Pac dropped 2 albums in less than 12 months

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
On the real, Jay been fortunate enough to drop his albums when nobody else of note (top selling pop artist) isn't dropping the same week. that's why he has that number 1 billboard record. the nikka slick...he know what he doin

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the real, Jay been fortunate enough to drop his albums when nobody else of note (top selling pop artist) isn't dropping the same week. that's why he has that number 1 billboard record. the nikka slick...he know what he doin

This.

It's a nice record to have on your resume but Jay picks his release dates very carefully. He wanted himself to be considered like today's Beatles and Elvis but really the series of number one albums aren't comparable. The Beatles and Elvis were the biggest artists on the planet during their stretch whereas Jay-Z was just someone with a loyal fanbase but not the world's most popular or best-selling artist for most of his run. It's not as dominant a stretch as the record makes it seem. Eminem was way more dominant for example..
Also the record for most records sold says a lot more about popularity since you can in theory have 11 number 1 records with only like a million and a half records sold (or 11 records for that matter). You can't sell over 100 million records though without being one of the biggest artists out..

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Makaveli demo?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

NuclearBomb

Rookie
Daps
Makaveli demo?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

yea

01- Bomb First
02- Hail Mary
03- Krazy
04- Watch Ya Mouth
05- To Live & Die In L.A.
06- Friends
07- Blasphemy
08- Hold Ya Head
09- Lost Souls
10- White Man'z World
11- nikkaz Nature
12- Against All Odds
13- Interlude
14- When Thugz Cry

white mans world n krazy are not as good as retail tho.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't deny 2Pac's greatness. He dropped two classic albums within a year. Add to that "Me Against The World," and that's three straight classic albums. I don't think anyone had ever done that in Hip-Hop before, and it hasn't happened since..

grock2727

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's BS, he's dropped on the same day as top acts like Outkast, Mariah, Daughtry, Chris Brown (when he was hot), Nickelback (when they had a #1 hit), and even G-Unit when they were at their peak.

Also don't forget that except for AG Jay announces his dates months in advance and to this day has never pushed an album back, so anyone that wants to compete is more then welcome. My guess is they avoid his dates like Hollywood avoids dropping blockbuster movies on the same Friday, who wants to deal with the competition?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
X dropped 2 crazy albums in the same year...and both TOPPED BILLBOARD FIRST WEEK OUT. Now, THAT'S impressive

images

superd_1085019.jpg

Yup..X got an award for being the first one to achieve that shyt...and he was doin movies a well...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's BS, he's dropped on the same day as top acts like Outkast, Mariah, Daughtry, Chris Brown (when he was hot), Nickelback (when they had a #1 hit), and even G-Unit when they were at their peak.

Also don't forget that except for AG Jay announces his dates months in advance and to this day has never pushed an album back, so anyone that wants to compete is more then welcome. My guess is they avoid his dates like Hollywood avoids dropping blockbuster movies on the same Friday, who wants to deal with the competition?

That nikka Jay sold hundreds of thousands of albums in NY ALONE on SEPTEMBER 11th for cryin out loud..im not sayin he was ever THE most popular rapper but THAT shyt right there was always bugged out and impressive to me...lol..

grock2727

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup..X got an award for being the first one to achieve that shyt...and he was doin movies a well...

Pac did it first in 96, both his albums debuted at #1. Jay did it as well in 2000, Vol 3 charted at #1 in the first week of the millenium and Dynasty did it 10 months later.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
0lies dropped Real Testament and Definion Of Real same year too....and I guess we not gon talk about E-40s run of droppin multiple albums same day...he dropped one too many this time around but to be in the game as long as he has and still be puttin out the ammount of quality work is crazy.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
actually pac had like 6 or 7 albums done

he had one one nation vol 1. and 2 r u still down the death row verison

me against the world pt .2 the gridlock sound track which was going to be a double disc and the outlawz album

and some other shyt

Lil Wango

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA
Pac did it first in 96, both his albums debuted at #1. Jay did it as well in 2000, Vol 3 charted at #1 in the first week of the millenium and Dynasty did it 10 months later.

He referring to X being the first musician to have his first two albums released in the same year both debut at #1

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
Yeah pac did all that but...

Reasonable Doubt (1996)
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
The Blueprint (2001)
The Blueprint2: The Gift & The Curse (2002)
The Black Album (2003)

bangers every year son

nah son that's not a banger imo