Pac dropped 2 albums in less than 12 months

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
so he only recorded those for mixtapes and they were never intended to be released on his retail stuff?

Nah they were gon get released, but as mixtapes as oppose to albums. That's why there's a whole Makaveli series, 7DT was suppose to be the first Makaveli tape.

Double J

Banned
Daps
Nah they were gon get released, but as mixtapes as oppose to albums. That's why there's a whole Makaveli series, 7DT was suppose to be the first Makaveli tape.

Nah Pac said he wanted to release the Makaveli album as a mixtape with no promotion or videos but it was never intended to be the first in a series of mixtapes. Just a single mixtape to show the hip hop community that he could still come with that rugged and raw shyt.

That whole series of Makaveli mixtapes was never planned by Pac or Death Row. It was just a bunch of unrelased songs that were stolen and thrown together on mixtapes by bootleggers.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
That shyt is cray, I think DMX may have done the same also tho.

He also filmed two major motion pictures and recorded The Outlawz "Before I rise" album within the same time span :ooh:

Not to mention the hundreds of unreleased tracks that have been released from that time period ( and some still haven't seen the light of day yet)

Recorded two videos for an album that wasn't even out yet (2 live and die in LA and Toss it Up) and was still releasing videos from his previous album ("I ain't mad at cha" dropped only a few days after he died....WHY THE HELL WOULD U DROP A NEW VIDEO FOR UR OLD ALBUM WHEN U HAVE A NEW ONE COMING OUT THO? THAT NEVER MADE SENSE TO ME....just saying)

Lets not forget Me Against the World dropped in 1995 when the nikka was locked up for much of that year.

You can't really blame Pac for being upset with Dre if he's putting in all that work and Dre is dropping an album every 10 years
:what:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :pachaha:

Pac had the greatest work ethic ever.

More importantly/scarier was that he was making all the music probably because he knew his time was up.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Riddle me this.

When exactly did Pac shoot "To Live And Die In LA" and "Toss it Up" videos? If he recorded Makaveli in one week, and went to the fateful Vegas trip the following week?

And, how come "It's All About You" video came out years after All Eyes On Me?

YBE

Banned
Daps
i guess you or the other poster cant understand my logic

they dont have opportunities to do albums like that anymore...so they release free albums...i.e. rich forever...going into god forgives, i dont...

rich forever could have been sold in stores but labels aint doin that anymore...its considered a classic mixtape..it woulda been considered a classic album...as will gfid when it releases :stylin:

my point is that shyt is overated, b...these nikkas record 40 songs in like 2 weeks, its been like that for years...but in the 90s they couldnt really put it out like they could now...so 2 albums in a year was a big thing...now theyre able to just leak it for promo and buzz

they don't get it.

they have a point on nikkas releasing two classic records in a year's span but, other than that...nah

let's say a rapper writes a song a day. 365 songs. choose the hottest 40 songs you have & boom.......you have two dope ass albums. its nowhere near as hard as they making it out to be.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Pac dropped 3 classic albums from 95-96? what these other nikkas doing?
4 from 94-96
1246589718_back0.jpg

2pac-me-against-the-world-back-cover-40262.jpg

CoversAllEyezOnMeBK.jpg

1246600039_back0.jpg

so many classic records,so little time

tupac-shakur08.jpg

choc city

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they don't get it.

they have a point on nikkas releasing two classic records in a year's span but, other than that...nah

let's say a rapper writes a song a day. 365 songs. choose the hottest 40 songs you have & boom.......you have two dope ass albums. its nowhere near as hard as they making it out to be.

Pac was doing about 4 songs a day... If its not hard how come nobody is doing it?

Double J

Banned
Daps
Riddle me this.

When exactly did Pac shoot "To Live And Die In LA" and "Toss it Up" videos? If he recorded Makaveli in one week, and went to the fateful Vegas trip the following week?

And, how come "It's All About You" video came out years after All Eyes On Me?

The Makaveli album wasn't recorded the week before he went to Vegas. Most of it was recorded in late July/early August of 96. The last songs Pac recorded before Vegas were All Out, Let's Get It On (The song that Tyson used for his entrance in the fight against Seldon), Hell 4 a Hustla, and a couple others.

The videos for To Live and Die in LA and Toss it Up were shot about 2-3 weeks before the Vegas trip.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
X dropped 2 crazy albums in the same year...and both TOPPED BILLBOARD FIRST WEEK OUT. Now, THAT'S impressive

images

superd_1085019.jpg

That was a weird time in rap.

nikkaz was eager to hop on anything after Pac & Big got knocked.

I always thought they marketed DMX as another Tupac in a roundabout/some times subliminal/some times blatant way

IDAHIS is a pure adrenaline rush classic, but it's not timeless IMO.That shyt just dropped at the perfect time.That was like the limbo/twilight zone era of rap.

I never really cared for flesh of my flesh.....X has a style that seems to become a lil repetitive after awhile.