Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I don't listen to O&A without him, Louis or Burr on.

Anthony is the worst, and not in a jokey way. I despise that dude.

This is where I am now. I used to listen daily religiously, but weirdly started falling off right after Patrice died.
Ant always irked me, but he had redeeming values and opie and Jim would call him out sometimes when he got out of pocket. But now I only really check the show rundowns and go play the shows if there are guests I want to hear (mostly their comedian friends Louis, Burr, etc)

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Listening to #43 nikkaology 101, and it's probably the best 4 hours front to back show I've listened to so far

There are always little funny moments in every show, but this has been 4 straight hours of hilarity

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
i miss this mans insight :to:
its truly ridiculous, I thought that news bit was not gonna online but there it was

even the "lesser" segments are complete classic preserved on youtube, the quality of this guy's work was crazy. and every other show O&A would thank him at the end cause they knew how brilliant he was

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Up to #60, and I keep hearing snippets here and there every couple of shows that started forming Elephant in the Room. That routine was marinating for at least 5 years, no wonder it is one of the GOATs.

Patrice getting pissed off cause O&A didn't know any black music while he knew all the white music

Patrice egging on the argument between Jericho and Norton

Patrice being rude as fukk whenever some topic not concerning him was talked about

Patrice going on a rant about how TV and radio was being feminized and everything being politically correct

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I love this thread, has anyone posted the episode where Norton and Patrice talk about Brazil? That's like the birth of Black Phillip.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Does anyone have his Patrice O'Neal podcast episodes? I'm up to #68 on my second run through of the OnA appearances and have heard him mention them but haven't found anything in my limited google search.

After listening to so much of his material you really think this dude is your friend when deep down I know, he would just shyt on me and keep it moving :to: :blessed:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I love this thread, has anyone posted the episode where Norton and Patrice talk about Brazil? That's like the birth of Black Phillip.

Does anyone have his Patrice O'Neal podcast episodes? I'm up to #68 on my second run through of the OnA appearances and have heard him mention them but haven't found anything in my limited google search.

After listening to so much of his material you really think this dude is your friend when deep down I know, he would just shyt on me and keep it moving :to: :blessed:

this tricked me too

They called it a "podcast" before a "podcast" became what it was today. In reality they were small bits of stuff he had here and there. it wouldn't be a podcast these days, it would be a web series

http://www.youtube.com/user/PatriceOneal/videos

I just listened to the podcast where they first mention his thing (59 I think) and had to find it myself

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps

this tricked me too

They called it a "podcast" before a "podcast" became what it was today. In reality they were small bits of stuff he had here and there. it wouldn't be a podcast these days, it would be a web series

http://www.youtube.com/user/PatriceOneal/videos

I just listened to the podcast where they first mention his thing (59 I think) and had to find it myself

nah Patrice didn't know wtf a podcast was and called it that cause he didn't know any better lol

but yeah that shyt is hilarious, with an actual budget and creative reign he coulda made a sketch show that rivaled Chappelle

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
nah Patrice didn't know wtf a podcast was and called it that cause he didn't know any better lol

but yeah that shyt is hilarious, with an actual budget and creative reign he coulda made a sketch show that rivaled Chappelle

If I'm not mistaken he was in talks with FX around the time of his passing. FX would have been the perfect outlet for him to do exactly what he would have wanted, considering how much reign they've given other comedians.