• Gangstarr

Votes: 111 55.2%

• Total voters

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
NWA can go......other than Easy I didn't really fukk with them anyway....

Hip-Hop in the 90s without Gang Starr would be insane

Without NWA. No Dre. No Dre equals no Snoop, Or anything associated with Dre, Death Row, or Aftermath. U lose Ice Cube. U lost not only his classic albums. U lose Friday and Boyz n The Hood etc etc. U lose Eazy E. U not only lose his shyt. U lose Bone Thugs n all that. NWA is TOO important.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No homo breh but @FreshAIG you 1 of the best East coast posters on here. I originally saw you used to have East coast bias but over the years you've become unbiased as fuk( that's a very rare quality on here).There's better ways to say this but I'm too drunk early on :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
if we are talking about egg before the chicken then GangStarr loses because the GS foundation birthed way less than the other clicks.
it kind of hurts to think about it that way- but Big Shug, Jeru, Group Home, etc all combined still not as impactful as Mobb Deep - who I think is right on the line. I'm gonna play way more old mobb tracks than any of the above listed (outside of GangStass and Guru solo joints)

NWA lineage is gigantic and goes way beyond music at this point
Wu-Tang dynasty/legacy is huge
Mobb Deep embodied the 90s NYC grimey sound

I listen to GangStarr way more than NWA(as a group) but if we are talking about erasing the parents (and thus all the seeds) then NWA has to stay.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
if we are talking about egg before the chicken then GangStarr loses because the GS foundation birthed way less than the other clicks.
it kind of hurts to think about it that way- but Big Shug, Jeru, Group Home, etc all combined still not as impactful as Mobb Deep - who I think is right on the line. I'm gonna play way more old mobb tracks than any of the above listed (outside of GangStass and Guru solo joints)
Mobb Deep's family tree is less than Gangstarr's if you want to compare them that way.

Jeru and Bahamadia vs Rapper Noyd and Bars N Hooks

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
No homo breh but @FreshAIG you 1 of the best East coast posters on here. I originally saw you used to have East coast bias but over the years you've become unbiased as fuk( that's a very rare quality on here).There's better ways to say this but I'm too drunk early on :lolbron:
Lol I’ve always been unbiased but salute bro

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mobb Deep's family tree is less than Gangstarr's if you want to compare them that way.

Jeru and Bahamadia vs Rapper Noyd and Bars N Hooks

The GS tree might be bigger but the fruit aint as good - sorry.
Just my personal taste - I'm gonna bump way more infamous mobb, illa ghee and littles than big shug or jeru. i think bahamadia is dope and i own jeru's first two albums and bumpy knuckles first deluxe CD (with the comic book included) but like i said its right on the line for me, not a landslide victory but if one has to go then its gangstarr foundation before Mobb Deep.