work for one of my operations. At the old spot breh ended up leaving us, no notice, just no call no showed one day and quit. He saw me in the lobby and chatted like everything was all good. Soon as I went in I went to HR and said “do not hire”. :manny:
I always give two weeks notice if it's on good terms but keeping it real, if i was in your position, unless I'm a shareholder of the company, i wouldn't go out of my way to make sure the guy doesn't get hired...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I didn't say they were obligated to, I said they should. I don't know why you keep writing the definition of at will employment over and over.

The CEO already copped pleas over this and admitted " The mistake was not being more kind and humane as we did."
There’s no kind and humane way to tell someone that they’re losing their job and being let go.

Don’t believe otherwise.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
It wouldn't have changed anything and depending on how spicey they said it they may have gotten a lawsuit.

Unless you can prove why you fired someone it's best that they accept it, frankly they could've found a reason to let her go and tell every Hiring manager the reason when they ask.
In most states, that's illegal. It would constitute Tortious Interference With a Business Contract. The worst the company can say is, "We would not hire that person in the future".

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

It would've stopped this video from going viral, that's one thing it would've changed.

And if they can't prove why they fired her, that's another instance of the company being in the wrong here. She was an AE, I am 1000% sure they have records of her performance.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People really got to start start looking up what "employment at will" means and how companies don't have to give you an explanation for why you're being let go. HR was totally correct in their comment that nothing or any explanation they would have given would have made her feel better about the situation.

You can either dwell on it or try and pick up the pieces and move forward as a lot of us have or will experience layoffs at least once in our lifetime.

Yall sound so defeated….