Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I've been one of the loudest here and I truly believe that for patches of this fight, we will see PBF. The right lead is there all night, I'm not concerned with that, if I see the leaping left hook, then my night would have been made. THAT is a PBF punch.

breh i be so happy if i see that shyt happen :noah:
manny gonna be like :dahell: these shots coming from that power that combo :whew:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
its amazing how every floyd fight nikkas like "oh man i dont know about this one."

THEN HE WINS THE SAME BORING WAY. Every fukking time :laff:

My wife said something to this effect today. Why is everybody on my facebook talking about this fight, he always wins. Just bring me home some food. lol.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
My wife said something to this effect today. Why is everybody on my facebook talking about this fight, he always wins. Just bring me home some food. lol.
All the manny fans drank the koolaid and are just putting their bid in in case the upset happens they can all circle jerk each other simultaneously.

SEE SEE I TOOOOoooooooooooooold YOUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. People just wanna be right about something.

TO bad they're wrong

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is my Super Bowl brehs, that's why I'm so hyped up about this. If you follow the football threads, every week, I'm rooting for my Lions. That being said, I'm a fan of once in a generation greatness. That's why, even a divisional rival, Aaron Rodgers is one of the most ridiculous athletes I've ever seen. Very few athletes that I've come to fall in love with their prowess in sports. Floyd just happens to be my favorite athlete ever. Barry Sanders is 1A. I didn't just start rooting for him at The Coli or at SOHH, this shyt is documented online since at least 2007, when I signed up at eastside boxing, then I found out about boxing scene at 2009. I've been a boxing fan from way back. Back to what I was said and I truly believe this, I look at Floyd and LeBron in the same way. It's just that with basketball, you'll get more notoriety and publicity. Very early on, the mark of the chosen one was bestowed on them. Emmanuel Steward is quoted as saying this about Floyd before his 9th fight, the fight against Jesus Chavez. "saying there have been very few who have been more talented than this kid. He will probably win two or three world championships; I think he will go on to be the best ever" I think he is still the youngest Ring fighter of the year, along with Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali. Pernell Whitaker said this about Floyd when he was 17 and they sparred, as retold by Ronnie Shields. "Pernell is a guy who doesn't give out a lot of compliments. He didn't want to say anything about another fighter, because he didn't like the idea of anyone upstaging him. But I remember him saying to me, 'Man, this kid is good right now.' He said to Floyd, 'You stay with this and you remain dedicated, ain't nobody going to touch you" There are great fighters and basketball players and then there are prodigious fighters and basketball players, Floyd is the latter as is LeBron. The beauty behind it all is that they know it and they do not abuse their gifts. That is probably the most sobering thing about the both of them. It's not like I like to call someone's boxing acumen and level of understanding into question, but I'm always reminded of this quote from George Foreman. "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it" That's not to say that it is wrong to find Floyd boring, everyone is definitely entitled to their position. That said, everyone comes into the ring hoping to do something everyone else fails at and his brilliance makes every fight basically play out the same way. To have a script to your fights, to play out the same exact way almost, that is talent. At that point in time, you've broken their will and they are just content to collect a paycheck. Think about this, everyone is crediting Les Moonves, rightfully so, for getting this fight done. He is also the guy that signed off on giving Floyd that six fight deal. He describes himself as a boxing fan and to think that a, to the public's understanding, an undersized, defensive fighter with ehhh punching power is the the sports #1 draw and is the world's richest athlete three years running. All of that can mean many things, but above all, it means the boy is really skilled at what he does. I think some people lose sight of how good Floyd really is, because it's been a while since he's had to show it. That's not to say that he doesn't have his Kyptonite. A bigger man with a jab plus an off night on Floyd's part would be his doom. Juan Manuel Marquez readily accepts that his loss to Floyd is the only one that he won't contest on his record. To my point, this is my Super Bowl. I'll never likely see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime, forget about winning one but I'm as confident as one could be that I'm going to see my favorite athlete ever win his. LOL. What was to be a quick response turned into a confession.

That being said, that's why I'm hyped about this, greatness continues to march on towards immortality. I'm a fan of greatness, I'll see that in the form of 48-0.

Just a repost about my feelings for today's fight........today's fight *goosebumps* It's here brehs, it's here:mjcry::wow:.

Daps
Floyd has been quieter overall but he is always quieter and zoned out nearer the fight! That's when he stops with the bullshyt and focuses...most of the time! This is a big fight he has tunnel vision right now

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-weigh-in-04-photo-by-naoki-fukuda.jpg

I know Manny is being Manny, but I can't help but think he's more excited about the paycheck than the actual fight.

brick james

John piffington
Daps
I legit was coming into this fight as a fan of the sweet science brehs. Probably was leaning towards a manny victory but the outtright hate and cism this week has got to me. I want Floyd to kill that lil filipino :damn:

both are grade A scumbags, I just hope for a good ass fight :blessed: