Orange is the New Black Season 5 Thread

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Season was meh..
It had its bright moments and then shyt became cliche towards the end..
The whole "Jason/Robocop" bit was corny as fukk..
This dude did all those things but now y'all want to have a conscience :childplease:
next season should be the last...
Feels like they are jumping the shark with some of the troupes..
Poussey will always be missed:mjcry:
But having her girl show up for the finale was suspect as hell when she went missing for a good 6 episodes..
Penatucky is a dummy that needs to be off just like those goofy meth heads:scust:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm 6 episodes in. Danielle Brooks (Taystee) is the definite MVP of the season so far.

I'd still smash Maritza, Watson, and Daya with no hesitation. Watson almost looks better without makeup. I'm kinda warming up on Ruiz too.:shaq:

this is what I'm thinking. danielle brooks stealing the show from everyone this season. I'm watching episode 6 as well. I would be fine if the show was simply focused on the hispanic and black inmates. I don't really have much interest in the white inmates at all on here.

btw, I been advocationg watson since season 1. she is by far the best looking woman on this show. if you don't believe me, check out vicky jeudy's instagram.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The writing isn't nearly good enough to cater to the number of "important" characters on this show. They really should just wrap it up at this point.

the problem with the writing that doesn't shock me is that this show was created by the same person who made "weeds"

if u remember, that show went off the rails after season 3 when their house burned down and it went to all sorts of levels of absurdity.

this show has at least been more consistent than that one has after 5 seasons.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I didn't finish last season and not really motivated to pick it back up.

Does Maritza show them titties in season 5?:patrice:

only t*ts I have seen were of random characters in the background during the riot. I remember seeing chapman's t*ts a few seasons ago, and that was NOT something I want to see again :whoa:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y'all should really spoiler plot points for the first two weeks or so while ppl have a chance to watch, thought that was pretty much common curtesy with Netflix threads. I could see if it's 3 months later...anyway

I ended up enjoying the season, right now it's 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 for me. While they're wearing out characters, I think this riot is setting up the last two seasons nicely - breaking folks up, prolly getting sent to max, etc.

Maria (Ruiz) was a bytch for stealing Mendoza's plan, bytch had a battery in her back since last season and was the one kicking up the most shyt early on, then gonna fukk up everything for some deal that wasn't on the table for her.

Gloria was selfish for that plan too, I get it, but really even if Taystee didn't fukk up, they were gonna fukk her over regardless letting them hostages out.

Speaking of Taystee, I'm not mad at her, I get she was hurting, but for them to let her negotiate solo, that's their fault. Someone else should've been at the table with her.

I don't get what Sophia was doing turning herself in as opposed to going back to the prison...did she do that to duck outta the riot early?

Zirconia (Latina with the short hair and golds) is disturbingly good at her role. :huhldup:

I don't get why they didn't use the purchasing exec from MCC as a hostage bargaining chip. Btw that woman was beyond annoying

They said they had 10 missing which was the 10 in the bunker, but what about Chen and pennsatucky? They should be on the roll as missing. Pennsatucky for sure in the case they caught Chen. And where did pennsatucky go? I missed that, is she a long way from the prison or just at one of those cottages surrounding it?

Crazy eyes, Lorna, and the meth heads were unbearable to me this season. The only redeeming thing was seeing Leann see her mom and show a glimpse of humanity.

I'm in for season 6, really wondering how this all unfolds and which characters become the "main" cast.
Also, part of the reason I think some of the black cast gets banged on their acting is that the writing for their charterers is pretty corny at times, which is to be expected from a show with no black writers.

Last edited:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe this show is still going :deadmanny: I saw clearly and quit watching after S2E1 :whew:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Y'all should really spoiler plot points for the first two weeks or so while ppl have a chance to watch, thought that was pretty much common curtesy with Netflix threads. I could see if it's 3 months later...anyway

I ended up enjoying the season, right now it's 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 for me. While they're wearing out characters, I think this riot is setting up the last two seasons nicely - breaking folks up, prolly getting sent to max, etc.

Maria (Ruiz) was a bytch for stealing Mendoza's plan, bytch had a battery in her back since last season and was the one kicking up the most shyt early on, then gonna fukk up everything for some deal that wasn't on the table for her.

Gloria was selfish for that plan too, I get it, but really even if Taystee didn't fukk up, they were gonna fukk her over regardless letting them hostages out.

Speaking of Taystee, I'm not mad at her, I get she was hurting, but for them to let her negotiate solo, that's their fault. Someone else should've been at the table with her.

I don't get what Sophia was doing turning herself in as opposed to going back to the prison...did she do that to duck outta the riot early?

Zirconia (Latina with the short hair and golds) is disturbingly good at her role. :huhldup:

I don't get why they didn't use the purchasing exec from MCC as a hostage bargaining chip. Btw that woman was beyond annoying

They said they had 10 missing which was the 10 in the bunker, but what about Chen and pennsatucky? They should be on the roll as missing. Pennsatucky for sure in the case they caught Chen. And where did pennsatucky go? I missed that, is she along way from the prison or just at one of those cottages surrounding it?

Crazy eyes, Lorna, and the meth heads wee unbearable to me this season. The only redeeming thing was seeing Leann see her mom and show a glimpse of humanity.

I'm in for season 6, really wondering how this all unfolds and which characters become the "main" cast.
Also, part of the reason I think some of the black cast gets banged on their acting is that the writing for their charterers is pretty corny at times, which is to be exected from a show with no black writers.

Didn't even realize those plot holes. :ohhh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So it's not worth my time? :dayum:
Do you still like this show after season 4? If so, yes, if not, no :manny:

I think people are being overly critical since the season takes place over ~3-4 days. The overall story is good, some pointless meandering (mainly with annoying characters) but it's a 7/10 season to me.

Last edited: