Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
1278111082202066470.png

http://www.hawksshop.com/hawks-players/new-primary-logo-merch.html

The Atlanta Hawks unveiled their new primary and secondary logos Monday, and with it came the beginning of a new identity: The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club.

The primary logo features the team's evolved "Pac-Man" unveiled to much fanfare during the 2014 Playoffs, with the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club wordmark encircled around it.

primary.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club moniker expands on the idea that we are more than just a team of 15 players. Our Basketball Club recognizes the contributions of the entire staff to our success. It respects and honors past players and coaches and their significance. Ultimately, the new Basketball Club designation reflects our commitment to building an emotional connection with our fans and maintaining an inclusive environment that welcomes all people. In the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, “everyone matters” and all are welcome.

The Hawks also unveiled a completely new secondary logo that pays tribute to the history of the city of Atlanta. The wings of a Hawk lift a basketball engulfed in flames, symbolizing how the city of Atlanta rose from the ashes to become one of the nation’s leading international cities.

Stay tuned, as the Hawks also announced Monday that new uniforms, the most modern and cutting-edge in the NBA, will be unveiled before the 2015 NBA Draft.

secondary.jpg

puddinpops.gif

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Im coppin a new jersey. That secondary wont be on it im sure, maybe the shorts. But that primary logo gon look beautiful. I hope it still says atlanta or hawks on the chest tho, not just a big circle in the middle.

The AHBC logo on a t-shirt, too...I'mma need me one of them jawns immediately.

So yeah, unless I’m missing something this offseason is lookin’ pretty promising:

TEAM PAYROLL TOTALS
2015-2016 – $43.6M

Dawgs, the cap for next year is projected to be $67.1M (and projected to be $89M in 2016-2017!!)

That leaves us $23.5M under the cap, PLUS we got another $3.5M coming off the books now that Brand’s and Antic’s contracts are both up (I think we also got a team option on Jenkins for, like, $2.2M or something). So we talkin’ roughly $27M to work with for 2015-2016, with a cap that’s projected to go up yearly for the next 2-3 seasons, at least.

What’s Demarre gonna demand, about 5 yrs, $25M at $5M per? What’s the value on him?

Paul’s gonna want what, similar deal to Horford? To where he’s gettin’ about $12M per?

I hear Gasol loves Memphis, but his passing and spacing in THIS system and ability to help hit the boards would be CRAZY. Not sure how well Monroe would fit into this system, but it shouldn’t be that difficult. Plus, he's mad affordable. Jimmie Butler is going back to the Bulls. I’d love to have him here, but they’re going to throw the max at son, if they have to. Besides, I still like a healthy Carroll AND Thabo.

So really, the key is (1) how smart the new owernship group is with respect to managing the money, and (b) how AGGRESSIVE they are with respect to FAs. I fully expect them to keep this team together as much as possible, and take care of both Demarre and Milsap. But it looks like the Hawks really are just a piece or two away from TRULY being the Spurs East
:win:

Last edited:

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The AHBC logo on a t-shirt, too...I'mma need me one of them jawns immediately.

So yeah, unless I’m missing something this offseason is lookin’ pretty promising:

TEAM PAYROLL TOTALS
2015-2016 – $43.6M

Dawgs, the cap for next year is projected to be $67.1M (and projected to be $89M in 2016-2017!!)

That leaves us $23.5M under the cap, PLUS we got another $3.5M coming off the books now that Brand’s and Antic’s contracts are both up (I think we also got a team option on Jenkins for, like, $2.2M or something). So we talkin’ roughly $27M to work with for 2015-2016, with a cap that’s projected to go up yearly for the next 2-3 seasons, at least.

What’s Demarre gonna demand, about 5 yrs, $25M at $5M per? What’s the value on him?

Paul’s gonna want what, similar deal to Horford? To where he’s gettin’ about $12M per?

I hear Gasol loves Memphis, but his passing and spacing in THIS system and ability to help hit the boards would be CRAZY. Not sure how well Monroe would fit into this system, but it shouldn’t be that difficult. Plus, he's mad affordable. Jimmie Butler is going back to the Bulls. I’d love to have him here, but they’re going to throw the max at son, if they have to. Besides, I still like a healthy Carroll AND Thabo.

So really, the key is (1) how smart the new owernship group is with respect to managing the money, and (b) how AGGRESSIVE they are with respect to FAs. I fully expect them to keep this team together as much as possible, and take care of both Demarre and Milsap. But it looks like the Hawks really are just a piece or two away from TRULY being the Spurs East
:win:
Don't forget the 15th pick. We should take a young prospect and let them develop behind the core they're trying to keep together.

As long as schroder, musicala, Tavares, and the 15th pick develop behind our starters we'll always get bettee. We need a rim protector and rebounder in the worst way. It would be crazy to get Gasol, but DeAndre Jordan should be on our wish list too. also we need someone who can create they're own shot. Alan Anderson would be a good signing.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Everybody's on the Demarre train but to me bringing back Sap or a capable replacement(Gasol, Aldridge, Monroe) is way more important imo

I think it depends which way you see the franchise going...do we go in the direction of a versatile defender who is emerging as a top 10 level 2 way SF or bring Sap back for a long term deal that will take him past 35. If I had to weigh the value of either I'd probably go DMC over Sap, maybe get Monroe and move Al to the 4. I think we just have to get bigger, the CLE series proved it. That's the best team in the East and for 3 game they were bigger and better than us in the post. You gotta have a DMC to contend with Bron, Jimmy Butler, George Paul, Melo, D Wade, etc. IDK it'll be interesting to see which way we go

#AHBC #Set shyt

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Don't know if anyone is going to go but Hawks rally tomorrow downtown in city hall

Mayor Kasim Reed will host an appreciation rally in recognition of the Atlanta Hawks’ record-breaking and historic 2014-2015 season on Wednesday, June 3rd.

Hawks CEO
icon1.png
Steve Koonin, Coach Mike “Bud” Budenholzer, Hawks players, city officials, and fans will join the Mayor to celebrate a season in which the Hawks achieved a 60-22 regular season record, won the Southeast Division championship, and advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history.

The rally will take place at Atlanta City Hall in the Atrium located at 55 Trinity Ave SW.

The event is open to the public!

We will be there and will post photos from the event, video from the event and a live Periscope at the event.

Festivities begin sharply at 11:00 a.m and will conclude at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3rd!

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Even though it won't happen, ATL should offer 2 years/30 mil to Wade.
Then if you can't resign Carroll using Bird rights, maybe reach for Justin Anderson at 15.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think it depends which way you see the franchise going...do we go in the direction of a versatile defender who is emerging as a top 10 level 2 way SF or bring Sap back for a long term deal that will take him past 35. If I had to weigh the value of either I'd probably go DMC over Sap, maybe get Monroe and move Al to the 4. I think we just have to get bigger, the CLE series proved it. That's the best team in the East and for 3 game they were bigger and better than us in the post. You gotta have a DMC to contend with Bron, Jimmy Butler, George Paul, Melo, D Wade, etc. IDK it'll be interesting to see which way we go

#AHBC #Set shyt
I don't think we have to give either player a long term deal. We can talk them into a short term deal where they'll be back in the market with the cap being higher

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

#AHBC #Set shyt
I want DMC and Trillsap :to:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Don't know if anyone is going to go but Hawks rally tomorrow downtown in city hall

Man, WHYYYY I just found out about this from the damn FedEx dude in the elevator?!?:

Him: "They doin' it big over at City Hall for the Hawks right now...."

Me: "What? Now?"

Him: "Yeah, just came from over that way. All the players are there, a couple celebs...and they got free food...."

Me: :stopitslime: :stopitslime: :stopitslime:

HOW YOU GON' HAVE a damn rally when most people are at WORK? And then give only 24 hours notice? And THEN the damn rally was only from 11am - 12:30pm!!

Yeah, way to go, Kasim
Stephen-A-Smith-Thumbs-Up.gif