8rxaxz.png

:scust:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I never claimed to be unbiased. Lol.

I’m just comparing them album for album. Folks love to say Kast is better but if you compare them album for album, Mobb got it easy.

It’s funny that no one in this thread aside from me is actually comparing their albums. Everyone mentioning who had the bigger singles and we all know that is Outkast, but you can’t tell me Southerplayalistic is better than The Infamous, or ATLiens is better than HOE, or Speakerboxx/The Love Below is better than HNIC. Bigger? Yeah. Better, hell nah
Southerplayalistic > Juvenile Hell
The Infamous > Atliens
Aquemini > HOE
Stankonia > Murda Musik
Speakerboxx/Love Below > Infamy
Amerika's Nightmare > Idlewild Soundtrack

But then you can Blood Money
Mobb Misses mixtapes
P and Hav-s solo shyt
Compared to:
Big Boi's Sir Luscious Left-footed and Vicious Lies albums and his album with Sleepy Brown.

I guess you can add the Dungeon Family album they appeared on to.

Mobb more prolific but they have more meh to iffy product out there with their name on it than Outkast. Only miss IMO is the Idelwild Sdtrk.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I don't get this Mobb birthed shyt. They really didn't. Onyx was out before them and were grimey, Wu Tang came out like at the same time, so did Black Moon and blee immediately. They were just in the mix when they first dropped. Their debut Juvenile Hell which I played at the time and liked when many were frontin' went wood. They didn't make any noise until their second album like 2 years later.
The Mobb was the first group on the east coast gangsta rap shyt. There was a difference between the Mobb and those other groups. Onyx was so over the top that we knew it was a gimmick. The Wu was grimey af but you go back to their debut and they didn’t have the level of violence the Mobb had. Same for Black Moon. Nobody on the east coast was doing tough guy shyt the way the Mobb was

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
That song UGK made about Shook Ones was fire :wow:
That was dope when Mobb put 8Ball on Murda Muzik and put Memphis on the map :wow:
8 Ball and MJG were already big prior to 1999 hahaha. boy stop this foolishness. They were on Rap City daily NATIONALLY in 1995. And Three Six Mafia were known prior to that song. Mobb Deep did not put Memphis on the map

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Mobb was the first group on the east coast gangsta rap shyt. There was a difference between the Mobb and those other groups. Onyx was so over the top that we knew it was a gimmick. The Wu was grimey af but you go back to their debut and they didn’t have the level of violence the Mobb had. Same for Black Moon. Nobody on the east coast was doing tough guy shyt the way the Mobb was

Naw I think MOP was and was just as violent their debut was just as hard they just didn’t have a huge hit on it. While Mobb was releasing juvenile hell MOP was on their hard shyt

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Me and my boys actually have this debate irl
becuz a couple of us are bigger Mobb fans and a couple are bigger Kast fans
:russ:

Both are among my favorite groups. But I’ll take the Mobb over Kast becuz I always found myself listening to their music more. From 95-early 2000s they were the go to when it came time to ride out and hit the streets with the crew. Looking back I always played Kast when I was alone or with a girl

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
What were Tim Dog and Schooly D

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Naw I think MOP was and was just as violent their debut was just as hard they just didn’t have a huge hit on it. While Mobb was releasing juvenile hell they was on it
Damn you right. I forgot all about MOP. Criminally underrated. Lil Fame especially was always slept on as a lyricist

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Infamous > Atliens
Aquemini > HOE
Stankonia > Murda Musik
Speakerboxx/Love Below > Infamy
Amerika's Nightmare > Idlewild Soundtrack

But then you can Blood Money
Mobb Misses mixtapes
P and Hav-s solo shyt
Compared to:
Big Boi's Sir Luscious Left-footed and Vicious Lies albums and his album with Sleepy Brown.

I guess you can add the Dungeon Family album they appeared on to.

Mobb more prolific but they have more meh to iffy product out there with their name on it than Outkast. Only miss IMO is the Idelwild Sdtrk.
I respect that you actually put a list up. It’s hard to compare because their discographies don’t line up exactly. Outkast really only got 4 main group albums, one double disc that was really two solo albums and a soundtrack. Mobb got a lot more material as a group.

I didn’t include Juvenile Hell but yeah fair enough on that one. But you buggin on some of these other ones. Aquemini over HOE? I’d say those are about equal. Stankonia over Murda Muzik? Nah.

And Speakerboxx/TLB is two average solos tied together as a double disc and neither one is as good as HNIC.

But yeah if we add Juvenile Hell and Dungeon Family joints to even it up:

The Infamous > ATLiens
HOE = Aquemini
Murda Muzik > Stankonia
Infamy > Dungeon Family album
Amerikas Nightmare > Speakerboxx/TLB
Blood Money > Idlewild

If we including solo material, Prodigy’s solo work blows everything out. But even if we not including solo’s, I still give it to Mobb.

Outkast has sales and singles though, no doubt.