Paula Deen admits in deposition to using N-word, telling racist jokes, report says

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
I'm with you on this one.

And I'll take it a step further, people have the right to be racist.

What they DON'T have the right to do is discriminate BASED on race. to which it seem's she hasn't done.

like you said I'm always like OK and, when I hear shyt about someone SAYING the n word or a racial slur.

Your rights are still being violated when they use a racial slur towards you. The EEOC in part was set up because of this. So if a Black person at your job gets called n1gger or any other racial slur by a coworker or supervisor, you don't see a problem with it.

"Harassment

Harassment on the basis of race and/or color violates Title VII. Ethnic slurs, racial "jokes," offensive or derogatory comments, or other verbal or physical conduct based on an individual's race/color constitutes unlawful harassment if the conduct creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment, or interferes with the individual's work performance."

Daps
And that's exactly my point.

Your experience has taught you one thing. Mine has taught me another. We simply disagree. You said you can't vouch for my experiences, but yet you're sitting here telling me I should feel and act a certain way. What part of the game is that?

The amount of ignorance you've spewed in here is astounding.

Most of it has been adequately addressed, even if it went over your head, but regarding this "my experience" nonsense:

If I grew up around tigers where you've never heard of them and we see a tiger across the way and I tell you not to try to pet it, you'd best listen despite your "experience". :ufdup:

That's the essence of the issue here, your limited "experience" defining your entire knowledge along with a complete dismissal of the experiences of the collective....this is perfect illustration of willful ignorance.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you guys really going to believe The National Enquirer ?
A magazine thats known for having at least one alien story every week.
A magazine that historically has no credibility what so ever

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The amount of ignorance you've spewed in here is astounding.

Most of it has been adequately addressed, even if it went over your head, but regarding this "my experience" nonsense:

If I grew up around tigers where you've never heard of them and we see a tiger across the way and I tell you not to try to pet it, you'd best listen despite your "experience". :ufdup:

That's the essence of the issue here, your limited "experience" defining your entire knowledge along with a complete dismissal of the experiences of the collective....this is perfect illustration of willful ignorance.

:manny: Ok, so maybe you can answer the question that nobody has been able to answer. What are you gonna do about this other than sit here and talk about how much you care?

Edit: Also, I know what you were trying to say, but your use of metaphor was... awful at best.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you guys really going to believe The National Enquirer ?
A magazine thats known for having at least one alien story every week.
A magazine that historically has no credibility what so ever

That's not the National Enquirer, that's the Weekly World News and I don't even think they are made anymore.

Damn right... :jawalrus:

Daps
:manny: Ok, so maybe you can answer the question that nobody has been able to answer. What are you gonna do about this other than sit here and talk about how much you care?

Edit: Also, I know what you were trying to say, but your use of metaphor was... awful at best.

You continually fail to see the forest from the trees. :snoop:

It's about a mindset, you clearly lack. I couldn't care less about Paula Dean. It's fukk her and move on (if this story is even true, likely it's not). I'm more bothered by the amount of (alleged) black people who can't see why racism is a problem.

That shyt is sad.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not surprised at this old pasty C@C bytch

but the toms that allowed themselves to do that ssmh

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's about a mindset, you clearly lack. I couldn't care less about Paula Dean. It's fukk her and move on (if this story is even true, likely it's not). I'm more bothered by the amount of (alleged) black people who can't see why racism is a problem.

That shyt is sad.

The problem with Black people is that we spend all our love on everybody else who hates us, that we don't have any love left for ourselves. See the hoods in Chicago for proof.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That shyt is sad.

Got it.

So you say, "fukk it" and move on and it's all good.
I say "fukk it" and move on, and it's c00nery, uncle tom, etc...

Some of you guys... I don't think you know what you're talking about sometimes. You talk about the mindset, not understanding that we have the same mindset, breh.

Nowhere did I say racism wasn't a problem; you can't link anything I've said that's even remotely close to that. I just said I don't allow the opinions of white people to dominate my thoughts.

But you won't hear me tho.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Her shows should be removed from Food Network. She might get lucky. This news may die down since James Gandolfini just passed away.

Daps
Got it.

So you say, "fukk it" and move on and it's all good.
I say "fukk it" and move on, and it's c00nery, uncle tom, etc...

Some of you guys... I don't think you know what you're talking about sometimes. You talk about the mindset, not understanding that we have the same mindset, breh.

Nowhere did I say racism wasn't a problem; you can't link anything I've said that's even remotely close to that. I just said I don't allow the opinions of white people to dominate my thoughts.

But you won't hear me tho.

:childplease:

Your initial reaction to her comments were "so what?" :rudy:

I don't say "fukk it" I said "fukk her". And no one is allowing it to dominate their thoughts, that's a leap YOU keep making. :stopitslime:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
So if I was to be on this bytch's Payroll for a Catering Event:patrice: ..I have to Wear a White Jacket & Black Bow Tie like some Goddamn Monkey? Southern Hospitality is something else, I tell ya'. :birdman:

I know she doesn't Speak for the Entire South but :yeshrug: ..it's just :wow: .....:to: why are Blacks always and Forever getting shytted on in The South? :wtb:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease:

Your initial reaction to her comments were "so what?" :rudy:

I don't say "fukk it" I said "fukk her". And no one is allowing it to dominate their thoughts, that's a leap YOU keep making. :stopitslime:

*sigh*

You're misunderstanding on an olympic level, breh. Let's step back here.

I didn't make any leap at all. A leap would be me saying, "I believe you allow racism to dominate your thoughts." but that's not what I said. What I said was, "I don't allow racism to dominate my thoughts." I didn't speculate at all on your mental reaction to this, did I?

Can we start there?