Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Woke up mad hype today!

vnB0k9.gif

There are gonna be alot of happy folks and alot of tears tonight.

Cant Wait.
Is that the rock pop locking :russ:

I might go out and get an outfit for this fight

:mjcry:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Santa Cruz fighting an auto insurance selling construction worker?!?!?! :mjlol::mjlol:
I damn near laughed a whole 5 minutes when Lampley said that shyt

I am happy that the dude is getting a break but if he is selling insurance and working in construction....not sure when he has time to train. :francis:

the question is not why Santa Cruz is fighting him, but why do we get these crap undercards and fights approved? :why:

I am not saying break the bank, but for a fight of such magnitude, they couldve given us some better shyt than this.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm not a casual boxing fan by any means but I do think this question is worth talking about.

People say this has nothing to do with boxing but boxing and competition brings out the tribal side in all of us. Boxing's business model is damn near just pitting Blacks/Latinos/Mexicans against each other. That's basically been Mayweather's plan since he left Arum.....minus the Mosley fight.. To be honest I hate that a fight between black fighter and Filipino fighter became an extension of black/white racial divide. You can see it the way it's been covered in the media with Manny being portrayed as the man with God on his side as if Mayweather is the devil.

In some ways I think the hate for Floyd in the black community demonstrates the lack of unity we have as a community. It might sound ridiculous as most people pick and choose what athletes they like based on how they perform their craft (pacquiao is the much more exciting fighter who goes for the knockout as opposed to the defensive minded mayweather) it does speak volume to the lack of unity black people have considering the pride almost ALL ASIANS (not just filipinos) have for Manny Pacquiao. I've encountered numerous Asians this week (tonight at the poker table, a girl at the gym yesterdat) regardless of whether they liked Floyd as a boxer or not, they wanted to root for someone who resembled themselves. They saw Manny Pacquaio as an extension of themselves and they weren't even fillipino, just asian.

Floyd Mayweather isn't the most likable individual so I never really sat down and thought about it until this fight but you can see the stark contrast into how other groups of people take pride in their own and black people don't. Floyd's a guy who came from a fukked up situation, pops was in jail, got to represent the US in the Olympics, became a millionaire working hard and practicing his craft and people from our own community want to see him lose to Fillipino? It is somewhat absurd when you take yourself out of the mindset of liking athletes based on how they perform their craft. We've seen whites go to great lengths to defend and financially support murderers via gofundme. Look at how Manziel was looked at by white people coming out of College in comparison to your average black quarterback. Manziel was essentially your stereotypical black QB in white skin and reaped the benefits (until last year) Could you imagine if there was a white fighter with the accomplishments of Floyd Mayweather who has the chance of possibly going 49-0 at the end of September, the support would be overwhelming......Yeah Floyd has a lot of black fans but he doesn't have EVERYONE of us despite him representing us. Some nikkas still want to see him get his ass kicked because he's a pompous, materialistic nikka who's too successful.
You drive a point but there's one point that I have always used: it's SELECTIVE...if only lamont peterson got this type of support when he fought swift or when gary russell fought jhonny...that's why I can't take any race talks regarding floyd or manny seriously...even less for individuals who spout that off and can't even name 10 active black fighters today and talk about them in any detail.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
What do yall think of American Indians that want Pacquiao to win? :lupe:

:francis:

i just want to see someone get their cheddar box rocked. none if that running around shyt like the last 5 mayweather fights.

i think pacquiao would get the ko or tko, but if it went the full 12 then mayweather gets the decision.

but if mayweather gets the knockout...
LakersReaction.gif

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
You drive a point but there's one point that I have always used: it's SELECTIVE...if only lamont peterson got this type of support when he fought swift or when gary russell fought jhonny...that's why I can't take any race talks regarding floyd or manny seriously...even less for individuals who spout that off and can't even name 10 active black fighters today and talk about them in any detail.

Solid point......yeah Manny vs Floyd is way past any discussion. I'll honestly be happy when the fight is over and we can move on to something else.

Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia, I simply can't speak on. I'm from Philly and Swift's my guy.

I was randomly in Vegas for a homie's bachelor party and I saw Amir Khan was fighting Danny Garcia....Always loved Amir Khan's style, always been a big fan (I love speed in all sports), my OG told me Danny Garcia was from Philly so I randomly bought a ticket to the fight at the Mandalay Bay. I remember him being a 4 to 1 underdog.....but just off the strength I went and supported, I've been a fan ever since. Still the best fight I've ever been to. I've even had the honor of DJing his birthday party and partied with him on a few occasions. Philly as a whole has always been behind Swift since.

Swift vs Peterson was like Philly vs DC to me.

Last edited:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
50's a joke..

Aint he the reason why you can't go anywhere without seeing a 'floyd can't read' joke?

Wasn't he the one claiming that mayweather was ducking pacquiao.. And that manny would beat floyd?

But then he shows up on the eve of the biggest fight in boxing history

He's a leech and a bully.. And its no surprise that artists and the hip hop game in general don't fukk with him
Cut it out,he explained why they were beefing and his explanation makes perfect sense.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
50's a joke..

Aint he the reason why you can't go anywhere without seeing a 'floyd can't read' joke?

Wasn't he the one claiming that mayweather was ducking pacquiao.. And that manny would beat floyd?

But then he shows up on the eve of the biggest fight in boxing history

He's a leech and a bully.. And its no surprise that artists and the hip hop game in general don't fukk with him

i watched first take and 50 said the reason there was beef was he invested 2 million in a venture with floyd, and after the fact floyd blew it off/ so seems like a money dispute first and foremost.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:

i just want to see someone get their cheddar box rocked. none if that running around shyt like the last 5 mayweather fights.

i think pacquiao would get the ko or tko, but if it went the full 12 then mayweather gets the decision.

but if mayweather gets the knockout...
LakersReaction.gif
Show me gifs of mayweather running around for the last 5 fights...:dahell:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
i watched first take and 50 said the reason there was beef was he invested 2 million in a venture with floyd, and after the fact floyd blew it off/ so seems like a money dispute first and foremost.
He wanted floyd to leave haymon and make their own promotion together

Floyd imo made the right decision