"Outkast is bigger and better than Run DMC" - Big Gipp

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody feels this way about them but their stans.

and every group has stans that think everything they drop is magnificent.

dude made no legit points at all.

I'm not an Outkast stan, so what you said concerning that is wrong. Other than that, the other stuff you said is strictly your opinion and you're entitled to that.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Admit it...."hiphop head" is just code for East coast nikka right?

And Stankonia in 2000 is even a worse example (ironic you don't even know the name of the albums or when they even came out). Bombs Over Baghdad sounded like nothing in hip-hop at the time. The beat and chorus were straight fire (also the video) and you couldn't deny they were both flowing their asses off and then Mrs. Jackson drops which goes on to kill shyt and have nikkas all over the country relating to baby mama drama. Again what's so commercial about success while not sacrificing your art? You making it seem like they set out to gain fans and attention from outside the hip hop genre. They kept changing their sound and not sacrificing their souls/art and still killed shyt. They never followed anybody and just kept doing their thing and not afraid of what people thought.

this is shyt i dislike about these type of topics
AGAIN imma fan of kast -but ur trying to make it sound like im knocking dem

and as far as hiphop head
-u can watch the movie 8mile & see what a hiphop head are

last time i checked detroit is far from da east coast :sas2:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So wait Outkast is better than Run DMC because they rhyme better? That's the only criteria?

Okay so Artifacts rap better than Outkast, now what? who's better? Natural Elements rap better than everybody, they the best group ever? Shut up. Outkast doesn't have the legacy or influence of Run DMC.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
you have no clue what youre talking about.

fallback or do the knowledge. outkast came out rapping like S.O.M. clearly. theyve even admitted to their stannery.

youre too caught up in gimmicks when comparing these groups. AGAIN, yet another example of you not being able to see out the box. everything aint A & B.
nikka did I deny Souls Of Mischief?..I said Souls Of Mischief ain't shyt like Arrested Development...
So wait Outkast is better than Run DMC because they rhyme better? That's the only criteria?

Okay so Artifacts rap better than Outkast, now what? who's better? Natural Elements rap better than everybody, they the best group ever? Shut up. Outkast doesn't have the legacy or influence of Run DMC.
Outkast ain't better nor more important than Run DMC..

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

:salute: The revisionist history I read & watch from youtube sometimes bugs me out. Outkast plain & simple is not better than Run DMC

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have never heard Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik and ONCE thought :lupe: "these dudes remind me of Souls of Mischief"... and I sure as hell never entertained them having ANYTHING in common with Arrested Development other than being from Atlanta.

And yeah, gotta agree with spliz here... that Arrested Development shyt was wack breh. Ain't nobody eatin' off their plate at all, unless you're talkin' about groups that come out with a cool single but almost immediately turn out to be corny and very much contrived, and then ultimately self-destruct by their second album because there's only so long a gimmick like that can last.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is saying OutKast is better than Run DMC revisionist history? Do people even know what that means? Saying OutKast is better than Run DMC is an opinion. You can't really say it's right/wrong because it depends on whether you agree or disagree. Revisionist history would be saying something like OutKast was more impactful and influential than Run DMC in the 90's. Some people may have put Kast over Run DMC in the 90's, but saying everybody did in the 90's is rewriting history. Why? Because you're attempting to go back in time and change how the group was viewed in a historical context.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How is saying OutKast is better than Run DMC revisionist history? Do people even know what that means? Saying OutKast is better than Run DMC is an opinion. You can't really say it's right/wrong because it depends on whether you agree or disagree. Revisionist history would be saying something like OutKast was more impactful and influential than Run DMC in the 90's. Some people may have put Kast over Run DMC in the 90's, but saying everybody did in the 90's is rewriting history. Why? Because you're attempting to go back in time and change how the group was viewed in a historical context.

You gotta realize breh... anything that is contrary to what one is "supposed" to say, think or do is either revisionist history, c00ning, or being a culture vulture/industry plant/bedwench... don't you know the rules? :russ:

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
1289d2da296ffd3da7a141aecc3c9432786db4c7.jpg
Run-DMC-Logo-T-Shirt-With-Studding-product.jpg
DMCBaby-blog1.jpg