Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finally got around to reading the Esquire piece with Leo, Pitt and QT, now I'm really ready. They talked about what movies they watched to prepare for this and how some movies the younger gen haven't seen (Godfather, Cuckoo's Nest, All the President's Men) that are considered a must if you're an actor. One cool tidbit was talk about a celebrity they missed out on who later died, Leo was starstruck when he saw River Phoenix, who he looked up to, he had hand out but a crowd got in his way and like that River was gone... and went into the Viper Room, where he later OD'd.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After all of the stories about Quentin telling people that have screened it to not ruin the ending, knowing how he played with hitlers death in Inglourious b*stards, and seeing the trailer a few more times... I have a feeling like brad Pitt as the stunt double and Bruce lee are going to team up and take down the Manson Clan:russ:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do we believe this is his last film or is that to get people to see it?

@MartyMcFly
I always thought QT said he wanted to do only 10 movies, and this is #9. :patrice:

Not that I ever bought him quitting at 10 either unless he drastically changes his career.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Well, this pretty much sums up what I thought:

“I think when it comes to theatrical movies, I’ve come to the end of the road,” Tarantino said. “I see myself writing film books and starting to write theatre, so I’ll still be creative. I just think I’ve given all I have to give to movies.”

A guy like QT can't give up writing, so his retirement from film could only stick if he takes writing to a different medium.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well, this pretty much sums up what I thought:

“I think when it comes to theatrical movies, I’ve come to the end of the road,” Tarantino said. “I see myself writing film books and starting to write theatre, so I’ll still be creative. I just think I’ve given all I have to give to movies.”

A guy like QT can't give up writing, so his retirement from film could only stick if he takes writing to a different medium.
Its just odd because we had the star trek movie rumors and the django/zorro one too. But i dont wanna have those be his last film. I'd rather he wrote them at most

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's gonna probably move to TV. Just like Soderbergh did. I could see him doing a NETFLIX or HBO series, and directing all the episodes.

Daps
Not a fan of the project in the slightest, and general theater goers that see it are probably going to have qualms with it

Last edited: