Orange is the New Black Season 5 Thread

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Just finished. Inconsistent as fukk and frustrating in many regards, but still interesting enough for me to binge the next season.

Lorna, meth heads, Pennsatucky (sp), Doughnuts, and especially Piper/Alex can :camby:

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Y'all should really spoiler plot points for the first two weeks or so while ppl have a chance to watch, thought that was pretty much common curtesy with Netflix threads. I could see if it's 3 months later...anyway

I ended up enjoying the season, right now it's 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 for me. While they're wearing out characters, I think this riot is setting up the last two seasons nicely - breaking folks up, prolly getting sent to max, etc.

Maria (Ruiz) was a bytch for stealing Mendoza's plan, bytch had a battery in her back since last season and was the one kicking up the most shyt early on, then gonna fukk up everything for some deal that wasn't on the table for her.

Gloria was selfish for that plan too, I get it, but really even if Taystee didn't fukk up, they were gonna fukk her over regardless letting them hostages out.

Speaking of Taystee, I'm not mad at her, I get she was hurting, but for them to let her negotiate solo, that's their fault. Someone else should've been at the table with her.

I don't get what Sophia was doing turning herself in as opposed to going back to the prison...did she do that to duck outta the riot early?

Zirconia (Latina with the short hair and golds) is disturbingly good at her role. :huhldup:

I don't get why they didn't use the purchasing exec from MCC as a hostage bargaining chip. Btw that woman was beyond annoying

They said they had 10 missing which was the 10 in the bunker, but what about Chen and pennsatucky? They should be on the roll as missing. Pennsatucky for sure in the case they caught Chen. And where did pennsatucky go? I missed that, is she a long way from the prison or just at one of those cottages surrounding it?

Crazy eyes, Lorna, and the meth heads were unbearable to me this season. The only redeeming thing was seeing Leann see her mom and show a glimpse of humanity.

I'm in for season 6, really wondering how this all unfolds and which characters become the "main" cast.
Also, part of the reason I think some of the black cast gets banged on their acting is that the writing for their charterers is pretty corny at times, which is to be expected from a show with no black writers.

I thought Sophia went down there to contact somebody if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember who though. I think that's why she was laughing like "ain't this some shyt" when the girl told her that whoever she was looking for got out.

They were off by 1 on the count assuming Chen got away clean. They still think the lady from MCC is an inmate and counted her too. She cancels out one of the missing inmates. It's an annoying plot hole for me since I was counting just like you when they said there are 10 missing. Would have been easier just to say some inmates are missing.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Y'all should really spoiler plot points for the first two weeks or so while ppl have a chance to watch, thought that was pretty much common curtesy with Netflix threads. I could see if it's 3 months later...anyway

I ended up enjoying the season, right now it's 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 for me. While they're wearing out characters, I think this riot is setting up the last two seasons nicely - breaking folks up, prolly getting sent to max, etc.

Maria (Ruiz) was a bytch for stealing Mendoza's plan, bytch had a battery in her back since last season and was the one kicking up the most shyt early on, then gonna fukk up everything for some deal that wasn't on the table for her.

Gloria was selfish for that plan too, I get it, but really even if Taystee didn't fukk up, they were gonna fukk her over regardless letting them hostages out.

Speaking of Taystee, I'm not mad at her, I get she was hurting, but for them to let her negotiate solo, that's their fault. Someone else should've been at the table with her.

I don't get what Sophia was doing turning herself in as opposed to going back to the prison...did she do that to duck outta the riot early?

Zirconia (Latina with the short hair and golds) is disturbingly good at her role. :huhldup:

I don't get why they didn't use the purchasing exec from MCC as a hostage bargaining chip. Btw that woman was beyond annoying

They said they had 10 missing which was the 10 in the bunker, but what about Chen and pennsatucky? They should be on the roll as missing. Pennsatucky for sure in the case they caught Chen. And where did pennsatucky go? I missed that, is she a long way from the prison or just at one of those cottages surrounding it?

Crazy eyes, Lorna, and the meth heads were unbearable to me this season. The only redeeming thing was seeing Leann see her mom and show a glimpse of humanity.

I'm in for season 6, really wondering how this all unfolds and which characters become the "main" cast.
Also, part of the reason I think some of the black cast gets banged on their acting is that the writing for their charterers is pretty corny at times, which is to be expected from a show with no black writers.
Penn. is in the CO cabins with lil buddy that raped her

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Ok.
Daya's mother is basically female John Leguizamo. Their demeanor, their speech pattern, their annoying-over-time voices. Same shyt.
I can't be the only one seeing that, right?

It's just for the show, in her other roles she was good.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I thought Sophia went down there to contact somebody if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember who though. I think that's why she was laughing like "ain't this some shyt" when the girl told her that whoever she was looking for got out.

They were off by 1 on the count assuming Chen got away clean. They still think the lady from MCC is an inmate and counted her too. She cancels out one of the missing inmates. It's an annoying plot hole for me since I was counting just like you when they said there are 10 missing. Would have been easier just to say some inmates are missing.
Sophia went to go see the nun that got sent to max last season. She was one of the original casts members I believe but highly forgettable imo. They released her from max because of illness but she was cool
With Sophia especially when Sophia went to max. If I remember right, the nun went to max because of Sophia

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Sophia went to go see the nun that got sent to max last season. She was one of the original casts members I believe but highly forgettable imo. They released her from max because of illness but she was cool
With Sophia especially when Sophia went to max. If I remember right, the nun went to max because of Sophia

For her to have such a substantial time, she was forgettable as hell :heh:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Piskatella coming into the prison to beat up inmates in riot gear like a big gay Punisher :mjlol:

Then getting taken out by a pepper spray bullet :russ:

Ruiz hit Mandoza with the super finesse :wow:

Tasty should've taken the deal it's what Possuey would have wanted

Next two seasons should be interesting :ehh:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
on episode 10....new season is trash.
once again...the whole season taking place over a few days doesn't work at all.

the really need to stop with the flashbacks now...they're unnecessary.

high point so far was everytime Diane Guerrero popped up on screen.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I just watched episode 8 and I'm like :ohhh: the person playing daya as a youngster looks IDENTICAL to daya. I had to do a double take. well the reason is because that is actually daya's real life daughter who's like 16. :mindblown:

Meet Dasany Kristal Gonzalez, Who Plays Young Daya on Orange Is the New Black - In Touch Weekly

young-daya-oitnb.jpg
I was thinking that was her little sister.

I also been waiting for those two meth heads to die.
I was hoping it was a wrap for them when the fire started