Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I just can’t stop praising this film. So well written, so well acted. Honestly I could watch it a hundred more times. I think it makes sense to me more because I have a disdain for so much government secrecy and the lack of transparency that breeds conspiracy. Strangely watching this it helped me understand the unwavering need for secrecy and compartmentalization that those government officials have. We always need an enemy, someone to compete against and fight. That’s essentially what this country is and what it always has been. It’s like what Daniel Plainview said in There Will Be Blood: “I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.” It’s the naïveté in our innocence that thinks that we’ll join hands and sing kumbaya one day. The hubris in Oppenheimer in taking fire from the gods and giving it to man, like he was Prometheus. Thinking it would save the world and stop all war. The hubris is not realizing that in turn the Gods punished him to eternal torment for his transgression. So many powerful themes expressed in this film. A+

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Things got a little hammy in the boardroom with his lawyer, and I don't know if you need some of the immersive sound production when crehs are just talking. Otherwise a good movie, would not watch again

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I finally got around to watching this. I thought I'd be salty at not gettin' to see it 'properly' in the theaters with those special 70mm or whatever but I didn't feel like I missed out after watching it on the home joint.

First and foremost, Cillian Murphy killed that shyt. And I'm happy for duke cuz he doesn't get nearly enough praise or credit for his Peaky Blinders role or even the work he did with 28 Days Later. But for this? It's undisputable no matter how you feel about the movie as a whole I think. Fam deserves all of the awards coming his way.

The score was dope. But the last 45 mins to a hour is where it really shines, especially played behind the new POV with the Albert/Opp talk.

As for the movie itself, loved the way Nolan played around with the physics inside of CM's head to mirror the chaos going on around him & to illuminate the situation with some on-the-nose effects. Some of the Strauss stuff was sloppy but I attribute that to the non-linear story telling for the most part cuz RDJ did his thing. Is it the best Nolan movie I've ever seen? I don't think so, but it's pretty good for a 3-hr political thriller that's heavy on the dialogue & I appreciate the ambition.

Shout-out to my man Mr. Robot comin' thru in the clutch at the end too.

giphy.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn man…brilliant movie…great performances from cillian murphy and RDJ…whole fukking cast was great to be honest

*edit*

I don’t like to sweat folks for their opinions on shyt like movies, music, etc. but this thread is showing me who I absolutely should NOT listen to/care about when it comes to film recommendations lmao

Last edited: