Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Y’all c00ns in here fighting for Bruce Lee’s honor but martial art films that prominently featured black folks have our brehs out there looking like idiots. All brawn and no brains and y’all out here getting wet about some damn fiction.

God forgive me. Free my mind of this nonsense.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I thought the movie was extremely good easily a 9/10 film

I see y’all saying it was too long I agree I still wouldn’t change it , the ending with the Manson people and brad Pitt was fukking insane , I didn’t expect that at all

One of the best films I ever watched

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So I’ve had days to think about this. I like it. I don’t love it. There are things I really liked and things I felt could’ve been cut. I wouldn’t call it one of his best BUT it’s probably the best movie of the year so far. The first two acts are all build up to the third and I loved the third act. There’s an intricacy to the storytelling that QT has gotten really good at and it’s on display here. The movie all fits together and a nice love letter to Sharon Tate, old Hollywood, and his childhood.

There’s a lot to dissect here regarding masculinity of the 50s and early 60s v what it became in the late 60s and beyond, how Hollywood would’ve evolved had it never “lost its innocence” that night, and of course whether or not homie is indulging too much in his likes. There are whole portions of the flick that are purely just things he loves and wants everyone else to love. Could’ve been leaner and better. But still good

capblk

Rookie
Daps
I really enjoyed this movie. I will agree that this one just like any other Tarantino movie is not for everyone.

The "Scarface" and "Catch me if You Can" references caught me off guard and put a smile on my face. I'm sure I missed a ton so a repeat viewing is necessary.