Other big brehs, What was your wake up call to start losing the weight? (Mine came today)

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I always said that if I ever hit 300 on the scale, that would be the moment. I shouldn't have waited until that number. I've always been a big cat. :snoop:

Anyway, flashback to March 2017. One day in Arlington, Texas on a work trip, I stepped on a scale and that bytch said 317. :picard: :damn:

That was the moment and as soon as the summer hit, I got on the grind. Now I'm at 255-260, and I got at least 20 pounds left to drop, 30 is likely more optimal.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Doesn't matter what got you here just be glad you're here. Now get in the gym like its a new habit! I just dropped almost 25 lbs in 6 weeks from cutting out bread, rice and liquor. No sodas just water or LaCroix (carbonated water) and green juice. And I've been in the gym at least 5 days a week for at least 1 hour. Think of it this way...have you ever seen a 60 year old person that is 350lbs+? THEY DON'T EXIST!! They either lose weight or DIE (or about to die).

You can do it breh :salute:

Daps
My wake up call was when I looked in the mirror and saw the big belly. I didn't wanna go out like my li'l brother who died from an obesity related illness (he was huge, easily over 400lbs at 26 years old.)
I knew I was heading in the same direction.
I realised I was probably around 300lbs before I sarted going to the gym (I'm 5'10")
The thing is I've always been a big guy with dense bones and musculature.

I just wanna get back to a healthy weight for my height and genetic disposition.

I've noticed that clothes are starting to fit a lot better as I've been going to the gym.

Daps
2 years ago, I was 5'8" 226 lbs. My weight fluctuated between 180 and 190 in college, usually wearing large shirts, sometimes XL.

XL shirts started making me look :flabbynsick: and I had to buy XXL.

Blood pressure was higher than normal and my glucose went from 75 to 90-ish. The numbers weren't terrible, but breh had to stop before it went too far.

Currently checking in at 185 lbs...probably gonna drop another 15 to 20 so I can sit around 165 to 170 lbs, which is good at my height (medium frame).

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A combination of things. When a summer before, you could fit size 30 and then you have to go to size 36 but 38 is your real comfort. Your wardrobe keeps surprisingly shrinking. A nigguh was only wearing tapered pants at one point:francis:

But I was foolish or nonchalant. Ppl closer to me kept telling me I was getting big but I was a slave to the scale. As long as it kept reading a number I liked, I didn’t pay the talk no mind. Well after my girl had gave birth and she said needed a new scale cuz the old one was broken, I order her one off amazon and stepped on it to calibrate and that bytch said 214:picard:. I thought I was 195 all this time. I was devastated. I never been that big. A breh hit a new century mark:to:. I didn’t want to hop on Keto but my life was too up and down to dictate a proper lifestyle with the birth of my child and girl have really bad post labor complications. I look back and I probably don’t get the results I want without Keto. I’m 165 now and this is just the first phase. It’s probably going amethyst l next summer to get my goal. I wanted to slim down to 160lbs band then bulk up(to 190) and cut back to 175. Im bulk up the entire cold season and start my cut in March with a nice clean diet. I’m patient so I don’t need to see result right away. I’m aight taking the slow route

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I had to sit down after climbing HALF of Runyon canyon.
I’m talking I was damn near hyperventilating and probably would have passed out if my son didn’t give me his whole jug of water.
I’m only 5’11 190 but I guess my cardio is trash right now. My son is 6’1 220ish but plays sports and it was cake for him. I need to start taking this shyt seriously

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm 6'0 and weigh 320lbs. My gut is so fat I can't even see me dikk anymore :hhh:

can't walk up stairs without being out of breath. fukking has become a life or death situation:francis: overal discrage how i let myself go :mjcry:
Acknowledging the problem is the first step

And the process is very simple. NOT EASY.... but simple. Best of luck breh

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
My doctor had been telling me I needed to lose weight. I was eating healthy at home, but whenever I'd go to work/school that's when I would pig out and buy junk. I was exercising, and my blood pressure was OK but my diet was still trash so my weight was stagnant.

I got some bloodwork done as ordered by my doctor and the truth was more sinister. My cholesterol was high, my blood sugar was high & my hemoglobin a1c waz high, basically I was prediabetic. To make things worse, I have poor eyesight so diabetes could ruin my life. At the time I was 6'0 255, back in April. I'm now 6'0 220, which still isn't good, I want to get down to 170-180, but I'm making huge progress:obama: Eating junk food isn't even worth it anymore, the worst thing I eat is Subway. I tried eating Popeyes & Pizza Hut after a couple months, and everytime I was done I'd feel like shyt and go jog to cleanse myself lol

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I walked past a mirror at the and noticed that my gut was protruding a lot more than I expected. Bought a scale the next day to get a reality check and that shyt said I weighed 270 lbs :flabbynsick:. Imagine how that looks on a 5'8" frame.

Thankfully I had been lifting since high school so I when I cut 90 lbs I actually came home to some muscles.

I cut out alcohol and most carbs and went heavy with steady state cardio to get down to 200. Getting down to 180 required HiiT.

I knocked off the first 70 lbs in 5-6 months but the last 20 lbs took 3 months to lose.

Pro tip, you shouldn't bother buying expensive clothes during your weight loss journey. Go t to goodwill or something because they'll eventually be too big for you after a month