Outkast is better than Mobb Deep - Joe Budden

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
OutKast has more mainstream success, but Mobb gave birth to that grimy east coast music you’re hearing from some of these underground artists that are poppin now. Both are good at what they gave to hip hop.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
OutKast has more mainstream success, but Mobb gave birth to that grimy east coast music you’re hearing from some of these underground artists that are poppin now. Both are good at what they gave to hip hop.
I don't get this Mobb birthed shyt. They really didn't. Onyx was out before them and were grimey, Wu Tang came out like at the same time, so did Black Moon and blee immediately. They were just in the mix when they first dropped. Their debut Juvenile Hell which I played at the time and liked when many were frontin' went wood. They didn't make any noise until their second album like 2 years later.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I don't get this Mobb birthed shyt. They really didn't. Onyx was out before them and were grimey, Wu Tang came out like at the same time, so did Black Moon and blee immediately. They were just in the mix when they first dropped. Their debut Juvenile Hell which I played at the time and liked when many were frontin' went wood. They didn't make any noise until their second album like 2 years later.

But Shook Ones really did its damage, yea those other guys put out grimy music but did it have the impact as Shook Ones? Maybe Onyx’s Last Dayz might be on a close level.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes because someone with your avi is going to be so unbiased in this convo
I never claimed to be unbiased. Lol.

I’m just comparing them album for album. Folks love to say Kast is better but if you compare them album for album, Mobb got it easy.

It’s funny that no one in this thread aside from me is actually comparing their albums. Everyone mentioning who had the bigger singles and we all know that is Outkast, but you can’t tell me Southerplayalistic is better than The Infamous, or ATLiens is better than HOE, or Speakerboxx/The Love Below is better than HNIC. Bigger? Yeah. Better, hell nah

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Wouldn’t compare the two but personally I don’t think OutKast has anything close to the Hell on Earth album:yeshrug: