Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
it was a good movie but not sure what the fukk was so groundbreaking about it. its like a solid 8.5/10. last black man in san francisco was better as far as movies for last year. had way more to say and much more depth. also better cinematography and music. the ending to this joint was whatever and the twist was whatever too.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
it was a good movie but not sure what the fukk was so groundbreaking about it. its like a solid 8.5/10. last black man in san francisco was better as far as movies for last year. had way more to say and much more depth. also better cinematography and music. the ending to this joint was whatever and the twist was whatever too.
Imma be real, I disagree with this. Both movies had real deep messages about inequality, class, one on gentrification and clinging to our lies, while the other was class and how apathy may be worse than evil.

Watching both movie, I was way more into Parasite than Last Black Man in San Francisco.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I’ve watched a lot of Korean and Japanese films and I thought it wasn’t more special they what I’ve seen including the Park Chan Wool films with the lead actor. It was solid thought.

Only thing, not sure if it’s been mentioned. But when the dad hide the handle to the door, a few scenes later at the party the son went downstairs to hide the rock. How did the son know where the handle was? Or did he just leave the door open?

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Rented it last night it was good. Id give it a 8.5/10. Id put uncut gems over this one tho as far as movie of the year.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I’ve watched a lot of Korean and Japanese films and I thought it wasn’t more special they what I’ve seen including the Park Chan Wool films with the lead actor. It was solid thought.

Only thing, not sure if it’s been mentioned. But when the dad hide the handle to the door, a few scenes later at the party the son went downstairs to hide the rock. How did the son know where the handle was? Or did he just leave the door open?
The handle was only needed to open the door from the inside.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Have y'all heard of this streaming app 'Tubi' ? It's on PlayStation and some other shyt.

It's free and it's got adds. I watched a 2 hour movie and got 4 30 second adds which isn't too bad :yeshrug:

Crazy thing is they got The Host, Mother, Barking Dogs Never Bite.

Also got The Wailing :ohlawd:
and more Japanese and Korean stuff. Got some Takeshi Kitano and Takashi Miike :dead:

Last edited: