Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ring regulars. With everyone from legendary boxers, to writers, to casuals, to the hardcores and youtubers still crying about floyd saying he's better than ali and using the fact that ali was a heavyweight be one of the points as to why floyd would never beat him (obvs) in a real fight. can i ask you brehs one question? What's the point of p4p rankings? And whats the point in not just having every great heavyweight fill out the top 10 ever?

I've seen mad (usually intelligent) people abandon logic and scream "ali was a heavyweight, he'd kill that midget" and then be talking about srr is the goat. How does this particular argument against floyd work? :dahell:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I always thought the argument against floyd was obvious. All the great athletes became NBA or NFL guys, so Floyd's just been beating up half brain dead alcoholics for his entire adult life, meanwhile Ali had to fight guys who weren't fukking around

Once Roberto Duran started yelling "No mas," then Tyson came through fukking up guys with his cocaine-uppercut, people just lost respect for boxing.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
People are trolling with the Ali beats Floyd because of size. That's common sense. The reason why any of this is even talked about is because its on a pound 4 pound basis on who's the best ever. Which seems to be a Sugar Ray Robinson or Ali. That's on competition and a career of greatness. You can think like that or you can just act like Rocky Maricano is the greatest of all time and end it there. LOL.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ring regulars. With everyone from legendary boxers, to writers, to casuals, to the hardcores and youtubers still crying about floyd saying he's better than ali and using the fact that ali was a heavyweight be one of the points as to why floyd would never beat him (obvs) in a real fight. can i ask you brehs one question? What's the point of p4p rankings? And whats the point in not just having every great heavyweight fill out the top 10 ever?

I've seen mad (usually intelligent) people abandon logic and scream "ali was a heavyweight, he'd kill that midget" and then be talking about srr is the goat. How does this particular argument against floyd work? :dahell:

I've never seen anybody seriously argue that Ali is greater than Floyd because he's naturally bigger and would win in a head to head fight. People argue their resumes.

It's a given that most (pretty much every great heavy) would beat any great fighter beneath their weight division. A guy like Frazier would bulldoze Floyd and Manny back to back for example, but overall his resume ain't better than theirs even though he has the single best victory out of all of them.

P4P was mostly used to give props to fighters below the heavyweight class.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You drive a point but there's one point that I have always used: it's SELECTIVE...if only lamont peterson got this type of support when he fought swift or when gary russell fought jhonny...that's why I can't take any race talks regarding floyd or manny seriously...even less for individuals who spout that off and can't even name 10 active black fighters today and talk about them in any detail.

Exactly!

Like I said, I should up the Adrien Broner vs Marcos Maidana threads and quote everyone of these "New Black Panthers" to show how hypocritical all this pro-black shyt is being that it only stands in regards to Floyd Mayweather.

Where were they last week when undefeated Bryant Jennings was fighting Wladimir Klitschko?:birdman:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never seen anybody seriously argue that Ali is greater than Floyd because he's naturally bigger and would win in a head to head fight. People argue their resumes.

It's a given that most (pretty much every great heavy) would beat any great fighter beneath their weight division. A guy like Frazier would bulldoze Floyd and Manny back to back for example, but overall his resume ain't better than theirs even though he has the single best victory out of all of them.

P4P was mostly used to give props to fighters below the heavyweight class.
I know that...i mean im sure everyone knows the p4p ranking system was created to give props to srr....but maybe im just watching too many videos and reading too much media cos respected ytbc like blood boxing/10 players have made these arguments among others, when they usually make extremely good and informative videos

Its just imo a sh1tty argument thats started to gain traction...there was even a pic posted in this thread a few pages back that showed the size difference between floyd and ali with the caption "this is absurd". Someone should school people on boxers like barbados joe walcott btw :sas1: