On the real, Rick Ross' rise in lyrical ability and popularity are a myth

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
So you can understand English

You are not deaf

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1q4ZEO1ZrA]Rick Ross "HIGH DEFINITION" [RICH FOREVER MIXTAPE] (Rich Forever Mixtape) (2012) - YouTube[/ame]

^^^^
You listen to that and think its trash lyrically

Now u want somebody to post lyrics of what u just heard in hopes of convincing u it ain't trash

:what:

Are u dudes retarded or something?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
AND STOP WITH BIGGIE HE GAVE US TWO CLASSICS READY OR DIE AND LAD

JUST TWO HE DEAD NOW!!!

HE AINT DROPPING NOTHING ELSE

WAYNE GAVE US CARTER 1 AND 2 NO CEILINGS DEDICATION 1 AND 2
THE SUFFIX

THATS 6 RIGHT THERE

And all these years later almost no one has come out with two albums to match those.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
your obviously one of these big mel type of rap critics so i guess its pointless.

Freddie Gibbs - Scottie Pippen - YouTube

one of the most praised verses on here but i guess its trash because he aint talking about anything related to the song.

and u still havent explained what mafia music 1 and 2 means :russ:

You simple as fukk, how many times you gonna quote me and not say why he killed the verse? Just explain why the verse was hot OR what the fukk he is talking about

You really go youtube surfing for random verses to compare to Ross' DIAND verse? :umad:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
MAN fukk IT KANYE GOT MORE CLASSICS THAN BIGGIE AND IF NOT NOW HE WILL SOON CUZ BIGGIE DEAD

I'd argue that he currently has 1 classic and one arguable classic. But neither is as good as biggies two albums, so in order to surpass biggie he'd still need two more classic/great albums, not very likely but we will see

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laugh:

I bumped and fukked with most Ross projects from the jump but the delusion levels in this thread :smh:

Ross for the most part makes hot music and anyone who says they wont check for GFID is lying but his fakkit stans are the worst

Homeboy has cheerleaders incapable of articulating their opinion

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As I've said before Ross is lyrical when he wants to be....there is no doubt about that....but he's highly over rated because he has virtually no competition in that lane in 2012. Which leads to ridiculous statements like "he's better than BIG" and "he's the hottest rapper from his region".

Fred.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
You simple as fukk, how many times you gonna quote me and not say why he killed the verse? Just explain why the verse was hot OR what the fukk he is talking about

You really go youtube surfing for random verses to compare to Ross' DIAND verse? :umad:

again why the fukk do i need to explain to you why i believe the verse is hot, its my opinion so why do u seem to care so much?

you are either trolling or just trying too hard to get a response so just kim, if u dont like the verse good if u do then i dont understand why i have to explain to a grown ass man why a verse is good.

this nikka really wants me to break down a simple ass verse like its hard to comprehend :snoop:

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps

you're simple, I could write a paper on that verse. Just because it doesn't have a "message" that can be put into one sentence doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything, songs like that are what's simple. Songs that you can say "this is about black struggle, this is about that." What the fukk were biggie's songs about? Raping kids and throwing them off bridges? See I can do that too, it's easy to generalize an artist. The song is describing the life of the persona that rick ross has created using descriptive words and playful tricks of language. Are you happy? Just because that's what it's about doesn't mean that's all that's there. Subtext, subtext, subtext.

See...now you've made me type a whole paragraph about a rapper i don't even care that much for. Thanks for making me look like a faq fukkboy.

edit: don't get me wrong, this is his best verse imo and most of them are the typical jewels and cazal sunglasses talk. he should never be compared to biggie.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
again why the fukk do i need to explain to you why i believe the verse is hot, its my opinion so why do u seem to care so much?

you are either trolling or just trying too hard to get a response so just kim, if u dont like the verse good if u do then i dont understand why i have to explain to a grown ass man why a verse is good.

this nikka really wants me to break down a simple ass verse like its hard to comprehend :snoop:

Nobody really gives a fukk about your opinion or the song. It's just the principalities of the thing. You stepped in hear saying Ross was so lyrical and he killed all these verses. People disagree with your opinion so they asked you to explain. If you are going to make a statement about your opinion then you better be ready to back it up and stand by your statement if not nobody will take you seriously cause you don't even believe yourself.

SubLyminalz

Supporter
Daps
As I've said before Ross is lyrical when he wants to be....there is no doubt about that....but he's highly over rated because he has virtually no competition in that lane in 2012. Which leads to ridiculous statements like "he's better than BIG" and "he's the hottest rapper from his region".

Fred.

yet u still didnt name a rapper from the south currently in 2012 hotter than ross :pachaha:

SubLyminalz

Supporter
Daps
Nobody really gives a fukk about your opinion or the song. It's just the principalities of the thing. You stepped in hear saying Ross was so lyrical and he killed all these verses. People disagree with your opinion so they asked you to explain. If you are going to make a statement about your opinion then you better be ready to back it up and stand by your statement if not nobody will take you seriously cause you don't even believe yourself.

sorry if i didnt break down the verse or the lyrics in it because some remedial poster couldnt comprehend what was said :ehh:

im done with this thread.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're simple, I could write a paper on that verse. Just because it doesn't have a "message" that can be put into one sentence doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything, songs like that are what's simple. Songs that you can say "this is about black struggle, this is about that." What the fukk were biggie's songs about? Raping kids and throwing them off bridges? See I can do that too, it's easy to generalize an artist. The song is describing the life of the persona that rick ross has created using descriptive words and playful tricks of language. Are you happy? Just because that's what it's about doesn't mean that's all that's there. Subtext, subtext, subtext.

See...now you've made me type a whole paragraph about a rapper i don't even care that much for. Thanks for making me look like a faq fukkboy.

Don't know why you are quoting BIG or putting him in the same convo as Ross, I haven't mentioned Big once.

Your boyfriend mentioned DIAND as an example of one of Ross' best lyrical tracks and I simply asked him what it was about, what he was saying and how it fitted with the original Ye song. Just like I thought neither of you butt bandits were able to explain why that verse was overrated as such.

:smh: at I'm not even a Ross fan after that big ass art Barr Jnr story