Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Ring regulars. With everyone from legendary boxers, to writers, to casuals, to the hardcores and youtubers still crying about floyd saying he's better than ali and using the fact that ali was a heavyweight be one of the points as to why floyd would never beat him (obvs) in a real fight. can i ask you brehs one question? What's the point of p4p rankings? And whats the point in not just having every great heavyweight fill out the top 10 ever?

I've seen mad (usually intelligent) people abandon logic and scream "ali was a heavyweight, he'd kill that midget" and then be talking about srr is the goat. How does this particular argument against floyd work? :dahell:

That's a haters argument:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I know that...i mean im sure everyone knows the p4p ranking system was created to give props to srr....but maybe im just watching too many videos and reading too much media cos ytbc like blood boxing/10 players have made these arguments among others, when they usually make extremely good and informative videos

Its just imo a sh1tty argument thats started to gain traction...there was even a pic posted in this thread a few pages back that showed the size difference between floyd and ali with the caption "this is absurd". Someone should school people on boxers like barbados joe walcott btw :sas1:

Yeah it is a shytty argument. Ali is greater than Floyd because he fought and beat better fighters, not because he's a heavyweight and would win in a head to head match up. That's like the most stupid shyt ever. :mjlol:

Tommy Morrision would kick Floyd's ass too, but no one ever suggests he's a better fighter than Floyd just because of that one lone reason.

As for YTBC, they can be hit or miss. Some of those dudes are real big stans/haters of Floyd and Manny and will say all types of crazy shyt to justify their stance.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I always thought the argument against floyd was obvious. All the great athletes became NBA or NFL guys, so Floyd's just been beating up half brain dead alcoholics for his entire adult life, meanwhile Ali had to fight guys who weren't fukking around

Once Roberto Duran started yelling "No mas," then Tyson came through fukking up guys with his cocaine-uppercut, people just lost respect for boxing.

Negged for low quality posting:birdman:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
What do you think of black men that don't marry black women, yet claim to be pro black :stopitslime:
2ajbe5x.gif

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a haters argument:manny:
See thats what i was thinking, cos its common sense...but because so many respected heads were saying it i was starting to think i was missing something :patrice: and was letting my fandom get in the way of a potential truth.

Guess not, and niccas are just in they feelings :manny:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
People are trolling with the Ali beats Floyd because of size. That's common sense. The reason why any of this is even talked about is because its on a pound 4 pound basis on who's the best ever. Which seems to be a Sugar Ray Robinson or Ali. That's on competition and a career of greatness. You can think like that or you can just act like Rocky Maricano is the greatest of all time and end it there. LOL.

I think there's a difference between greatest and best though. I've always said that. On a talent scale PBF is up there with the best. I'd take his skilset over most other skillsets throughout history, just not his accomplishments.

Do I want a skillset that includes hands as fast as SRL and a defense that's arguably as great as there's ever been? Fast feet, great footwork, a sharp pullback counter, elite IQ and ring generalship, a skillset that minimizes the punishment I take so that I can extend my career and maximize my earning potential? Hell yeah.

But would I want Durans accomplishments instead of Floyds? Hell yeah.

Greatest And Best are not always the same.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
People are trolling with the Ali beats Floyd because of size. That's common sense. The reason why any of this is even talked about is because its on a pound 4 pound basis on who's the best ever. Which seems to be a Sugar Ray Robinson or Ali. That's on competition and a career of greatness. You can think like that or you can just act like Rocky Maricano is the greatest of all time and end it there. LOL.

It's just Sugar Ray Robinson as the GOAT. Ali isn't:manny:

Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard are 2nd and 3rd best though imo.

Those are the 3 Kings.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I rewtached the maidana fights and the body punches affected maidana the most it seemed, that first fight was really close.

I want to see how Manny reacts to the body punches, that jab to the body.
I had Maidana winning the first five rounds and nothing else.