Outriders dev didn't get royalties yet, Square won't say how much it sold

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Same could be said about Xbox one debacle and Microsoft wanting to cut the gaming department loose

I hear you, thats true. But what im trying to say is the only reason we look favourably at the 360 generation in terms of commercial success is because of how it performed against PS3.

Its performance against PS3 is purely the result of Sony messing up badly that generation. 360 would have been a distant 3rd (behind the Wii and PS3) if Sony doesn’t mess up the juggernaut like momentum they had with the PS2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love the 360 as much as the next person but we have a bit of an incorrect way of looking at that generation. The 360 and PS3 being neck and neck was solely the result of Sony fumbling the bag. PS3 was a disaster coming from the PS2. Expensive for consumers, hard to develop games on for devs. Lose-lose all around.

Sony got rid of Ken Kutaragi (the father of playstation) because of it and pretty much moved the whole Playstation business to the west.

People also conveniently forget about the Red Ring of Death is was the worst hardware recall of all time on Microsoft’s part

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I've always known about PS Now, the shyt isn't good though and is probably gonna get shyt canned or merged into PS Plus when the time comes. Hell I was one of like 4 people who had PS Vue(:russ:). Sony already has the infrastructure to have a streaming service they just haven't pulled the trigger yet, and I'm fairly sure the reason for that is because Sony wants to see if Microsoft can turn a profit from Gamepass before they dive in. Just like with Xbox Live, Sony is letting Microsoft experiment because they know their fanbase is loyal and is gonna fukk with whatever they put out when they decide to do it.

that's my point, they have pulled the trigger. PS Now has 2 million subs, I actually have a year's sub that expires on Chritmas :pachaha:

I was talking with @The Mad Titan about them needing to merge PS Plus and PS Now into a program.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I hear you, thats true. But what im trying to say is the only reason we look favourably at the 360 generation in terms of commercial success is because of how it performed against PS3.

Its performance against PS3 is purely the result of Sony messing up badly that generation. 360 would have been a distant 3rd (behind the Wii and PS3) if Sony doesn’t mess up the juggernaut like momentum they had with the PS2.

Totally disagree bro. Xbox 360 bought the arcade game achievements online became even more powerful call of duty halo 2 etc...

Xbox360 was that shyt. People wasn't worrying about PS3

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro every game has DLC or add ons. People don't complain about Forza because it actually make sense as they release seasonal items or new entire game modes to the game. Halo will go that route but it has too because every multiplayer shooter has that. It's not nothing new under the sun. Phil said he wants all types of games from A AA AAA games because it's a service now.

The fact is not everyone wants their games to be endless service games meant to trap players into reoccurring charges. A lot of people want games they don’t need internet service for that they can pick up and complete in a few sittings if they want

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox360 was that shyt. People wasn't worrying about PS3

Nothing you ever state ever has any real facts or logic behind it. The ps3 literally outsold the 360 globally and made a much larger profit. Microsoft didn’t make a penny off the 360 after having to replace so many units, i know because i had 3 of them

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Nothing you ever state ever has any real facts or logic behind it. The ps3 literally outsold the 360 globally and made a much larger profit. Microsoft didn’t make a penny off the 360 after having to replace so many units, i know because i had 3 of them

I dont give a fukk about sales bro. PS3 was also on the market longer than Xbox360. What they stopped the sales in 2016. Xbox360 was the best system hands down even with its flaws which they replaced for free.

360 was the golden era for online gaming

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People also conveniently forget about the Red Ring of Death is was the worst hardware recall of all time on Microsoft’s part

Then Sony had the huge PSN hack…

That generation had its issues, but people stayed because the games and overall advancement in social infrastructure (trophy/achievement, online play for consoles) was too much to walk away from.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Then Sony had the huge PSN hack…

That generation had its issues, but people stayed because the games and overall advancement in social infrastructure (trophy/achievement, online play for consoles) was too much to walk away from.

The hack doesn’t compare to an actual hardware recall they had to spend an entire generation replacing.

That hack also happened at a time when online console gaming was still in its infancy. Even more so on PlayStation since it had free online at the time

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Sony has had PS Now in place since 2015. Before Gamepass.

The fact you don't know this is a testament to how shytty Sony has marketed PS Now. The biggest difference is also that Sony doesn't put their AAA games on PS Now day 1, and they don't have to because they make way more money doing it via the traditional model. They put their AAA games on PS Now down the line, as they should IMO.

Get the upfront money then switch to subscriptions when sales wane
Basic business logic
but but but Sony needs to answer Gamepass
as if MS wasn't fueled by desperation to offer AAA games (whatever they might be lol) Day one :snooze:
And yes, I don't have high hopes on the quality of a lot of those games.