Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The term Oscar bait comes to mind here
Yeah because oscar movies always come out in summer
ZnK9nHu.png

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was watching some of Pulp Fiction the other night, and it's so apparent the decline in Tarantino's work, he doesn't write characters like Vega, Jules, Mia, Marsellis anymore, who are layered, and real, while also, funny, violent, charming, murderous. He lost some of this around Death Proof. Regardless, I will see this in July, and it's always fun to see new Tarantino, though The Hateful 8 was a chore to sit through,

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah because oscar movies always come out in summer
ZnK9nHu.png

Can careless the date it comes out. The topic is what matters. These era based looks at old Hollywood are prime jacking material to these old cacs that vote for the Oscars. I expect my eyeballs to witness trash when it comes out only to find it sweeping the award season as per usual.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was watching some of Pulp Fiction the other night, and it's so apparent the decline in Tarantino's work, he doesn't write characters like Vega, Jules, Mia, Marsellis anymore, who are layered, and real, while also, funny, violent, charming, murderous. He lost some of this around Death Proof. Regardless, I will see this in July, and it's always fun to see new Tarantino, though The Hateful 8 was a chore to sit through,

His long time editor died. Which is why his last couple movies have been bloated messes. There were great scenes in "Django" and "The Hateful 8" but both were too damn long and there were a ton of scenes that dragged on for no reason. I need to know the run time for this before I can even get excited.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Can careless the date it comes out. The topic is what matters. These era based looks at old Hollywood are prime jacking material to these old cacs that vote for the Oscars. I expect my eyeballs to witness trash when it comes out only to find it sweeping the award season as per usual.
:camby:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

" It’s Tarantino’s best film since Kill Bill, perhaps even since Pulp Fiction."

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
His long time editor died. Which is why his last couple movies have been bloated messes. There were great scenes in "Django" and "The Hateful 8" but both were too damn long and there were a ton of scenes that dragged on for no reason. I need to know the run time for this before I can even get excited.

Fred.
2 hours, 36 minutes.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Fred.
Inglorious b*stards card game/shootout was classic Tarantino. He does need a new editor. I must admit this has me curious