Only in the hood...

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I lived on a street where we damn near didn't have to go to the store.

Trucks coming by selling produce and milk all day, horn sounds like La Cucharacha.

Call up the old white guy and he'd sell you some meat. ("The Meat Man")

Mexicans sold pillows, tamales, corn, snow cones and pizza up and down the street.

The one ice cream truck running after 10PM.

And finally, the donut truck. Yes, a Mexican guy sold donuts out a ice cream van.

:wow:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Playing Manhunt at night :banderas:

Like hide & go seek but with 30+ people and the entire hood is a hiding place. Bout 15 blocks worth of places where you can hide. That shyt used to be SO fun.

Also riding on bike pegs being a legit form of transportation. One on the pegs, one on the seat the other sitting in the space between the handlebars and the bike seat.

Summer time in NY :wow:

I remember nikkas would open up the firw hydrant every summer. I seen mad fights break out cause nikkas would grab nikkas in the fly clothes and through em in the water :mjlol:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
- Those beer bottlecaps with the word puzzle on the underside.
- Hearin your neighbor gettin her back blown out by a different guy every damn night when she wouldn't give you the time of day.
- Sealing up every crack and crevice with steel wool and borax to keep out the mice, rats and roaches from the neighbors.
- Knowing that if you weren't in by the time the streetlights came on...you better find someplace else to stay.
- Mandatory Saturday mornings at the Laundromat.
- WBLS Saturday jams.
- Local school parades down E.163rd street (back in the early 80's) every Saturday.
- The corner bodega that sold food, candy, drugs, alcohol and just about anything else you could request.
- All night public transportation.
- Crack vials in the stairwells.
- Piss smell in the stairwells.
- Bloodstains in the stairwells.
- Piss smell in the elevator.
- Comin out your building and prayin you don't get jumped by the hoods in the lobby.
- When visiting friends with roaches, don't eat or drink anything and if you put your coat or bag down, leave it outside for 10 minutes and shake em out before you put em on.

Man...the more I think about it...the more sad I get.
Ain't that some mess?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
- Those beer bottlecaps with the word puzzle on the underside.
- Hearin your neighbor gettin her back blown out by a different guy every damn night when she wouldn't give you the time of day.
- Sealing up every crack and crevice with steel wool and borax to keep out the mice, rats and roaches from the neighbors.
- Knowing that if you weren't in by the time the streetlights came on...you better find someplace else to stay.
- Mandatory Saturday mornings at the Laundromat.
- WBLS Saturday jams.
- Local school parades down E.163rd street (back in the early 80's) every Saturday.
- The corner bodega that sold food, candy, drugs, alcohol and just about anything else you could request.
- All night public transportation.
- Crack vials in the stairwells.
- Piss smell in the stairwells.
- Bloodstains in the stairwells.
- Piss smell in the elevator.
- Comin out your building and prayin you don't get jumped by the hoods in the lobby.
- When visiting friends with roaches, don't eat or drink anything and if you put your coat or bag down, leave it outside for 10 minutes and shake em out before you put em on.

Man...the more I think about it...the more sad I get.
Ain't that some mess?
:wow: