Other big brehs, What was your wake up call to start losing the weight? (Mine came today)

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I walked past a mirror at the and noticed that my gut was protruding a lot more than I expected. Bought a scale the next day to get a reality check and that shyt said I weighed 270 lbs :flabbynsick:. Imagine how that looks on a 5'8" frame.

Thankfully I had been lifting since high school so I when I cut 90 lbs I actually came home to some muscles.

I cut out alcohol and most carbs and went heavy with steady state cardio to get down to 200. Getting down to 180 required HiiT.

I knocked off the first 70 lbs in 5-6 months but the last 20 lbs took 3 months to lose.

Pro tip, you shouldn't bother buying expensive clothes during your weight loss journey. Go t to goodwill or something because they'll eventually be too big for you after a month
And if you gain shyt back, shirts and pants don't lie

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My doctor had been telling me I needed to lose weight. I was eating healthy at home, but whenever I'd go to work/school that's when I would pig out and buy junk. I was exercising, and my blood pressure was OK but my diet was still trash so my weight was stagnant.

I got some bloodwork done as ordered by my doctor and the truth was more sinister. My cholesterol was high, my blood sugar was high & my hemoglobin a1c waz high, basically I was prediabetic. To make things worse, I have poor eyesight so diabetes could ruin my life. At the time I was 6'0 255, back in April. I'm now 6'0 220, which still isn't good, I want to get down to 170-180, but I'm making huge progress:obama: Eating junk food isn't even worth it anymore, the worst thing I eat is Subway. I tried eating Popeyes & Pizza Hut after a couple months, and everytime I was done I'd feel like shyt and go jog to cleanse myself lol

Aren't you in Omaha? You can jump on the keystone trail and run/walk or ride. You can jump on at like maple or blondo or Cass right there behind the old 24 he fitness or Genesis health club or whatever it is. Hyvee has some cheap ready to go healthy food. Sushi, shredded chicken that you can toss in some veggies.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Got on an airplane and couldn't fasten my seatbelt. I was too embarrassed to ask for a belt extender so I put my shirt over the belt and prayed we didn't hit turbulence:mjlol:
That was in 2016 and I was probably about 340. I had stopped getting on the scale when I saw 320 but I didn't stop eating. I've yo-yo'd since then but this past January when I fukked up my knee is when I got serious. Cut out the alcohol and carbs and basically moved into the gym. Started the year around 310 or so and now I'm down to 240

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Maintained around 5’10, 204 for a couple years. Could cut and see defined abs around 191.

Had some mental health/depression issues in the military & gained 30 pounds. I guess I carried it well. I still lift, and my bloodwork is all good. All my clothes still fit, but we had weigh ins in April and I was 238:merchant:shyt had me shook.

Some time passed and I got down to 225. My department head saw me & said he could see it in my face. Now I’m slightly above 225 but want to get my BF down. Idk what weight I’ll be lean at anymore.

It’s like I dirty bulked for 7 years. I’m getting back right now. Going from sports in HS and college to a desk job got me.