Other Races Saying "nikka"

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Black actors in Hollywood AND rappers should stop saying it in movies and music lyrics. The game would change.

I disagree. It's so ingrained in the Black community at this point that something as superficial as celebs not doing it isn't going to deter its future usage. It would have to be a grassroots effort by the communties THEMSELVES. And THAT'S the part that's unrealistic, IMO.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point where it isn't even a controversy anymore. Lookit the Harrison kid from Kentucky, people were moreso saying he was "classless" for calling Kaminsky a nikka than being outraged over the use of the word itself. And Black people got MUCH bigger issues we gotta deal with than the impact of a WORD.

Bottom line: you can say WHATEVER YOU WANT. Just know that if you use that word around the wrong people, you might catch the fade because not ere'body is as "understanding" as that one Black friend who gives you a pass.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If people could stop using the word nikka I'd have faith in more progression. But the fact that people can't agree on simple things or work together on a seemingly small issue like not using a word shows to me that larger issues can and will never be resolved by any men or women.

Daps
So is the nikka that people often toss around now the same as the the infamous one from American history?... i ask because to me the word used doesn't matter as much as the intent and motive behind it. If non blacks use it in a song they are quoting i might can let it slide but when there's that degrading venom behind it then it's a call for action. Sometimes :pacspit: sometimes just :ufdup:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
If people could stop using the word nikka I'd have faith in more progression. But the fact that people can't agree on simple things or work together on a seemingly small issue like not using a word shows to me that larger issues can and will never be resolved by any men or women.
Unfortunately, its foundational to the system. Everyone in this thread should read the WPA interviews of former slaves that was done in the 1930s. Although the interviews were compromised by white racists (they deleted a lot and changed some things), the "n" word is prevalent throughout and is generational. Its extremely difficult to break a generational pattern, especially a cultural one. It can be done, but it will take time and we haven't even been out of slavery that long tbh.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The word "nikka" should be abolish. It will never happen if we keep influencing our yutes to use that hateful word.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Black actors in Hollywood AND rappers should stop saying it in movies and music lyrics. The game would change.

no it wouldn't. Black people don't listen to country and yet it still exists. That's an infantile way of thinking. "As long as I don't do it, no one else will...." its an egoentric point of view and negates the fact we didn't evne mkae up the word to begin with.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Unfortunately, its foundational to the system. Everyone in this thread should read the WPA interviews of former slaves that was done in the 1930s. Although the interviews were compromised by white racists (they deleted a lot and changed some things), the "n" word is prevalent throughout and is generational. Its extremely difficult to break a generational pattern, especially a cultural one. It can be done, but it will take time and we haven't even been out of slavery that long tbh.
I read those interviews last year :wow:
Stopped after four it was so sad.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
The fact that I have spend time worrying about this word, context, and who is using it, and black celebrities using it so freeely, hearing random young people saying it ............................ :damn: .... I'm out

ip6L52B.png

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i usually just call them slurs back in a passive aggressive way and they mad

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
nikkas talkin about they pullin hoe cards, but one of the biggest singles in america was nikka I aint worried about nothing, sang by a Moroccan. GTFO, you aint doin shyt. and when you at a concert and everyone is singing my nikka my nikka, you gonna have your hands in the air doing the 2 step along with them.
I work at a club and when the white girls started getting worked up and singing along to the new hottest songs "my nikka, my nikka, ......nikka aint worried about nothing, etc" cats just stand there bopping their head along with a shyt eating grin across their faces :shaq: :steviej:Then they go up and try to rap to one of the beckys and they get hit with the
873.jpg

Touch me !!! and walk away. Dudes left looking like :shaq2::rudy::camby:

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I work at a club and when the white girls started getting worked up and singing along to the new hottest songs "my nikka, my nikka, ......nikka aint worried about nothing, etc" cats just stand there bopping their head along with a shyt eating grin across their faces :shaq: :steviej:Then they go up and try to rap to one of the beckys and they get hit with the
873.jpg

Touch me !!! and walk away. Dudes left looking like :shaq2::rudy::camby:
:dead:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
NOBODY should say it. Its not even professional. Its not a word you can say at work or anything. but I guess im a "cac" for thinking like that.

Nobody should curse or say ANYTHING offensive either, but they do.

Do you really think that black people stopping using the word would stop white people or racists from using it? All it would do is stop giving white people the weak and childlike excuse of "Well if they do it, why can't I??"

Fact is, white people were the ones who started making the word offensive, they hold the blame for the touchy nature of that word. They need to own that.

Also if you think black people and their actions are THAT influencial to white people and American society, why are black stances and nearly uniform experiences (such as being harassed by cops, double standards in the legal system, etc.) constantly ignored when brought up around white people?

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
White people wanna be able to say it around blacks because its a power trip to them. More privilege.