FlusteredNauticalIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Jay stans tryna avoid this thread or flip all the shyt hes doing

Ball game

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
Jay always let you know he was a hustler first. Some people just weren't trying to hear him. He sold crack to the same neighborhood that he'd later help gentrify. Even in terms of of rap, he admitted to dumbing down his lyrics to be on some pop shyt.

There's likely no moral boundary he'd be unwilling to cross for a check. That documentary and bailing out protesters was just the cost of good PR at the time.

I'm reading that thread while Ether plays in the background...

Daps

This the kid that cut his hair

I believe he sincerely believes in what he's doing, attempting to rehabilitate his thinking and behavior for a more promising future. While it's a clear shame that he's being used by Jay-z as a prop in his performative sham of a social justice campaign, I wish breh all the best. :francis:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I believe he sincerely believes in what he's doing, attempting to rehabilitate his thinking and behavior for a more promising future. While it's a clear shame that he's being used by Jay-z as a prop in his performative sham of a social justice campaign, I wish breh all the best. :francis:
It speaks volumes that they don't post an update until today...with all the blowback.

Waited not for a regular day without the spotlight, but after they saw their facade of victim blaming crumble before our very eyes.

Like you, I won't knock that young man for his growth, however it comes...but the manipulators are spreading his message.

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
What's wrong with black people being police, you enjoy being harassed by cacs? :scust:

Then maybe they would've arrested and murked out Dylan Roof and Zimmerman.

This is why I avoid topics hot in the twitter fingers community, nothing but fake outrage and trying to make everything seem like 9/11 levels. "Black kids from the worst hoods wanna work for the city? No way in hell, I thought Tay-K was their role model" :mjpls:
I'm white and I hate all police. LOL

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Jay is completely out of touch and has been for awhile. He thinks he's "cooler" than he actually is and that he actually has the juice that he used to have.

He thought he could kill auto tune or kill the money phone. He thought he could co-opt movements and sell Occupy All Streets Merch without backlash. He thought rolling out Tidal as a "help us poor millionaires get more money" initiative was the way to sell the new platform to consumers.

This NFL shyt is just another out of touch, tone deaf maneuver from him. And that's only judging the move as a strategy to improve his brand. Judging it ethically would be a whole other conversation.

Breh has long ago lost his ear to the streets he claims to speak for.
he didn't need to come back from "retirement" except to make more money

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Ugh I hate this with a passion. The fact you have to cut your hairstyle to assimilate and be treated with respect is disgusting.

I hate that Hampton University has the same policy.
Is that a new policy? I know somebody that went to school with breh from EarthGang and she got a photo with him on their graduation day and he had his locs