Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
BTW, that clip from his stand-up isn't on the netflix version. Is it on his dvd?

DVD has like 30 minutes more of the performance on it. It was a day 1 cop for me. Some other bonus material too.

That shyt has been in my bedroom dvd player since the day it arrived at my door.

It's only 8.99 on sale, treat yo selves..:stylin:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Patrice-ONeal-Elephant-The-Room/dp/B004GIIHYI]Amazon.com: Patrice O'Neal - Elephant In The Room: Patrice O'Neal, Not Specified: Movies & TV[/ame]

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
listened to the last Beige Phillip. This dude Dante is kinda feminine. the whole show is getting more and more feminine. every week now the show is getting more and more about women venting and saying what they want from men, Dante cosigning and telling his recycled jokes. this week's episode all the two girls did is tell stories about their exes and shame them.

i think that from now on i'll just listen to the episodes that get major props. i won't be listening regularly anymore...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Dope little doc on Patrice the god for those unfamiliar...

Last edited by a moderator:

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
I miss this guy more and more (no homo) the more I listen to his material and interviews, RIP

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I miss this guy more and more (no homo) the more I listen to his material and interviews, RIP

The game needed him.

I hate the term 'real' but Patrice was a real comedian/thinker/n!gga/man.

There are some like him, but they're ignorant versions of him. Corey Holcomb is a version of Patrice with about 15-20% of the forethought into his hypothesis and premises.

He's funny as fukk but his shyt doesn't stand up to any semblance of logic or scrutiny.

Patrice would say something outlandish and could spark a 2-3 hour debate on O&A because there was genuine thought behind it.

R.I.P.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
The game needed him.

I hate the term 'real' but Patrice was a real comedian/thinker/n!gga/man.

There are some like him, but they're ignorant versions of him. Corey Holcomb is a version of Patrice with about 15-20% of the forethought into his hypothesis and premises.

He's funny as fukk but his shyt doesn't stand up to any semblance of logic or scrutiny.

Patrice would say something outlandish and could spark a 2-3 hour debate on O&A because there was genuine thought behind it.

R.I.P.

C/S the point about Corey. I love reading his twitter, but kinda like you said, he's calling out B.S. but there's no real philosophy or logic behind it. and he never gives any real workable solutions remedies to it.

Patrice would always come at situations like; chicks do this, Here's why I think they do it, here are things I think we should do or I do to deal with it, If I'm wrong lets talk about it.

Corey call out trife/simp behavior, clowns people about it and moves on.
I listen to his show, and enjoy the real talk, but almost never take anything away from the 5150 show.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
listened to the last Beige Phillip. This dude Dante is kinda feminine. the whole show is getting more and more feminine. every week now the show is getting more and more about women venting and saying what they want from men, Dante cosigning and telling his recycled jokes. this week's episode all the two girls did is tell stories about their exes and shame them.

i think that from now on i'll just listen to the episodes that get major props. i won't be listening regularly anymore...
Dante can't check them chicks like Patrice could. Patrice having a chick on the show let you see him break down game. Dante has chicks on the show to pander to females.

There's no real value in having the female perspective on a show about game for men because honestly a lot of what goes on in game is subconscious. Most of the time what women say they like and think they like and what they actually respond to is entirely different.

shyt is like asking a deer how to hunt it when you really gotta ask the hunter that catches the deer.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Dante can't check them chicks like Patrice could. Patrice having a chick on the show let you see him break down game. Dante has chicks on the show to pander to females.

There's no real value in having the female perspective on a show about game for men because honestly a lot of what goes on in game is subconscious. Most of the time what women say they like and think they like and what they actually respond to is entirely different.

shyt is like asking a deer how to hunt it when you really gotta ask the hunter that catches the deer.

Considering Patrice was the Bear Hunter ( aggresive, outspoken etc) , Dante was the Deer Hunter and Jerry was the Rabbit hunter, you had different energies/idealogies playing off each other in rather effective way. Dante's cohost Harry seems to be learning from Dante as an Apprentice, but the black phillip show was essentially three masters in their own realm discussing similarities between their styles.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I love 5150 too but like @FocusedDaily said, you get NOTHING from it but a chuckle.

I listen to Beige Philip too, I like it, nowhere near as good as the original but I'm glad somebody who was close to Patreeky is pickin' up where he left off in some way.

I found myself getting into it with a girl I knew over Skype and I was quotin' P subconsciously lol. I hit her with the 'Men think logically, women think emotionally' shyt had her :ehh:

Took me an hour to get her around to my side, then a week later I had the same damn conversation with the same chick, all she did was reload on emotion and start again. I swear all I could think was "Patrice, you fukkin' genius..."

:salute:

Last edited by a moderator:

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvD1ytfLbk[/ame]

one of the few times Patrice got broken down a bit

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQCiLMf1hQ[/ame]
:to: (connects to video in previous post)

first of four parts

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY8RYdt-07k[/ame]