Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
60608461_2132376450389114_9185489944267718656_n.jpg

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I hope this is playing at the remodeled New Beverly Cinema so I can see it there, but regardless I'll be attending this at my earliest opportunity.

Having read various synopses for the film (including the twist Tarantino wanted everyone at Cannes to keep secret), it seems like this is going to be both a very Tarantino film and unlike every other film he's done before, in that it's about not much more than two dudes getting old and watching the industry pass them by. I'm fine with it, but I imagine others will be thrown by it.

Also, if the feminist contingent hated the ending to The Hateful Eight (even though Daisy Domergue's one of the best female characters Tarantino's ever written), they're going to absolutely LOATHE the ending to this. Like, nothing against any feminists or feminism, but the outrage is going to be absolutely hilarious to watch unfold. It also, in every way, shape, and form, reads like the most Quentin Tarantino way to end a film like this ever. The audacity of even conceiving this ending is actually deeply hilarious to me.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I hope this is playing at the remodeled New Beverly Cinema so I can see it there, but regardless I'll be attending this at my earliest opportunity.

Having read various synopses for the film (including the twist Tarantino wanted everyone at Cannes to keep secret), it seems like this is going to be both a very Tarantino film and unlike every other film he's done before, in that it's about not much more than two dudes getting old and watching the industry pass them by. I'm fine with it, but I imagine others will be thrown by it.

Also, if the feminist contingent hated the ending to The Hateful Eight (even though Daisy Domergue's one of the best female characters Tarantino's ever written), they're going to absolutely LOATHE the ending to this. Like, nothing against any feminists or feminism, but the outrage is going to be absolutely hilarious to watch unfold. It also, in every way, shape, and form, reads like the most Quentin Tarantino way to end a film like this ever. The audacity of even conceiving this ending is actually deeply hilarious to me.
What was the ending? I mean without spoiling it completely?

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
What was the ending? I mean without spoiling it completely?

Let's see if I can remember this correctly...

For those who want a Manson family blowout, you're gonna get it and it's apparently brutal as all hell, so no surprises there. But Tarantino adds a few wrinkles to the whole scenario.

One concerns who are the prominent villains in that blowout. If you know the history of the Manson family, then this won't be much of a surprise. But people are definitely gonna have an issue with it.

Another concerns how they get to that blowout. It's such a film nerd's way of framing it that I had to laugh. And it's doubly apt for someone who's been taken to task repeatedly for aestheticizing and casualizing brutal violence in film.

The last one I remember concerns the death of a prominent cultural icon of the period during the blowout. Again, think about who Tarantino is, what kinds of film genres he continually plays with and what the movie's about, and you'll probably get who I'm talking about within three guesses.

That's all fairly oblique, but it's about as much as I want to say about it. I usually wouldn't care about spoilers, but I think it's going to be something that people should really see and judge for themselves.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Let's see if I can remember this correctly...

For those who want a Manson family blowout, you're gonna get it and it's apparently brutal as all hell, so no surprises there. But Tarantino adds a few wrinkles to the whole scenario.

One concerns who are the prominent villains in that blowout. If you know the history of the Manson family, then this won't be much of a surprise. But people are definitely gonna have an issue with it.

Another concerns how they get to that blowout. It's such a film nerd's way of framing it that I had to laugh. And it's doubly apt for someone who's been taken to task repeatedly for aestheticizing and casualizing brutal violence in film.

The last one I remember concerns the death of a prominent cultural icon of the period during the blowout. Again, think about who Tarantino is, what kinds of film genres he continually plays with and what the movie's about, and you'll probably get who I'm talking about within three guesses.

That's all fairly oblique, but it's about as much as I want to say about it. I usually wouldn't care about spoilers, but I think it's going to be something that people should really see and judge for themselves.
I think I did read that already. I will see for myslef then when the flick drops. Only movie I really wanna see this whole spring summer season.