• Gangstarr

Votes: 111 55.2%

• Total voters

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The GS tree might be bigger but the fruit aint as good - sorry.
Just my personal taste - I'm gonna bump way more infamous mobb, illa ghee and littles than big shug or jeru. i think bahamadia is dope and i own jeru's first two albums and bumpy knuckles first deluxe CD (with the comic book included) but like i said its right on the line for me, not a landslide victory but if one has to go then its gangstarr foundation before Mobb Deep.
good post

never thought of infamous mobb or littles as actual rappers, but the mobb deep family tree is bigger than I thought...I saw Noyd as the only branch

Freddie Foxx(BK) is from the Eric B. and Rakim family tree, not Gangstarr

Daps
Reppin
NULL
good post

never thought of infamous mobb or littles as actual rappers, but the mobb deep family tree is bigger than I thought...I saw Noyd as the only branch

Freddie Foxx(BK) is from the Eric B. and Rakim family tree, not Gangstarr

his 2nd wind was definitely from the GangStarr foundation but I agree.
however taking him off the GS tree only solidifies my Mobb Deep choice.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Mobb Deep's family tree is less than Gangstarr's if you want to compare them that way.

Jeru and Bahamadia vs Rapper Noyd and Bars N Hooks
No Infamous and Hell on Earth and there’s no War Report.
That’s a fact jack it’s under the Snapple cap
ThoughtfulUnimportantAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
nah, CNN wasn't under Mobb Deep

Technically under the Juice Crew family tree.....brought out by Tragedy
Doesn’t matter. CNN either doesn’t get signed, or drops an album with a different sound if there is no Mobb Deep.

CNN may not have been under Mobb, but they drew plenty of inspiration from them.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Doesn’t matter. CNN either doesn’t get signed, or drops an album with a different sound if there is no Mobb Deep.

CNN may not have been under Mobb, but they drew plenty of inspiration from them.
This is true too. But by extension it’s Illmatic that influenced a lot of that shyt too. Mobb Deep before Illmatic and Mobb Deep after Illmatic is 2 diff things.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

that's reaching and a rabbit hole full of "ifs"
If Nas never got signed and put the spotlight on QB.........Mobb Deep maybe doesn't get a second shot at a record deal.

If a group didn't get put on by one of the artists listed in the OP, we can't speculate about what they wouldn't have done.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This is true too. But by extension it’s Illmatic that influenced a lot of that shyt too. Mobb Deep before Illmatic and Mobb Deep after Illmatic is 2 diff things.
Of course. But they carved our their own lane though. Infamous doesn’t sound like Illmatic. It just forced them to step up their game.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
NWA for me :yeshrug:

They were revolutionary no doubt, but both Cube and Dre went on to do better work IMO

EDIT: Okay after reading the full post I can't choose.

Last edited: