Ozark - (Official Season 1 Thread)

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
This dude coming up with specials ideas for the Ozark joint, and I gotta say these first two episodes have been dope. They absolutely caught my attention off those two episodes alone. Hope it can keep up.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Few general thoughts without giving too much away:

- The wife isn't that annoying. Now that daughter...
- I get the comparisons to breaking bad, but this is very different. Bateman's character isn't "breaking bad," as he's been in the game for years.
- As smart as Bateman's character is, the fact that everyone knows his business is just corny.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Few general thoughts without giving too much away:

- The wife isn't that annoying. Now that daughter...
This bytch (wife) is passive aggressive annoying. There are moments where she's, at the very least, decent, but then she does something that's fukkin irritating. :hhh:

The daughter is just annoying. Also, she has a Renee Zelwegger face. :huhldup:

Last edited:

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
So whats up with the chick who took the money from the inside of the walls

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Got damn editing for ep 8 was a terrible layout. :scust:

Another reason this show is kind of wack:

Ep 8
So you're telling me this dude Bruce SAW what happened to the previous accountant, and he STILL tries to skim money? :snoop: :what: :dahell:

I'll finish the last 2 eps in the afternoon. I don't see myself watching season 2. Not enough high points in this show to keep it going. That IMDB Rating better go down. This show is far from an 8, let alone a high 8. :hhh:

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That sex scene in episode 3 caught me off guard :picard::hhh:

There are some definite holes and over the top stuff in this season...but for a first season this shyt is flames...

It has so much potential if they just clean up some of the writing...

The acting in this is triple AAA

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Brehs, is this dope? I wanted to start this yesterday, but I've only got 1 more episode to catch up completely on Better Call Saul, and then I'm starting this. I heard good things about it. Is it like Bloodline? More hardcore? I saw The Gift and I think Bateman has some solid dramatic chops. I should be able to start this tonight or tomorrow.

Can someone quote this and say without spoilers whether this is dope or not?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i don't know the mind of organized crime bosses, but why would marty be so disposable to them if he was one of the best launderers they've ever encountered? yeah his partner was skimming, but del knew marty didn't have any involvement. you do the whole killing everyone in front of marty as a reminder that you all don't fukk around but why wouldn't you keep him doing his thing?

and ok say you don't want him in chicago anymore because the feds were getting close to your operation so he's in missouri now. but why is he in fear for his life so much that he can't tell you all that these snells are fukking up their business and threatening his life and these cartel boys need to come handle business? but he's so scared of the cartel killing him that he lets the snells get to the point where they're feeling themselves like they have real power.

shyt is crazy to me, unless marty is doing the skimming someone of his talent should be kept close.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Brehs, is this dope? I wanted to start this yesterday, but I've only got 1 more episode to catch up completely on Better Call Saul, and then I'm starting this. I heard good things about it. Is it like Bloodline? More hardcore? I saw The Gift and I think Bateman has some solid dramatic chops. I should be able to start this tonight or tomorrow.

Can someone quote this and say without spoilers whether this is dope or not?
It's good, a lot takes place in this season, almost too much too fast. I know that's kinda what we want as viewers because some of these shows a slow in development of the storyline, Ozark seemed like it tried to sew everything up in 1 season.

In my opinion, its not as good as the first season of Bloodline. But it's very well acted.