Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes and no. some of his funniest stories came from the opie and anthony show.
i see what you mean. as far as comedy it was probably his stuff in O&A.

but what i meant was, Black Phillip was not only funny as fukk at times but I actually felt like i was listening to something...IMPORTANT. i know it's the corny thing to say but this show changed my whole outlook on life and women. the way he put it down, i felt like it was not only funny (had to pause and rewind sometimes cause i was laughing so much) but even more importantly it was powerful for all the knowledge and game he dropped. dude was dropping gems like crazy and did it in a HILARIOUS way. that's why i felt like it was the most important thing he's ever done in his career to me at least. and i was wondering if other people also felt that way about the show.

i sincerely feel like this is something men all over should listen to. like a rite of passage of some sort. and i'm not even exaggerating. dude should have written a book about that show. the way he understood the game, organized his understanding into principles and a philosophy, and then delivered it so raw and funny. It's almost like he showed people the path to happiness. and it's stuff that we already knew intuitively. but that we've buried with insecurity and fear. so he just pulls it back out...

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
i see what you mean. as far as comedy it was probably his stuff in O&A.

but what i meant was, Black Phillip was not only funny as fukk at times but I actually felt like i was listening to something...IMPORTANT. i know it's the corny thing to say but this show changed my whole outlook on life and women. the way he put it down, i felt like it was not only funny (had to pause and rewind sometimes cause i was laughing so much) but even more importantly it was powerful for all the knowledge and game he dropped. dude was dropping gems like crazy and did it in a HILARIOUS way. that's why i felt like it was the most important thing he's ever done in his career to me at least. and i was wondering if other people also felt that way about the show.

i sincerely feel like this is something men all over should listen to. like a rite of passage of some sort. and i'm not even exaggerating. dude should have written a book about that show. the way he understood the game, organized his understanding into principles and a philosophy, and then delivered it so raw and funny. It's almost like he showed people the path to happiness. and it's stuff that we already knew intuitively. but that we've buried with insecurity and fear. so he just pulls it back out...

It's not corny, it's pretty accurate.

Guys with no game should listen

Guys who think they have game should listen

Women who think they're the shyt should listen

Women who think they're not shyt should listen

Patrice spit some life affirming game on a consistent basis

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not corny, it's pretty accurate.

Guys with no game should listen

Guys who think they have game should listen

Women who think they're the shyt should listen

Women who think they're not shyt should listen

Patrice spit some life affirming game on a consistent basis
exactly

and i'm trying to put people on the show too. And it's not even about dikkriding him or anything. but it's almost like i feel privileged. i didn't even agree with 100% of what he said but the philosophy just makes sense.

and i kinda figured out what i don't like about Beige. I understand they're not trying to remake Black Phillip. but i just think Dante wants to keep the peace a little too much. Sometimes the guests will say stuff that you can tell Dante disagrees with but he wants to keep the peace so he does verbal gymnastics in order to agree and disagree with them at the same time. i feel like he doesn't challenge his guests enough especially when you can tell he disagrees. this in turn makes the guest hold their tongue as well when they disagree and it waters down the convo. believe it or not, i actually prefer Harry's style as a host cause eventhough he seems like a square, he will challenge if he disagrees. This show just makes me think of the old show and how 90% of Beige guests would have gotten DESTROYED and how funny and educational it could have been. It's like Dante is missing these opportunities just so that he can keep the peace and keep good relationships with his comic buddies...

and i also hate when they refer to Black Phillip moments but completely deform the points or meanings.

EDIT: this show needs Jayson Cross as a fulltime host. the episode he was on was the best one so far.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't know if this has already been posted but here goes.

Patrice O'Neal on O&A 30: Genesis of Black Phillip

EDIT: It actually feels like an extra episode of Black Phillip.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
exactly

and i'm trying to put people on the show too. And it's not even about dikkriding him or anything. but it's almost like i feel privileged. i didn't even agree with 100% of what he said but the philosophy just makes sense.

and i kinda figured out what i don't like about Beige. I understand they're not trying to remake Black Phillip. but i just think Dante wants to keep the peace a little too much. Sometimes the guests will say stuff that you can tell Dante disagrees with but he wants to keep the peace so he does verbal gymnastics in order to agree and disagree with them at the same time. i feel like he doesn't challenge his guests enough especially when you can tell he disagrees. this in turn makes the guest hold their tongue as well when they disagree and it waters down the convo. believe it or not, i actually prefer Harry's style as a host cause eventhough he seems like a square, he will challenge if he disagrees. This show just makes me think of the old show and how 90% of Beige guests would have gotten DESTROYED and how funny and educational it could have been. It's like Dante is missing these opportunities just so that he can keep the peace and keep good relationships with his comic buddies...

and i also hate when they refer to Black Phillip moments but completely deform the points or meanings.

EDIT: this show needs Jayson Cross as a fulltime host. the episode he was on was the best one so far.
agreed 1000%. but he was like that on black phillip too. that's just him. He was going at Mara's homegirl a LITTLE bit in the latest episode though...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
exactly

sometimes i'd squirm from how hard Patrice went at some of his co-host he disagreed with. the first chick he got to the point of ridiculing her. it was mean-spirited as hell. there was a lot of pain in Patrice and he just let loose on people because of it.

i prefer to see someone disarm an opposing viewpoint with logic like Patrice did but minus all that mean-spirited shyt.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes i'd squirm from how hard Patrice went at some of his co-host he disagreed with. the first chick he got to the point of ridiculing her. it was mean-spirited as hell. there was a lot of pain in Patrice and he just let loose on people because of it.

i prefer to see someone disarm an opposing viewpoint with logic like Patrice did but minus all that mean-spirited shyt.
eh...he had anger issues, i'll give you that. I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking "this dude has mental issues..." but then i thought about it and realized that he was actually right about that argument. And i think a lot of people that would try to debate what he said mostly went at him because of his tone and style. he basically challenged conventional wisdom when it comes to relationship issues. and was very passionate about it. I just don't feel that same passion in the beige show. but like i said the last episodes have been a bit better.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps

they talk about the shockmaster incident from '93 :lolbron:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5oMiqJRVqs"]The Shockmaster Debut - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: