Other Races Saying "nikka"

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I'm definitely not a fan of the word. It's cool that we were able to flip it from it's negative past, but we've been using irresponsibly. It should have been used solely for internal communication within our community, instead its in damn near every hip hop song on the radio and has even made its way to film and tv. Now outsiders are exposed to the dialogue and they're beginning to feel comfortable imitating what they hear and see. And I am really bothered by that.

:ohhh:I had the exact same idea

Too bad I don't have any close friends:francis:

:bryan:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's just a word.

But...as a non-black if you understand the history around the word why would you ever want to casually use it?

As a black person seeing people use it casually around should make you question their character. Not on the issue of racism (generally), but that of having historical understanding of the shyt they are saying.

Daps
Honestly the problem would go away if my generation did what the ones before it did. Beat the shyt outta any other race other than Black people that say it. Black people have gotten too lax with the word.

Last edited:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
:francis:
No, we should be addressing each other as negus than not the other ones.......
:francis:Etymology says it's origin means GOD. How Ignorant people decide to b*stardize it's meaning comes with the territory when it comes to languages, especially with english.

:ehh:If one chooses to use Negus in a manner that offends, it is my duty to inform that person, IF I feel like enlightening an African, or making an example out of a Cracker.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't let other races say nikka around me. I don't even like black people over using it.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cac here. Grew up loving hip-hop, where the word is frequently used. And even though the origin of that word has come from horrible circumstance, blacks have turned a variation of the word into a "positive", by using it as 'dude', 'bro' etc. nowadays. That however does not give me the right to say it as a non-black, and will never say it. I see way more whites use it nowadays (I'm sure with no ill intentions, always hear the excuse "blacks say it with good connotation, so why cant we?"), but it's just not right. There are so may words we can use, I don't see why whites don't just avoid the word all together.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I'm born and raised in NY..

Puerto Ricans say this word WAY too much for my liking.. It's always fascinated me cause they say it more than black people..

:scust:

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
I got much bigger things going on in my life to selectively listen and respond to ignorance. I recognize that you attract what you put out so fortunately for me, It's been a very long time since I have heard it on those terms. Stay to yourself:ninja1:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
its about self pride for me:yeshrug:

its hard to stop saying it when you listen to so much hip hop but im getting there

fukk the word,fukk the numerous amount of "meanings"