Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I bet we bring back Demarre and Millsap

but if we lose DMC I wouldnt mind giving Middleton a look. Breh can shoot.

I want to take Bobby Portis at 15 some type of way. I like his rebounding and got a nice touch on his shot.

Bring Willy Taveras over for Elton's spot.

Not sure who we could get to replace John Jenkins but we need a more reliable SG.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah.. but we don't really have to make that decision till next summer. He's still young and gets better every year with a amazing contract. If Dennis blows up tho i do we'll entertain something around all star .
I think the sooner we can make a commitment to either one of them the better. I'd prefer not to go into the season with both of them still here

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having that two headed monster helped make us hard to stop though..starters and bench our PG was on the leagues ASS
True, but those two are the best assets we have to get a significant improvement of the roster.

I think Mack is a solid backup and let's face it, we didn't draft Schroeder in the first roubd to keep him on the bench.

To me, we either go with the proven all-star in his prime, or we gamble on Schro reaching his potential

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Tough game to watch last night...perspective will ease the pain but that shyt was difficult to watch, not gonna lie. As for the season, unbelievable year, wow so many memories and a good run. The ECF was a failure but at least we got there. Now we gotta get to the Finals.

As for the roster:

PG: Teague (1st time All Star, showed some growth but also still showed his maddening inconsistency with his lack of consistent aggression. I don't want to trade him but if we could package him for a superstar level guard then I'd consider it. Y'all gotta remember the type of PG Bud wants, a probing, quick floor general. I've seen suggestions like Brandon Jennings...c'mon y'all that's not the type of PG Bud wants)
SG: Korver (obviously wore down down the stretch...was not even close to the same player post ASG and it showed. His play tailed off the same time the team did. I'd be in favor of bringing him off the bench if we got a clear upgrade at the SG position).
SF: DMC (Bring him back at all costs, as long as it ain't too ridiculous. Dude is all heart and his offensive game is starting to show up. Was our best player in the postseason with turf toe and a bad knee. Gotta bring him back)
PF: Millsap (hurt before the playoffs & then mediocre during the playoffs. He cost himself some money with his lackluster play, but obviously is a must resign. 2 time AS, very versatile, crafty, he's a big part of what we do)
C: Horford (el jefe, the captain. He's locked in, coming off an AS season. Had some big moments in the playoffs, but his lack of post play hurt vs. CLE. I don't think you move Horford to PF because that eliminates the mismatch he has with his quickness at the C position. Y'all gotta remember, Al is a AS at C. Is he an All Star at PF? IDK. I prefer him at the C TBH

Bench: Schroeder will continue to improve. If he can get a consistent shot, h could push Teague to start
Bazemore: gotta get bigger, gotta improve his handle and his shot. Played well when called upon, versatile defender
Mack: May not be enough room for him here, but he's a pro's pro at the backup spot. Played well when we needed him as well
Scott: gotta establish touch around the rim. I'm a fan of his game, but he's too reliant on his outside shot. Needs to work on his rebounding and inside game in the summer
Moose: played his ass off down the stretch, had some moments in the playoffs, he's earned a right to be the first big off the bench moving forward
John Jenkins: :manny: see ya breh
Antics: :camby: fukk outta here
Brand: enjoy retirement :salute:
Daye: enjoy unemployment :salute:

Bud: GOAT Hawks coaching season, COY plus arguably executive of the year. Not much he did that didn't work except him resting our guys for the second half of the season. This was a .500 team in the playoffs & .500 down the stretch, that decision backfired IMO

Outlook: if we can resign Carroll & Millsap and focus on depth on the wings and get bigger, I could see 55-60 wins again. Focus has to be on half court execution and rebounding, but everything else is in place. New logo & new owners on the way too :obama:

:salute: to the #Set, hellavu year brehs

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
PG = Teague / Young Schro / Mack
SG = Korver / Baze
SF = DMC / Thabo
PF = Trillsap / Scott
C = Bawse / Moose

I hear a lot on radio of letting Millsap go....he to me, was our most consistent best player in regular season. He was probably hurt still from shoulder injury in playoffs. Can't keep shuffling players in my opinion. Need that chemistry. Its only year two. We do need a true big man for the legit centers of the league tho.

I think Baze will breakout next year.

We must break bread together next season as a #Set at the factory.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
#Squad

:wow:

11348382_1616604585290486_134477279_n.jpg

11296763_877378639024257_374882554_n.jpg

:takedat:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Ahhh, brethren.

@charmander @steezy @Stone @rickdogg @Sly Cookin @FreshAIG @AVXL @I Got Werk @FreshFromATL @ATLien @Atlrocafella @O.iatlhawksfan @The_Sheff @The ADD

@Rekkapryde @Dominique Wilkins

It’s alotta you cats who have suffered and bled for this squad for a number of years, which also entitles you to a degree of trash talkin’ now that the team has ascended. That’s just natural and I completely respect that….since I ain’t live here during that time and therefore wasn’t a fan of the team, I always felt like it’s wasn’t appropriate for me to talk shyt on their behalf…..at least, not this past season, and I say that as someone who likely went to more games than just about anybody except maybe the homie @Rickdogg44 .

But I live here now and have fully supported these dudes all season and plan to continue to embrace these cats on The Coli. But the whole “pop shyt to another fan base?” shyt? I can’t get with that (unless, of course, it’s the Dallas Cowboys). Somebody was like, “why you don’t be in the game threads, then?” LOL, why? And to prove what to WHOM, exactly? I’d rather be AT the game, nikka. Especially as compared to sitting online with a bunch of cats who already hate the Hawks ANYWAY. :stopitslime: :camby: : Dawg I get enough of that bullshyt on here being an Eagles fan…

Anyway, it’s amazing how this team galvanized this city. I been back in Philly for the last three weeks and as much as I love home, the sports fans there are TERRIBLE. Seriously. Fans in Atlanta may be indifferent, but at least they’re not insufferable. And this team has given them something to cheer for now. I could never, ever be a Falcons or Braves fan (Eagles and Phillies for life on mines), but the Hawks ARE my NBA team. I grew up following the Knicks more than the Sixers, never really been a Sixers fan like that and wasn’t really a fan of any NBA team per se, but kind of “rooted” for the Knicks. This is the first time I’ve actually ever rooted for the NBA team where I LIVE, yunno?

Anyway, all we need is another scorer, someone who can come in and fit Coach Bud’s system and yet still thrive with getting their own shot (because those opportunities abound in this system). Hawks pick 15th in the draft but I don’t think that’s the true answer. They need to actively recruit one of these top free agents to come in. Easier said than done, I know. But there needs to be a Plan B like that in place in the event Demarre dips out (I don’t really see him leaving, but with this new ownership I don’t know what they’re thinking. You would THINK they’d give heavy consideration to the fact that he was arguably our best player in the playoffs, which is a great sign regarding his upside/growth as a player).

I’m happy for the city that we have a basketball future now, and that I was able to be a part of history being made this season….but now the REAL expectations begin. Cause this fanbase SHOULD expect these cats to compete like this from NOW ON. :salute:

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps

See, things like this go a long way towards helping to build this squad.

They got swept because the moment was too big for them. I said this before in this very game thread, during the Nets series, I think: either they're going to step up to that next level or not. This year, they weren't ready. But with the sweep, does that make them HUNGRIER next year? And do they learn from that COLLECTIVELY? You would hope so...

But yeah, them all chillin' together like this is a great for team chemistry and the whole "us against the world" sensibility, especially after being swept.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
offer whatever for jimmy butler. Resign demarre. Korver and thabo off the bench

Try to sign monroe, if we cant then resign millsap. Bring edy over.

Draft oubre or rj hunter.

Get rid of scott and antic. Promote muscala to backup pf.

Good offseason:ehh:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ahhh, brethren.

@charmander @steezy @Stone @rickdogg @Sly Cookin @FreshAIG @AVXL @I Got Werk @FreshFromATL @ATLien @Atlrocafella @O.iatlhawksfan @The_Sheff @The ADD

@Rekkapryde

It’s alotta you cats who have suffered and bled for this squad for a number of years, which also entitles you to a degree of trash talkin’ now that the team has ascended. That’s just natural and I completely respect that….since I ain’t live here during that time and therefore wasn’t a fan of the team, I always felt like it’s wasn’t appropriate for me to talk shyt on their behalf…..at least, not this past season, and I say that as someone who likely went to more games than just about anybody except maybe the homie @Rickdogg44 .

But I live here now and have fully supported these dudes all season and plan to continue to embrace these cats on The Coli. But the whole “pop shyt to another fan base?” shyt? I can’t get with that (unless, of course, it’s the Dallas Cowboys). Somebody was like, “why you don’t be in the game threads, then?” LOL, why? And to prove what to WHOM, exactly? I’d rather be AT the game, nikka. Especially as compared to sitting online with a bunch of cats who already hate the Hawks ANYWAY. :stopitslime: :camby: : Dawg I get enough of that bullshyt on here being an Eagles fan…

Anyway, it’s amazing how this team galvanized this city. I been back in Philly for the last three weeks and as much as I love home, the sports fans there are TERRIBLE. Seriously. Fans in Atlanta may be indifferent, but at least they’re not insufferable. And this team has given them something to cheer for now. I could never, ever be a Falcons or Braves fan (Eagles and Phillies for life on mines), but the Hawks ARE my NBA team. I grew up following the Knicks more than the Sixers, never really been a Sixers fan like that and wasn’t really a fan of any NBA team per se, but kind of “rooted” for the Knicks. This is the first time I’ve actually ever rooted for the NBA team where I LIVE, yunno?

Anyway, all we need is another scorer, someone who can come in and fit Coach Bud’s system and yet still thrive with getting their own shot (because those opportunities abound in this system). Hawks pick 15th in the draft but I don’t think that’s the true answer. They need to actively recruit one of these top free agents to come in. Easier said than done, I know. But there needs to be a Plan B like that in place in the event Demarre dips out (I don’t really see him leaving, but with this new ownership I don’t know what they’re thinking. You would THINK they’d give heavy consideration to the fact that he was arguably our best player in the playoffs, which is a great sign regarding his upside/growth as a player).

I’m happy for the city that we have a basketball future now, and that I was able to be a part of history being made this season….but now the REAL expectations begin. Cause this fanbase SHOULD expect these cats to compete like this from NOW ON. :salute:
:salute:

I don't talk trash on or off-line because it's not worth my energy.

People can do what they want it's just not my thing. I see why some of the set does it relative to here however.