Ozark - (Official Season 1 Thread)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
So I have watched the whole series and these are my thoughts

I really thought this was an amazing series up until the very last episode.

This whole series is basically impossible white man bullshyt.

There is alot of this show that you have to suspend your disbelief for.

You can't reason with criminals especially high end ones, but in this case, white guys from suburban Chicago can.

White guys from suburban Chicago can also go into hillbilly towns in Missouri and apparently take over.

Got motherfukkers killing for him.

How the fukk does that male cousin who reads books and shyt not figure out it was ol'girl who did it?

And why are those kids so :manny: about their fathers dying.

There was lot of imaginary done for shock value which is a disappointing.

I was fukken eating when ol'boy ripped his toe nails off. Scust.

That cac fbi guy is miscast, he is suppose to be this psychopath but the actor is just not getting it right.

I ask again why does the lone black guy on this show have to be a homosexual? There was no need for that revelation.

Way too many motherfukkers know ol'boy is a money launderer and they are like :manny:

That whole scene with Dell saying "You got me to do a deal with rednecks". Why the fukk would he say that? It doesn't make any sense. Dude was a business man, he probably dealt with all types of motherfukkers. Didn't he own resorts or some shyt, so he would speak to different people, know decorum etc.

The daughter on the show has boy face.
She is the girl version of this mofo bron stark

:lolbron:

What the fukk is the resolution to this show? They keep running? Go to another hillbilly town? :beli:

ETA: For all the people I repped and dapped:obama:, I am glad y'all realize how much of a bullshyt show this is.

Oh this show was written by the same guy who did The Accountant?

Another impossible white man bullshyt.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It's a relief to see similar posters that felt the same way, though I would stand to my own opinions regardless. I forgot about that, a brochure in 2017? Not to mention just walking around with it in your pocket, assumedly to help convince your partner to move to Ozarks, because he's talking to the feds and skimming money. One would think he'd have a better pitch then a brochure. I cut it off when he crept up to the hill billy hideout like an episode of Scooby Doo, and then just walked and started tossing off names of drug trafficking figures.

I mentioned yesterday during a conversation regarding the show, I think what bothers me so much, besides the awful writing, and insulting premises, is that twice now, they have tried to sell their bullshyt (The Accountant and this) as serious, topical, adult drama, and it's not, it's cable tv level trash with a bigger budget and better actors. Top The Lake:China Girl will have to do for bleak, grim drama this summer.

lets not forget putting himself right in the sherrif's vision, and basically attempting to bribe him, when he's trying to set up a money laundering franchise.
I liked the Accountant for its ridiculous, fun fukkery. One of those "so bad it's good" movies.

This show is straight :trash:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I can deal with that for 100 minutes and find enough good...

... but 10 hours? Nope!
It's been the show I come home and put on right after work while unwinding while i'm checking my phone or laptop :lolbron:. One a day for the last week

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Can someone even explain how he laundered 8 million dollars? :whatthefukk:

Spoiler if you have to, cause that doesn't even make any kind of sense.

Also wasn't the money he started with "clean" so wtf?

he washed it through proxy companies he invested in and wire transferred legal money online... :ehh: what's so confusing about it...

You can't just spend 100k of drug money if you found it, people would start to ask too many questions so you buy something, something that generates money, you pump money into it spending the cash. the profit you take from customers using your business is taxed and legitimate money.. that's an example of how you launder money...

Like buying a dumper of a car, hooking it up selling it for double, you buy the parts cash have a mechanic order the parts, you hook it up then sell the car outright cash. you washed your money as long as no one ask where you got the money for the parts which they usually dont you might get away with it.:manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@pickles here's is perfect example with the car shyt...
5999176795291648.png

Buy a clunker like a 67' mustang, make sure it's a fast back.... for 21K CASH.... then find a mechanic who knows what he's doing, restoration mods, the works. Say you take the money pump in about 30K for the parts, 5K for the wrench time and repair step by step....

After the car is finished:

5050481400610816.png

The car itself is worth 1.5 MILLION on the market easy... :youngsabo: and all you did was spend 55K in (drug money hypothetically)
6042604216254464.png

If you're lucky you can always sell it to a dealer fully restored at an auto auction and get top dollar of the car on the open market...
4881447459749888.png

Last edited:
Daps
@pickles here's is perfect example with the car shyt...
5999176795291648.png

Buy a clunker like a 67' mustang, make sure it's a fast back.... for 21K CASH.... then find a mechanic who knows what he's doing, restoration mods, the works. Say you take the money pump in about 30K for the parts, 5K for the wrench time and repair step by step....

After the car is finished:

5050481400610816.png

The car itself is worth 1.5 MILLION on the market easy... :youngsabo: and all you did was spend 55K in (drug money hypothetically)
6042604216254464.png

If you're lucky you can always sell it to a dealer fully restored at an auto auction and get top dollar of the car on the open market...
4881447459749888.png

I don't think he's asking ways to launder money, just how he did it in a few months. I believe he withdraw all the money he owned to pay back Del what his business partner had stolen.

He co-owned a part of the marina with the chick that stole money outta the wall. He was buying full retail items for that business and was writing it off. He got full control of the strip club and business was booming there.

I could see a couple of million, but that 8 million was not fully explainable. He got construction on the church rolling but I don't understand what happened there.

This show can't stick to IRL outcomes and make sense. It's like Sons of Anarchy first season where things were somewhat believable the first 2 seasons or so regarding real life situations but true fukkery ensues and you just enjoy the shenanigans.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I don't think he's asking ways to launder money, just how he did it in a few months. I believe he withdraw all the money he owned to pay back Del what his business partner had stolen.

He co-owned a part of the marina with the chick that stole money outta the wall. He was buying full retail items for that business and was writing it off. He got full control of the strip club and business was booming there.

I could see a couple of million, but that 8 million was not fully explainable. He got construction on the church rolling but I don't understand what happened there.

This show can't stick to IRL outcomes and make sense. It's like Sons of Anarchy first season where things were somewhat believable the first 2 seasons or so regarding real life situations but true fukkery ensues and you just enjoy the shenanigans.

Exactly breh, remember when his wife bought that lakefront property, I mean obviously that shyt cost money, nothing happen there, no church and it was crime scene so insurance people can't exactly show up to assess damage.

And wouldn't all the shyt he is doing cause the IRS to audit his ass? I know that will be later, but come on.

And I know someone here brought this up, but why would they steal from Dell, when they saw what he did to that other money manager guy?

I would be like :hubie:, I would make sure he is getting every cent.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
2 episodes in and the wife already hauling the scumbaggage
:scust:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Ruth is 19 and running shyt :heh: This series got Jason Bateman all over it :russ: He directs shyt the same way he acts for whatever that means ...

Last edited: