Pawg accused of putting mothball inside chocolate candy to get neighbor’s dog to ‘stop barking’

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
SOUTHINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) – Southington police have arrested a woman after she allegedly attempted to feed a dog a chocolate candy with a mothball inside.

On Dec. 23, officers were called to a home for the report of suspicious activity after being alerted by barking from their dog. The caller told police that when he went to check on his dog, he saw a woman walking along his fence line on the neighbor’s side of the fence.

The caller said he recognized the woman as a house sitter staying at the neighbor’s home. Police said the witness stated he saw the woman place a small item on a tree stump in the yard, and when he was going back into his house, he saw a similar item on his back steps.

Police said the item was described as a cream-filled chocolate-covered candy that had a strong and distinct odor coming from the item, which was consistent with a urinal deodorizer block or a mothball. Upon further examination, the witness reported there was a mothball hidden inside the chocolate.

When officers interviewed the woman, who was identified as Sandra Sullivan, she initially denied knowledge. She then allowed officers to look around the backyard where they located an identical item described by the witness. When questioned by police, Sullivan admitted the item was a cream-filled chocolate-covered candy that she opened then hid a mothball inside.

Sullivan told police she was frustrated over the neighbor’s dog barking at all hours and decided to make a ‘treat’ for the dog to see if he would ‘stop barking.’

Police said Sullivan told them her intent was not to hurt the dog, she just wanted it to stop barking.

On Jan. 25, Sullivan turned herself into police and was charged with criminal attempt to commit cruelty to animals. She was released on a $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court next month.

Categories: Connecticut, Hartford, News, Top

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The difference being those cats aren't bothering anyone. If you have a dog that barks nonstop and disturbs all your neighbors, your karma will catch up to you :hubie:
ce5a7c56f23100746fa749c79849ea89.jpg

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I can't front; when we first got married we lived in an apartment building and on the corner was a one story garage. I guess the adjoining building around the corner, one of the residents on the second floor was able to let their dog out on to the roof. There was a couple nights that joker barked all..... night.... long.... By the end of that week, I had SERIOUSLY contemplated getting some raw meat, putting some rat poison or something in it, and throwing it over there, and let Sparky go to town.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
I can't front; when we first got married we lived in an apartment building and on the corner was a one story garage. I guess the adjoining building around the corner, one of the residents on the second floor was able to let their dog out on to the roof. There was a couple nights that joker barked all..... night.... long.... By the end of that week, I had SERIOUSLY contemplated getting some raw meat, putting some rat poison or something in it, and throwing it over there, and let Sparky go to town.
lassie was a cac :hubie: