"Outkast is bigger and better than Run DMC" - Big Gipp

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
now thats what i call a reality check.

this reminds me of when ll cool j put the fugees in their place on "rasta imposta":whew:.

and they were always commercial from jump. they just went all out pop by the '00s.

no its not.

if you know how they came in the game and who they were with.

its 100% accurate. and that wasnt even an insult. yall are just taking it that way. i liked AD actually. i liked the 1st couple outkast tapes too.

go outside.

no. do your history first. THEN GO OUTSIDE.
My nikka i liked a few Arrested Development joints too...but keepin it all the way real them muhfukkas was basically corny...and considered as that back then too...they was fakes g....U don't have to make a point by going ALLL the way to the left of the argument....I can agree with u and still say that...no matter how right u are when u OD like that it taints Ur argument....musical..cultural and skill level there is no comparison when it comes between both groups...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I mean m he's not lying. Look at all they have accomplished. All statuses platinum (and diamond), multiple rap album of the year Grammys, album of the year Grammy, Etc. What is there to debate?

all that stuff is extra-curricular. and youre not supposed to care about a grammy at all if youre hip-hop.

worst thing is, they didnt achieve those accolades until they went full-on POP and became a black eyed peas type group.

when they were thurl, they didnt have half as much success, and didnt stand out like that cuz there was so much better stuff coming out. like i said, we know who they were and who they werent.

and that diamond plaque is really 5 mil off a double cd which didnt have much to do with hip-hop.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
listen i like kast in all
BUT they went heavy commercial esp dre3000 toward da late '90s

in my opinion if u ask the hiphop head NOT the casual music fan
mobb deep >>>
No offense but see this is the bullshyt I hate. When a group sells a lot of records and cats automatically say they sell out. If you talking about the Aquemini album from back in 98 you trippin. Wasn't nothing commercial about that album. They had Raekwon on Skew-It-On The Bar-B, the Rosa Parks joint and Slick Rick on Da Art of Storytellin. Whats commercial about those singles back in 98? Remember Bad Boy, DMX, No Limit and CMR were on the rise and running shyt. Talk about revisionist history.
I like Mobb Deep so I wont throw shade their way its just when it comes to overall music and quality Kast is simply better.

I'm still trippin this nikka said Arrested Development. He been hating Kast since SOHH. Dont ever change @Wacky D

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
I mean m he's not lying. Look at all they have accomplished. All statuses platinum (and diamond), multiple rap album of the year Grammys, album of the year Grammy, Etc. What is there to debate?

:rudy:@hip hop heads picking mobb deep over kast. :camby:
Run Dmc crossed over into rock before hip hop was totally mainstream..Probably the BIGGEST accomplishment for rap and hip hop TO THIS DAY..if you can really comprehend that..I dunno what to say....If it wasn't for that alone...you wouldn't have the Andre 3k steez.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm still trippin this nikka said Arrested Development. He been hating Kast since SOHH. Dont ever change @Wacky D

stop acting like a fakkit.

you gonna keep repeating the same chit, but you still didnt respond to my explanation. i explained it clearly and laid it all out for you.

NO RESPONSE. but you want to keep repeating nonsense and take lil pop-shots.

this is the type of crowd outkast attracts yall. and then they wonder why kast cant get a seat at the grownup table. you dudes dont want to come to grips with the fact that your favorite group was never as official as you assumed.

i dont hate anybody. i just tell it like it is.:whistle: if im so wrong, then you wouldve proven me wrong years ago. but instead all you do is respond in your feelings.

My nikka i liked a few Arrested Development joints too...but keepin it all the way real them muhfukkas was basically corny...and considered as that back then too...they was fakes g....U don't have to make a point by going ALLL the way to the left of the argument....I can agree with u and still say that...no matter how right u are when u OD like that it taints Ur argument....

youre not comprehending my posts at all black.

1st off, i hate to break it to you but outkast was corny too.

arrested development had a certain base, which outkast immediately tapped into. not to mention, they were laface's rappers. arrested development couldve just as easily been signed there and fit right in perfectly. kast mixed that crowd with the backpacks(kast came out rappin like souls of mischief).

now if you want to take that as an insults towards kast, then thats your call. not mines. alot of big name rappers are eating off of arrested development's plate.

and how was AD fake? what were they fakin exactly?:heh:

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
youre not comprehending my posts at all black.

