Paula Jai Parker believes she's been blackballed after choosing to marry the bus driver instead of a bus owner

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
According to Chuck, Shaq, Kenny, and Ernie, the bus driver is the star player though :dwillhuh:

This message brought to you by: "Things that make you go :jbhmm:"

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
She hit the age where roles start drying up for non-lead/drawing/A-list actresses by Hollywood standards. Even then, she still has multiple upcoming projects and she's been acting consistently for decades.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
she didn't get blackballed, she just lost the connection that got her all those roles to begin with.
You think Jennifer holland would've gotten roles in Peacemaker, the suicide squad, Guardians, shazam, and black adam?
If she wasn't with james gunn?
81546349800d9b5fb4a286b5931287b6

she's right otherwise, though, hollywood is about clique and they like to work with their friends and lovers etc.
She not part of that social clique anymore so she losing out on the roles. wouldn't call that blackballing though.

HE MAY HAVE NOT GOTTEN
HER THOSE ROLES CONSIDERING
SHES BEEN DOING shyt
SINCE THE EARLY 90S...

HE MAY HAVE JUST PREVENTED
HER FROM GETTING MORE ROLES
ON SOME "IF YOU fukk WITH HER
YOU DONT fukk WITH ME"
TYPE shyt.
:devil:
:evil:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Her husband just sitting there like "Damn,thats crazy:unimpressed:" .

As a man its your job to have the answers. If my righteous attachment was an actress black balled by Hollywood. I would say "Okay darling,pack your bags,were going to Nollywood:wow:". Or I would pick up a camera and write scripts. As a black man your supposed to be all encompasing one stop shop/every man:respect:.

On the other hand I hear her with that "lost my house" talk. As well as breaking down how all these bad things happened after marrying him,and having his baby. No man deserves to be a punching bag and constantly blamed for your decisions either. He shouldve nipped that in the bud.

Based on this clip,she may have made a horrible decision in her husband. And not just becsuse they are homeless in a hotel,although thats a bad sign.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

HE MAY HAVE NOT GOTTEN
HER THOSE ROLES CONSIDERING
SHES BEEN DOING shyt
SINCE THE EARLY 90S...

HE MAY HAVE JUST PREVENTED
HER FROM GETTING MORE ROLES
ON SOME "IF YOU fukk WITH HER
YOU DONT fukk WITH ME"
TYPE shyt.

could be the case, but she said not just the roles disappeared, but all her "friends" too.
not having any friends in the industry that runs on cliques can lose you roles just as much as being black balled. he might not have anything to do with that beyond, obviously not putting her in any of his own projects.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
could be the case, but she said not just the roles disappeared, but all her "friends" too.
not having any friends in the industry that runs on cliques can lose you roles just as much as being black balled. he might not have anything to do with that beyond, obviously not putting her in any of his own projects.

I TOOK THAT AS HER
AND DUDE RAN IN WITH
THE SAME CLICK
AND THE CLICK CHOSE HIM.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I don't get the term "Production Assistant" when it comes to financial stability. The term is very vague
How much does he actually make? And why won't he look for a better job if what he's doing now is not paying the bills?

On the other hand, she was in alot of big roles in Hollywood, not sure why she did not save her money and is living in a hotel