Daps
He's not that stupid. At least I hope he's not :francis:
barrett.png

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why wouldn't it? Despite how trash Saraya is, I think most of them respect her as a "pioneer" and inspiration, and are happy she was able to come back from that injury.

There's no real beef with her and Mercedes, but it would be a huge fumble to not try to run that as a storyline.
britt-baker-dmd.gif

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm very surprised that Britt didn't go over. I thought that was why she made the big announcement and I thought with this being AEW's biggest show ever, they would use it to crown AEW home-grown or biggest stars.

Tony must have had it in his mind that Saraya would win at Wembley come hell or high water, regardless of performance. I'd be worried she'd kill herself in the ring. She is not what she once was from the injury. It shows he really doesn't pay attention to the women at all. If anything, could have just kept the title on Storm and had a 1v1 let her lose it to Britt, don't know what the point was of the 4 way match.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I'm very surprised that Britt didn't go over. I thought that was why she made the big announcement and I thought with this being AEW's biggest show ever, they would use it to crown AEW home-grown or biggest stars.

Tony must have had it in his mind that Saraya would win at Wembley come hell or high water, regardless of performance. I'd be worried she'd kill herself in the ring. She is not what she once was from the injury. It shows he really doesn't pay attention to the women at all. If anything, could have just kept the title on Storm and had a 1v1 let her lose it to Britt, don't know what the point was of the 4 way match.

It feels like the entire thing was leading to Britt getting a 2nd run (Despite her dealing with a bad back) to set up her dropping to Paige, but then the LuFisto bombshell happened/Those old quotes from Britt about the PC came out and put her under fire. So Tony had to change shyt around and give it to Shida instead.

Which feels circuitous as hell, since Paige could've won the title last night without hotshotting the belt to Shida. The only loss would've been Toni not doing the Joan Crawford/Marilyn Monroe "Actress on a downward spiral" character sooner, which... fair.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Wait a minute.. how many singles matches has she had? LMAO

If she barely wrestles she’s keeping that belt well into next year.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
We now have to sit through a Saraya reign until Mercedes is fully healthy and they can run a "You tried to end my career but look at me now" feud.
Oh Gawd I think that’s what we’re leading up to

Shida initially getting that belt was weird, but I’m not surprised Sweet Hole Saraya got it in the UK

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

Wait a minute.. how many singles matches has she had? LMAO

If she barely wrestles she’s keeping that belt well into next year.

She's had like 3 so far. There's no way her stack of dimes neck will be able to hold up wrestling too many singles matches

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Haven't watched the show yet and not sure if I will given all the football that is about to be on my TV screen. But, if I read the finish the way it seems. Why even put the belt on Shida in the first place? Like Paige could have just as easily did all this and took the belt off of Storm and cause the apparent rift in the Outcasts but instead they book a hot shot of the belt?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I wonder how many are really even looking that up at this point

her tapes are really good.

i wasnt even watching WWE when she was active in the ring, and seeing how she barely wrestled in AEW; ive seen more of her tapes than her actual matches.:yeshrug:gft

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Why wouldn't it? Despite how trash Saraya is, I think most of them respect her as a "pioneer" and inspiration, and are happy she was able to come back from that injury.

There's no real beef with her and Mercedes, but it would be a huge fumble to not try to run that as a storyline.

a pioneer of what?

because she wrestled in the WWE 10 years ago and wasnt a diva?

this aint the WWE. womens wrestling was already poppin outside of the WWE. that stuff should not be honored in AEW. it makes them look 2nd-rate.

if AEW is gonna honor women from other companies, it should be the TNA knockouts, but when they get an ex-knockout, they treat them like chit,

desptie packing Wembley stadium, you still come off looking 2nd-rate to the un-trained eye, because of stuff like this.