1st off, i hate to break it to you but outkast was corny too.

arrested development had a certain base, which outkast immediately tapped into. not to mention, they were laface's rappers. arrested development couldve just as easily been signed there and fit right in perfectly. kast mixed that crowd with the backpacks(kast came out rappin like souls of mischief).

now if you want to take that as an insults towards kast, then thats your call. not mines. alot of big name rappers are eating off of arrested development's plate.

and how was AD fake? what were they fakin exactly?:heh:
eating of Arrested Developments plate?..my nikka i think u need to stop Tryna school people on everything and sit back and learn somethin....do the research my nikka Arrested Development was considered full of shyt..U can't even compare Arrested Development to a group like Souls Of Mischief...so comparing Outkast to Souls Of Mischief doesn't help paint Ur picture either....U off base g..simple as that...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
outkast
goodie mob
kanye west
common sense
B.O.B.
and others

ALL EATING OFF ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT'S PLATE regardless of how you personally feel about AD. so if you think its an insult, then thats your call. not mines.

and thats just off-top. i can think of plenty more.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
outkast
goodie mob
kanye west
common sense
B.O.B.
and others

ALL EATING OFF ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT'S PLATE regardless of how you personally feel about AD. so if you think its an insult, then thats your call. not mines.

jerry.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
eating of Arrested Developments plate?..my nikka i think u need to stop Tryna school people on everything and sit back and learn somethin....do the research my nikka Arrested Development was considered full of shyt..U can't even compare Arrested Development to a group like Souls Of Mischief...so comparing Outkast to Souls Of Mischief doesn't help paint Ur picture either....U off base g..simple as that...

no. YOU do the research.

it doesnt matter how hip-hop percieved arrested development. most of their sales came from people who like rap but arent really hip-hop like that.

learn how to think outside the box dog.:mindblown:

you think kast ever went plat on some str8 hip-hop chit? F*CK NO. and when they were doing mega numbers, they werent even really relevant to the rap game at all.

the souls of mischief type chit gave them their rap base outside of the bama states.

im not off-base at all. you just ALWAYS have trouble seeing the big picture, regardless of the topic.

dikkheads like you are why this board is wack now.

please just neg me so you can feel good about yourself and leave the thread.:scusthov:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
stop acting like a fakkit.

you gonna keep repeating the same chit, but you still didnt respond to my explanation. i explained it clearly and laid it all out for you.

NO RESPONSE. but you want to keep repeating nonsense and take lil pop-shots.

this is the type of crowd outkast attracts yall. and then they wonder why kast cant get a seat at the grownup table. you dudes dont want to come to grips with the fact that your favorite group was never as official as you assumed.

i dont hate anybody. i just tell it like it is.:whistle: if im so wrong, then you wouldve proven me wrong years ago. but instead all you do is respond in your feelings.

:umad:
Whoa why you getting so heated though? I have nothing to prove and we've had this discussion many of times over the years which is why I said never change b/c you never do. Kast already has it's seat, plaques, belts, awards, or whatever type of imaginary category you want to make up and then exclude them from.
:mjlol: @ Black Eye Peas. This nikka gonna compare them to Another Bad Creation before its all said and done and make arguments why Iesha > Chonkyfire. Like I said never change and..
200_s.gif

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
outkast
goodie mob
kanye west
common sense
B.O.B.
and others

You the dumbest nikka in the Booth.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
outkast
goodie mob
kanye west
common sense
B.O.B.
and others

4378736-8894588032-giphy.gif

Why dont you throw in Dead Prez while you at it.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
all that stuff is extra-curricular. and youre not supposed to care about a grammy at all if youre hip-hop.

worst thing is, they didnt achieve those accolades until the went full-on POP and became a black eyed peas type group.

when they were thurl, they didnt have half as much success, and didnt stand out like that cuz there was so much better stuff coming out. like i said, we know who they were and who they weren.

and that diamond plaque is really 5 mil off a double cd which didnt have much to do with hip-hop.
Extra curricular or not, run dmc didn't accomplish those feats. The question is who is bigger.