Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. Albert Einstein is AOTY candidate. I'd say it's a wash. That's still ignoring HNIC and ROTM.

And that's your opinion. Someone else might feel one of the many other Alc produced albums is better or something else that's dropped. That's really a different discussion.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
LOL. In the last 10 years Kast has only put out one project. Even still you could argue that "Hollywood Divorce" is memorable. Even discounting that song, "International Player's Anthem" is still one more memorable song than Mobb Deep in the last 10 years.

And Prodigy put out the potential rap AOTY so?

So we're counting solos now? That's like saying Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors was the best album of 2012. It's an opinion that can't be argued right or wrong, but you couldn't get offended if someone laughed at it.

:popcorn:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
prodigy was never anything special :yeshrug: never better than dre or big boi

:whoa:

I voted Outkast but this is madness. Prodigy from "The Infamous" through "Murda Muzik" was arguably a top 5 MC for that era.

Fred.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I go with Mobb. Just too many hard ass Winter time joints. Mobb is the epitome of NY rap.

I think it comes down to what you like personally. There was a thread here about Dre was overrated. :camby: with dat shyt. That boy has had some of the most introspective bars :whew:. Outkast great in their own right but I just think Dre made that group moreso (no disrespect to Big Boi) than in the case of Mobb where P was on the MCeeing and Hav held it down with the production and writing a lot of the hooks. nikkas sleep on Hav.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A few more things....

1. Whoever picked Mobb Deep....you don't want to go the critical acclaim route. Outkast blows Mobb Deep out of the water in that regard. There needs to be some kind of unified vote on what matters though, because half of you are saying "Outkast was main stream, obviously critics always loved them, etc etc" then the other half tries to use Mobb Deep's supposed critical acclaim as a talking point. Either critics matter, or they don't. To keep it simple let's say they don't matter.

2. Mobb Deep's fall off was horrific. I get that some of you prefer Mobb Deep, but Mobb Deep, and Prodigy specifically, had one of the worst fall offs in history. Their worst shyt is hands down 100x worse than the wackest song off "Stankonia", and about as bad as "The Love Below", which I hated. I voted Outkast but I can admit which albums I thought was wack....you cats are voting Mobb Deep talking about they never dropped a wack album. Come the fukk on. :childplease:

3. Some of you are throwing around the word "pop" with no kind of logic or reason. "Hey Ya" (which I hate) is not a pop record. It's corny, catchy, and soft as fukk, but it didn't sound like anything else out at the time. Neither does anything off of "The Love Below" or "Stankonia". I challenge any of you to find comparable music, or a lane, that Outkast was trying to tap into when they made that music. You can't. Hear people tell it "Stankonia" is Outkast's attempt at going pop and their lead single was "B.O.B. which is obviously a terrible choice if you're trying to trend hop or follow what's hot. And keep in mind these are albums I don't even like.

Fred.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
A few more things....

1. Whoever picked Mobb Deep....you don't want to go the critical acclaim route. Outkast blows Mobb Deep out of the water in that regard. There needs to be some kind of unified vote on what matters though, because half of you are saying "Outkast was main stream, obviously critics always loved them, etc etc" then the other half tries to use Mobb Deep's supposed critical acclaim as a talking point. Either critics matter, or they don't. To keep it simple let's say they don't matter.

2. Mobb Deep's fall off was horrific. I get that some of you prefer Mobb Deep, but Mobb Deep, and Prodigy specifically, had one of the worst fall offs in history. Their worst shyt is hands down 100x worse than the wackest song off "Stankonia", and about as bad as "The Love Below", which I hated. I voted Outkast but I can admit which albums I thought was wack....you cats are voting Mobb Deep talking about they never dropped a wack album. Come the fukk on. :childplease:

3. Some of you are throwing around the word "pop" with no kind of logic or reason. "Hey Ya" (which I hate) is not a pop record. It's corny, catchy, and soft as fukk, but it didn't sound like anything else out at the time. Neither does anything off of "The Love Below" or "Stankonia". I challenge any of you to find comparable music, or a lane, that Outkast was trying to tap into when they made that music. You can't. Hear people tell it "Stankonia" is Outkast's attempt at going pop and their lead single was "B.O.B. which is obviously a terrible choice if you're trying to trend hop or follow what's hot. And keep in mind these are albums I don't even like.

Fred.

Stop whining. People prefer Mobb on The Coli. Go to a White person forum if you wan't everyone to bow down to Outkast.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
arguably my favorite 2 duos...they are a little too different to compare..my vote: OutKast all day.

but i can say that if the avg person listened to both groups first 4 albums, it'd prob be easier to get thru the Mobb ones since Kast is a little experimental with it. alot of my friends only like OutKast because we tell them to. some people cant handle the diverse array of influences that span a typical OutKast record.

Get Right

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
images

Joker

The Harlequin of Hate
Daps
Reppin
Arkham Asylum
prodigy was at one point the best rapper alive. this is no opinion, so fukk you in advance.

it's obvious a lot of you weren't even introduced to outkast until stankonia or speakerboxxx/tlb.

mobb wins and p dub shines regardless. :ufdup:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
What era? OutKast def better in the 2000's but anyone saying Mobb Deep didn't kill it in the 90s is kidding themselves. OutKast had dope jams but they were low on the totem pole. Mobb epitomized what east coast gangster rap was. I fukking hated Mobb Deep cuz I was a Pac stan growing up, but their music crushed it. Mobb easily >>>> OutKast in the 90s.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
prodigy was at one point the best rapper alive. this is no opinion, so fukk you in advance.

it's obvious a lot of you weren't even introduced to outkast until stankonia or speakerboxxx/tlb.

mobb wins and p dub shines regardless. :ufdup:

This is as absurd as Andre 3000 being GOAT with the only difference being Prodigy has multiple solo albums. Prodigy was never put upon the pedestal where he was regarded in the same esteem as Nas, Pac, Biggie, or Jay. Not even in the 90's. That's not saying that Prodigy wasn't a great rapper, because he was, but GOAT? Then ya'll got the nerve to clown Kast fans.