Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
He got sooo good at being able to perform and read the room at the same time. I've watched Elephant in the room over 20+ times and its clear that he didn't have a plan of jokes he was gonna say rather he had topics in mind and would get the crowd to guide where they wanted him to go material wise. One of the funniest was the guy who was with his girl and patrice asked him "how do you daydream about killing your girl?" and dude proved the point that guys have a hard time being honest and then went into more detail :laugh: I miss the guy :to:

Nah I heard some of the bits before, but his crowd work is excellent.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Nah I heard some of the bits before, but his crowd work is excellent.

Yeah, he worked on bits on the O&A show and they even gave him a few ideas/setups for him to build on. Also, he had some recurring jokes that he did on several performances but the inflection usually varied.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
someone who has listened to everything.. are most of the short clips of him passed around covered with that mega-torrent of all his appearances on O&A? Or is this completely different stuff?

I've listened to all his appearances that are on youtube so I don't know what's all in that torrent, but most of those clips come from O and A with a couple sprinkled in that I haven't heard or forgot where I've heard it.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Easily the best O&A Patrice appearance, in terms of variety and just the flow. He covered relationships, the government, cheating, dumbs tv shows :whew:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Easily the best O&A Patrice appearance, in terms of variety and just the flow. He covered relationships, the government, cheating, dumbs tv shows :whew:

:whew: I'm only up to 40, and this is in the span of 9 months :laff:

even without stealing material, that youtouber is lame as hell. i dont know how he gets so many views

youtube is lame as fukk breh. most people have really shytty sense of humors, thats why something like jay leno, csi, two and a half men are so popular. you make really really mild funny/pot-stirring observations and people will like it

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'm relentess with his O&A stuff. I've probably listened through the entire collection 3-4 times already, you'd suprised how him and Ant arguing over racism can boost a workout :laugh:
do you lsiten to any other podcasts? watch tv/movies?

that seems like soooo much time invested :whew: how long has it taken you to listen to all that 3-4 times?

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
someone who has listened to everything.. are most of the short clips of him passed around covered with that mega-torrent of all his appearances on O&A? Or is this completely different stuff?
Everything on youtube except for the interviews at other stations and the Black Phillip show is in that torrent. Speaking of which someone needs to convert all the Black Phillip eps to mp3 cause they're a bytch to stream in the car, I'd probably even pay for them if I could

Since my initial post in this thread I've listened to just about all of Patrice's shyt that's out there, hundreds of hours worth. This shyt sounds corny to admit but I've definitely become a different dude since then. p*ssy rate done increased exponentially and I've even tried stand up comedy at a few open mics, and even though I've gotten good reactions that shyt is not easy and it makes you appreciate Patrice's effortless style even more

It really sucks that this nikka is gone man...would've been dope to hear his perspective on a lot of shyt that went down since he passed. I can't fukk with O&A without him, he was the only dude capable of eloquently putting their bullshyt in check. I still can't bring myself to listen to the show that aired after he passed, been like two years but my ass is still in denial lol. This nikka finna live forever in my ipod

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
do you lsiten to any other podcasts? watch tv/movies?

that seems like soooo much time invested :whew: how long has it taken you to listen to all that 3-4 times?

Bruuuuh! i had a chill ass job for 5 years in college before i graduated last year, essentially i worked at the school soccer fields for 5-6 hours a day, all my responsibilities were to check out balls/cones and help if anyone got injured. So i was allowed to bring my laptop/books to study/goof off, so pretty much my entire time working there i just listened to all his and burr's appearances ( not to mention his Black Phillip shyt/ Patrice Oneal Show etc) and also when i work out i load up my fav ones and :laugh: . Its crazy coz when you start listening you get hooked in and time almost seems to pass really fast man, truss me you'll prolly burn through all his appearances faster than you think.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
. I can't fukk with O&A without him, he was the only dude capable of eloquently putting their bullshyt in check. I still can't bring myself to listen to the show that aired after he passed, been like two years but my ass is still in denial lol. This nikka finna live forever in my ipod

This, tho i will make the odd exception when Bill Burr is on because Burr will somehow mention/bring up an old Patrice story that i might not've heard.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I always think to myself I'm gonna catch up to new O&A but I can't be bothered, I have way too much audio to get through anyway.Might as well listen to the special stuff more. Have the Patrice stuff, then Louis CK too I haven't even started.. and now I see there's a Bill Burr one as well

It's kinda crazy that people are listening to hundreds of hours of a regular radio show because of a guy or two, I doubt anyone it doing the same for the May 26, 2006 morning zoo or whatever.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I don't listen to O&A without him, Louis or Burr on.

Anthony is the worst, and not in a jokey way. I despise that dude.

Those two by themselves aren't funny! And I can't stand when Ant goes on his racist rants.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Everything on youtube except for the interviews at other stations and the Black Phillip show is in that torrent. Speaking of which someone needs to convert all the Black Phillip eps to mp3 cause they're a bytch to stream in the car, I'd probably even pay for them if I could

Since my initial post in this thread I've listened to just about all of Patrice's shyt that's out there, hundreds of hours worth. This shyt sounds corny to admit but I've definitely become a different dude since then. p*ssy rate done increased exponentially and I've even tried stand up comedy at a few open mics, and even though I've gotten good reactions that shyt is not easy and it makes you appreciate Patrice's effortless style even more

It really sucks that this nikka is gone man...would've been dope to hear his perspective on a lot of shyt that went down since he passed. I can't fukk with O&A without him, he was the only dude capable of eloquently putting their bullshyt in check. I still can't bring myself to listen to the show that aired after he passed, been like two years but my ass is still in denial lol. This nikka finna live forever in my ipod
I got you on the black phillip shyt when I get home. Don't remember where I got it but a lot of his shyt is mp3.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
[quote="yoyoyo1, post: 7085317, member: appearances oays think to myself I'm gonna catch up to new O&A but I can't be bothered, I have way too much audio to get through anyway.Might as well listen to the special stuff more. Have the Patrice stuff, then Louis CK too I haven't even started.. and now I see there's a Bill Burr one as well

It's kinda crazy that people are listening to hundreds of hours of a regular radio show because of a guy or two, I doubt anyone it doing the same for the May 26, 2006 morning zoo or whatever.[/quote]

Im on my second run through of his O&A appearances and the way he thinks about things is always interesting to hear. It's not his jokes as much as it is just his brilliant takes. They were talking about the NBA dress code and he was talking about how the NBA needs to give them a stipend for those suits because these superstars arent wearing the same suit twice and the shyt was hilarious and a good point.

Louis CK and Bill Burr don't have the collection Patrice has on O&A so you listen to theirs and just wish patrice was there to work off of