Only 7 Black Students Got Into NY's Most Selective High School, Out of 895 Spots Only 7 out of 895

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
One thing to add. Excessive children stress messes up the development of your pre-frontal cortex, affecting memory and rational.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a governmental situation. The system needs proper funding and dealing with systematic racism. It has to be dealt with via school systems and testing.
And how about the solution for personal accountability?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
And how about the solution for personal accountability?

Whose to say these parents aren't being accountable? They are making sure their children are in school and doing what they can do to make sure they are getting a good education. What else can they do? I am assuming they are making sure their children are studying and pushing themselves.

---

Superstar
Daps
I agree. But, what about the many Black parents who can't afford to make the changes needed to play the ridged system -- they will continuously be left behind. The cheating scandal and college buy-in really opened a lot of people's eyes. They can literally buy their children into these schools -- high school and university.

If they don't cheat their way in -- they can provide uber resources to help their children. It's a high cost for tutoring and such.

That's why this needs to be attacked at a governmental level.

We are both correct its a two-part solution personal accountability and there needs to be a pathway set up by the government to ensure the kids below do well.

You're correct though so out here in Asia countries like China, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Japan. The best schools are all publicly funded schools. Students kill themselves to get into them and once in they know that they have a good chance to have a good life as the public schools at all levels turn out some of the best results.

Going to a private high school or private university means you couldn't cut it. It's a trip cause the best back home private generally means better.

Last edited:

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
The good jobs go to the kids that went to the good secondary schools, and the good secondary schools only accept students that did well in primary school. Knowing this, why are black people as a community so lackadaisical about school? White people don't have to try hard because they can ultimately rely on connections, money, and cheating. Black people don't have a system or resources set up for us to win, so our effort is the only thing we can count on. And yet here we are, pretending like life isn't a cutthroat competition, rigged against us.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I promise you these specialized entrance exams require specialized tutoring to master. It's like SATs. You can give your kid a major boost with a special tutor. People keep forgetting Asians aren't some super species of smart people. Adjusted for income, they perform no better than anyone else in this country. So, I'm sure having entrance exams where specialized tutors can go back and look at 10 years of past questions to prepare a kid plays a huge part.

Article said some kids take months to prepare.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
We just need to form study groups for our kids..those with degrees get several kids and tutor them hard, no other way. Everything else is a lie.

This is all about beating the system..Whites, Asians and Jews claim to be so advanced but all they do is cheat the system where they can or find loopholes.
Black people need to get with the program and beat the system, not work with it.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
This is kind of a misnomer. Every parent for the most part WANTS their child to be successful. But do they actually KNOW how to garner that success when u 25 w/ 3 kids working @ walmart. There's a reason that doctors have doctor kids or if you follow sports so many kids of former athletes are dominating sports now. They know what it takes to get the job done, what obstacles to avoid, and what to focus on. Sum1 mentioned civil service jobs and why so many folks are 2nd and 3rd generation in them which is also a good example

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I feel you...BUT...the diplomas of those 7 black students will be worth a lot more than if they removed the entrance exams to allow 500 black and latinos in. Or am I wrong? I'm open-minded about this issue.

I feel resources should be diverted into prep programs to help more black people into those schools. Rather than just removing the exams in their entirety.

To be fair, Asians are also pummeling whites in entrances to those schools. People sleep on Asians but they have a nearly continuous 4,000 years of civiliazation behind their backs.
With little interruption. It's not like Africa which has been extremely interrupted since the 1500s. They have faced challenges but were able to adapt and were given the opportunity

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
As some have already said, quality primary and supplementary education complimented by motivation/interest will result in higher acceptance rates

Black culture does not take education seriously. Look at who the youth idolizes and looks up to.. it's not scholars. American culture in general is anti-intellectual but cacs and other privileged groups can afford to cause they control resources.
truth. It's interesting that too many non-Blacks are tolerant/supportive of messages being promoted by certain Black folks, that they otherwise disagree with and actively are against

invalid

Banned
Daps
Never heard of Stuyvesant or anyone that went there. All the folks I know from New York that had my money went to Collegiate, Dalton, Spence, Riverdale, Horace Mann.