Outriders dev didn't get royalties yet, Square won't say how much it sold

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@ Sony stans - Gamepass is here to stay. There may be growing pains right now with how and what works on the service, but it isn't going anywhere no matter how you feel about it because one day Microsoft is going to make boatloads of money off of it. You are also in denial if you think Sony isn't getting ready to drop their subscription service on you, it will just operate different from Gamepass in how you can access and consume the content. Gamepass is like Netflix, Sony's will be like Disney+.

Sony has had PS Now in place since 2015. Before Gamepass.

The fact you don't know this is a testament to how shytty Sony has marketed PS Now. The biggest difference is also that Sony doesn't put their AAA games on PS Now day 1, and they don't have to because they make way more money doing it via the traditional model. They put their AAA games on PS Now down the line, as they should IMO.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What that has to do with the game being ass and Square Enix having their money and not giving it to them

You’re literally equating the non-existent sales success of the game to gamepass and now you’re saying it flopped. Which is it?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Your view point of Xbox I disagree with. Music and movie declined started before streaming services especially with rap. Games been a shytty mess since last generation started before gaming services were available. Streaming services will actually allow game developers and publishers to be more flexible in their release of games. Microsoft can make a chance to develop an AA title such as Grounded or Sea of Theives while also releasing a Halo Starfield Elders etc..

The streaming service will actually help Sony because they don't want to make chances anymore. They have so many titles that won't see the day due to them expecting to sale 7 to 10 million to recoup a 100 plus development cost. Streaming will be good for all gamers and people of all income.

What we are seeing is Microsoft again moving gaming to a direction that is needed. Gaming streaming service and the cloud.

Strongly disagree. I agree with the premise of the streaming service I think it is a good idea, hence why I have a Gamepass sub, but to act like they won't eventually monetize most of the games on their like 2K does with their NBA franchise is just being obtuse. Microsoft needs to be very careful with how they take Gamepass going forward because Microsoft could very well fumble the bag(like they did with all their 360 momentum) and Sony can swoop in and take it all from them.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You’re literally equating the non-existent sales success of the game to gamepass and now you’re saying it flopped. Which is it?

If the expectations was something else and it didn't reach what is expected it did flop. Now imagine if they didn't have gamepass shyt would of been wood status quicker.

How do you release a loot shooter with no dlc or anything.

If you read the article Square has their money but didn't put it into their account. Your thread flopped B

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No lies told (outside of FF14 and hopefully 16).

Give Sony the Marvel license for all characters completely and let them do it multiplat. :hubie:

Their western division is ass.

Square enix just put out Dragon Quest Xi, FF7 Remake, Final Fantasy 14 is the biggest MMORPG, Octopath…next year is project triangle strategy, Forspoken, FF16…etc

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If the expectations was something else and it didn't reach what is expected it did flop. Now imagine if they didn't have gamepass shyt would of been wood status quicker.

How do you release a loot shooter with no dlc or anything.

If you read the article Square has their money but didn't put it into their account. Your thread flopped B

You literally created an entire thread about gamepass making this game a huge success and now you’re in here saying it isnt….:dwillhuh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Their western division is ass.

Square enix just put out Dragon Quest Xi, FF7 Remake, Final Fantasy 14 is the biggest MMORPG, Octopath…next year is project triangle strategy, Forspoken, FF16…etc

Yeah, you right on their Western Division.

shyt outside of their wheelhouse has been very suspect.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Sony has had PS Now in place since 2015. Before Gamepass.

The fact you don't know this is a testament to how shytty Sony has marketed PS Now. The biggest difference is also that Sony doesn't put their AAA games on PS Now day 1, and they don't have to because they make way more money doing it via the traditional model. They put their AAA games on PS Now down the line, as they should IMO.

I've always known about PS Now, the shyt isn't good though and is probably gonna get shyt canned or merged into PS Plus when the time comes. Hell I was one of like 4 people who had PS Vue(:russ:). Sony already has the infrastructure to have a streaming service they just haven't pulled the trigger yet, and I'm fairly sure the reason for that is because Sony wants to see if Microsoft can turn a profit from Gamepass before they dive in. Just like with Xbox Live, Sony is letting Microsoft experiment because they know their fanbase is loyal and is gonna fukk with whatever they put out when they decide to do it.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Came in here for a second, man yall still on this immature shyt? Jesus. When i wad 18-21 sure but we 30+ grown men now :deadrose:. Some of yall nikkas grandfathers

Console wars aside, its the ecomonics of the situation that interest some of us as well as the implications it will have on the industry as a whole. For example, many believe that a subscription/f2p future will impact the way games are made.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Console wars aside, its the ecomonics of the situation that interest some of us as well as the implications it will have on the industry as a whole. For example, many believe that a subscription/f2p future will impact the way games are made.

It will actually release more games to the market. The droughts you have seen would be nonexistent once it gain followers. You pay a subscription service for everything in the world that is just the way shyt is.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Strongly disagree. I agree with the premise of the streaming service I think it is a good idea, hence why I have a Gamepass sub, but to act like they won't eventually monetize most of the games on their like 2K does with their NBA franchise is just being obtuse. Microsoft needs to be very careful with how they take Gamepass going forward because Microsoft could very well fumble the bag(like they did with all their 360 momentum) and Sony can swoop in and take it all from them.

I love the 360 as much as the next person but we have a bit of an incorrect way of looking at that generation. The 360 and PS3 being neck and neck was solely the result of Sony fumbling the bag. PS3 was a disaster coming from the PS2. Expensive for consumers, hard to develop games on for devs. Lose-lose all around.

Sony got rid of Ken Kutaragi (the father of playstation) because of it and pretty much moved the whole Playstation business to the west.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I love the 360 as much as the next person but we have a bit of an incorrect way of looking at that generation. The 360 and PS3 being neck and neck was solely the result of Sony fumbling the bag. PS3 was a disaster coming from the PS2. Expensive for consumers, hard to develop games on for devs. Lose-lose all around.

Sony got rid of Ken Kutaragi (the father of playstation) because of it and pretty much moved the whole Playstation business to the west.

Same could be said about Xbox one debacle and Microsoft wanting to cut the gaming department loose

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Bro every game has DLC or add ons. People don't complain about Forza because it actually make sense as they release seasonal items or new entire game modes to the game. Halo will go that route but it has too because every multiplayer shooter has that. It's not nothing new under the sun. Phil said he wants all types of games from A AA AAA games because it's a service now.