Other Races Saying "nikka"

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The interviews were compromised by white racists (they deleted a lot and changed some things

I KNEW this had to be the case

You had former slaves on that shyt talking about how Massa was so good to them and shyt :rudy:

Do you really think that black people stopping using the word would stop white people or racists from using it? All it would do is stop giving white people the weak and childlike excuse of "Well if they do it, why can't I??"

Fact is, white people were the ones who started making the word offensive, they hold the blame for the touchy nature of that word. They need to own that.

Also if you think black people and their actions are THAT influencial to white people and American society, why are black stances and nearly uniform experiences (such as being harassed by cops, double standards in the legal system, etc.) constantly ignored when brought up around white people?

They're not gonna like this comment :ufdup:

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I KNEW this had to be the case

You had former slaves on that shyt talking about how Massa was so good to them and shyt :rudy:
Yep, that's why I love books like Blassingame's Slave Community; he outrights says he refuses to use the WPA interviews as sources because the WPA's make it seem like it was a legit paternalist relationship when in fact it was not; he used fugitive slave narratives. If anyone reads the WPAs, read with caution and in context

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't care about the word either way. It's a word within my lexicon, not my identity. I'm not invested in it personally or 'culturally', and i'm not going to waste time nor energy policing it.

Last edited:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
I don't care about the word either way. It's a word within my lexicon, not my identify. I'm not invested in it personally or 'culturally', and i'm not going to waste time nor energy policing it.

Your perspective is different here but common in reality. Most blacks just don't give a fukk about being called nikka by non-blacks.

Like I said, I just ask that people keep it from around me out of respect, but I don't go out of my way to police nikka. Too big a battle.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
White people saying it = :trash:

my question is, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Chinese. Also Jews?

Hitler killed jews because they weren't Aryan/white. Yet jews also don't get to say the n-word without getting rocked. So they're not white, and they're not black. :patrice:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
White people should never say it.

Some Hispanics and Natives? Maybe. There's a history of the word being used against them and they also have historical ties to Afrikans.

Basically everyone else though... :camby: Afrikans are the only people who can say it without there being a question mark about it.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Remember my thread on SOHH calling him one of the worst QBs I ever saw? 1000+ replies. Nikkaz were HURT in there. Wish we had access to old SOHH threads.

Son is terrible.

:ufdup: stop with that cac rhetoric.

You sound like a white person who defends their use of the word by saying well rappers say it.

If every black person in the world stopped saying the word nikka, how would that stop white people and racists from continuing using the word?

Black People using it isn't and never has been the problem, its white people and other races' entitlement of feeling the luxury doing whatever they want. Everyone knows you shouldn't call or even use the words bytch or c*nt around a woman and typically that gets respected, why can't the word nikka?

I disagree. It's so ingrained in the Black community at this point that something as superficial as celebs not doing it isn't going to deter its future usage. It would have to be a grassroots effort by the communties THEMSELVES. And THAT'S the part that's unrealistic, IMO.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point where it isn't even a controversy anymore. Lookit the Harrison kid from Kentucky, people were moreso saying he was "classless" for calling Kaminsky a nikka than being outraged over the use of the word itself. And Black people got MUCH bigger issues we gotta deal with than the impact of a WORD.

Bottom line: you can say WHATEVER YOU WANT. Just know that if you use that word around the wrong people, you might catch the fade because not ere'body is as "understanding" as that one Black friend who gives you a pass.

no it wouldn't. Black people don't listen to country and yet it still exists. That's an infantile way of thinking. "As long as I don't do it, no one else will...." its an egoentric point of view and negates the fact we didn't evne mkae up the word to begin with.
my point is this
When I hear cacs say nicca, they usually on some shyt they seen or heard a rapper/actor say. If for say 1 year, black actors refuse to utter the word, it would have some impact. If we stop perpetuating it so hard for "others" entertainment, it wouldn't be so ubiquitous.
Oh and I mean nikka not the "er" u fukks are getting me confused with.
I seen a crew of young whiteys in the 711 and I swear I knew he was gonna say the word just by his actions lol. What he do next? Saw me (only black dude) and start spittin somebody else's lyrics. I guess he thinks that's his pass. He grinning like 'hey friend no offense' , I'm staring a hole thru is azz. See the only reason he thought it was ok is bc he listens to hip hop but he knew deep down he can't say that around actual niccas.
The word belong to us. We turned it around from a negative to a positive.
We took the "er" of it and made it our own. Self hate? Yes
They take everything else. Na b nicca belongs to black Americans.
Cacs, Asians, Mexicans.. Na y'all fakin when y'all sayin it

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We brought this upon ourselves. Coming up if a white dude or non black even almost said the word he'd get his ass beat. We as a people should have stop using the word ages ago. It is a word that is the symbol of of our oppression. We've popularized it songs, and media to the point where it is a household name.
My little cousin told me the other day his white friends call him nikka as a way of acknowledgement and he has no issue with it. This younger generation is completely clueless about their history and the struggle of their people. You couple this with songs like "nikkaz in Paris" and "my nikka" and you get what u see.
It is evident that black America is in moral decline. Look at our lack of outrage when it comes to these sellouts who further popularized the n word by capitalizing off of it in those mentioned songs. Our apathy concerning our own dignity as a people has led to this. A world where non-blacks refer to black males as "nikkas" and it being justified because of how popular the word is. The bottomline is we should have never started using the word to refer to each other and we definitely shouldn't allowed it to be so popularized through music and entertainment.

Daps
Nobody should curse or say ANYTHING offensive either, but they do.

Do you really think that black people stopping using the word would stop white people or racists from using it? All it would do is stop giving white people the weak and childlike excuse of "Well if they do it, why can't I??"

Fact is, white people were the ones who started making the word offensive, they hold the blame for the touchy nature of that word. They need to own that.

Also if you think black people and their actions are THAT influencial to white people and American society, why are black stances and nearly uniform experiences (such as being harassed by cops, double standards in the legal system, etc.) constantly ignored when brought up around white people?

This to the nth degree. The word may have originated before usage in America by whites however, many of those whites created and fueled the hatred and pain behind the word. Whether Black ppl say it or not the vile intent behind the word when used by many whites and non-blacks remain.

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its time to act like gods and goddesses, kings and queens, and to call each other by such

5star

Banned
Daps
Nobody should curse or say ANYTHING offensive either, but they do.

:salute:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
I'm definitely not a fan of the word. It's cool that we were able to flip it from it's negative past, but we've been using irresponsibly. It should have been used solely for internal communication within our community, instead its in damn near every hip hop song on the radio and has even made its way to film and tv. Now outsiders are exposed to the dialogue and they're beginning to feel comfortable imitating what they hear and see. And I am really bothered by that.

I actually stopped calling my closest homies "nikka" and we all started calling each other "Lord"

"What's good, my lords"? :wow: :blessed:

:ohhh:I had the exact same idea

Too bad I don't have any close friends:francis:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people saying it = :trash:

my question is, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Chinese. Also Jews?

Hitler killed jews because they weren't Aryan/white. Yet jews also don't get to say the n-word without getting rocked. So they're not white, and they're not black. :patrice:

Jews are OK. No one else.